Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 10:23 PM

7 posts, read 8,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert soliz View Post
Adonis ,where exactly is EL BUCANERO's on BLACO.I'd like to find a good fish place.The last place I ate was at "SAM"S BURGER JOINT"The food was really good,but the precence of my Classy Lady friend made the visit a much more enjoyable
expierence.
Inside 1604 about a block from Longhorn Cafe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 PM

73 posts, read 112,498 times
Viola's ventanas or whatever its called was not good waste of money. Margarita was like drinking water. Absolutley beautiful building and grounds. We also had Steak and shake delicious Great burger and shake and good prices.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-12-2013, 04:11 PM

293 posts, read 391,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Went to Los Patios for a wedding reception a few weeks back....the food was excellent, and the wait staff outstanding - but the management is a JOKE. The a/c was out in the hall we were in (upstairs portion of it), but rather than shift us to a different building, they left it there - and all management went home!
Yeah - they left the staff there to deal with the overheated and unhappy folks! Fortunately, everyone realized it wasn't their fault, and didn't take it out on them - but it was well OVER 110 degrees upstairs, and the downstairs area wasn't big enough to handle the combined crowd.
Then....to add insult to injury.....the exterior walkways from the building to the parking lot had NO lighting! How we all made it out of there without someone tripping and falling I'll never know - but I CAN tell you one thing - I would NEVER recommend it as a venue again!
My good friend worked there for many years as a bartender/waitress as did her mom who still works there but the previous owners sold it and apparently it has gone downhill since then and she worked this event and was very upset that the party had to deal with that. It would be good to yelp your review if you have not already

Old 07-13-2013, 09:42 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,896 times
Went to try Cotten's BBQ on bitters, awful is all I can say. The brisket was tough, and the sausage tasted like rubber. I had high hopes for this place since its near where I live, and also I think the beans were from a can had no taste at all. I hope they do well but the food needs to get better.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:18 AM

318 posts, read 570,584 times
Ate the Granary earlier this week for lunch and it was great. Brisket was excellent, sausage was different but good. Burnt end baked beans are incredible as always and the sweet tea was very good. I like this place better at lunch with traditional BBQ than dinner, but they really need to streamline the ordering process. It's slow and disjointed. Going to give Blanco BBQ a try next week.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:05 PM

145 posts, read 378,838 times
Yum Thai on 281 today. Best Thai food we've had outside of Thailand.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:27 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
We had a nice supper at Luther's Cafe. I had a turkey burger that was gussied up with cheese, spicy mayo, and roasted red peppers. I also had the best sweet potato fries I've ever tasted - better even than the Cove, which is pretty amazing. My husband had a fantastic top shelf burger with onion rings. The service was excellent too.

We then just drove around a while and ended up in AH so we dropped by Bird Bakery. We checked in on Foursquare and scored a free mini cupcake each. We ate those (yum!) and took a couple treats home for tomorrow. We got there right at closing time and the staff was still gracious and apparently quite happy for us to take our time. We will definitely go back!

Old 07-13-2013, 09:34 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
Freddy's Custard at Alamo Ranch. It's not bad for fast food.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:42 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,196,629 times
Just a note to the Happy Guy Chinese restaurant faithful, their parking lot in front of the business is being re-paved and is currently torn up. There are also detours in the rest of the parking area. Beware.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:59 AM

923 posts, read 1,502,935 times
I ate lunch at China Harbor on Walzem recently, it was awful.
One of my friends got some food but then wasn't feeling well and asked if he could take it to go...they said no.
My other friend had water dripping on him (and his food) from a leak in the ceiling overhead.
A couple of us had queasy stomachs the rest of the afternoon.
Disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio