Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 09:47 AM

915 posts, read 1,904,301 times

Advertisements

Los Barrios on Blanco is the original and location I frequent. Location | Los Barrios

They also have La Hacienda Los Barrios out in suburbia Los Barrios | La Hacienda de Los Barrios | Mexican Restaurant San Antonio

Back on topic, I ate Jim's Hildebrand recently and the swiss chicken was quite tasty and offered a great value for the money. I'm normally not a big fan, but that dish delivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 10:59 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,087 times
El Bucanero on Blanco...great Ceviche, the seafood was pretty good too.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:53 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,790 times
Stopped by the Jason's on I-10 for a sandwich. They renovated it and it is nicer. The place was really run down. Better ergonomics on the service line too. I like their veggie soup.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:14 PM

127 posts, read 282,324 times
Dough pizza - I feel guilty for not agreeing with everyone that it's the best pizza on earth. Guess I don't have a sophisticated enough palate.

Very nice service, tasty cheese and friendly crowd - just not my favorite pizza (Joe's or Bleeker st in NY still win, for me, by a mile).

Old 07-07-2013, 05:32 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
I went to Chacho's on Perrin Bietel for breakfast with some friends Saturday morning. It was like 8am. The tacos were decent but a bit pricey. I spent $6 on two tacos and orange juice. No shootings or fights were seen.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:24 AM

950 posts, read 1,259,768 times
Hey,did they close the Mama's Cafe on Pat Booker up by the Regal Live Oak Cinema?I went to the movies there Friday afternoon.First i ate at Texas Roadhouse,then saw Now You See Me,which is pretty good. Anyhow, I noticed when I left the theatre which was around 7:00 there was no body over there,except just one white,van,and the place seemed dark. Last time I ate there, there was an eyelash on one of my carrots,and the rolls and cornbread were old.
Haven't been back there.There were actually people at the Golden Chick next door.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:16 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Went to Los Patios for a wedding reception a few weeks back....the food was excellent, and the wait staff outstanding - but the management is a JOKE. The a/c was out in the hall we were in (upstairs portion of it), but rather than shift us to a different building, they left it there - and all management went home!
Yeah - they left the staff there to deal with the overheated and unhappy folks! Fortunately, everyone realized it wasn't their fault, and didn't take it out on them - but it was well OVER 110 degrees upstairs, and the downstairs area wasn't big enough to handle the combined crowd.
Then....to add insult to injury.....the exterior walkways from the building to the parking lot had NO lighting! How we all made it out of there without someone tripping and falling I'll never know - but I CAN tell you one thing - I would NEVER recommend it as a venue again!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:31 PM

123 posts, read 258,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ok2k View Post
Dough pizza - I feel guilty for not agreeing with everyone that it's the best pizza on earth. Guess I don't have a sophisticated enough palate.

Very nice service, tasty cheese and friendly crowd - just not my favorite pizza (Joe's or Bleeker st in NY still win, for me, by a mile).

This is the most recent place we've eaten at. It was good, but not amazing. I was underwhelmed.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 PM

7 posts, read 8,155 times
About a week ago, we went to Freetail for date night - had a good time. Pizza is good andthe beer is excellent. Friday went to El Bucanero on Blanco, really good, and Sunday we went to Max's Wine Dive. THe food and service was excellent.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:06 PM

263 posts, read 480,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis33 View Post
About a week ago, we went to Freetail for date night - had a good time. Pizza is good andthe beer is excellent. Friday went to El Bucanero on Blanco, really good, and Sunday we went to Max's Wine Dive. THe food and service was excellent.
Adonis ,where exactly is EL BUCANERO's on BLACO.I'd like to find a good fish place.The last place I ate was at "SAM"S BURGER JOINT"The food was really good,but the precence of my Classy Lady friend made the visit a much more enjoyable
expierence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio