Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2011, 04:08 AM

493 posts, read 515,129 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

On Saturday morning I will be riding Omnitrans 215 from Riverside to San Bernardino. My final destination is the Metrolink station so I can catch a train towards LA.

Google Transit shows, for my listed time, that walking to the station from 4th/G seems to be the only option. However, I did look at the Omnitrans website (I'm from out of the area) and it shows bus 1 runs my walking route. I'm guessing Google doesn't show it because there is too little/too much connecting time (it's only imperfection)

I, for possibly very good reason, am uneasy about walking through that part of San Bernardino. I have been to that part before, but I got to only view it from a car window. Is walking through that part of SB (3rd/4th Sts) any risk on a weekend morning and of it is, is it worth it? Or should I catch a bus, or even call a cab? Or is my fear exaggerated?

Much of my fear is because I will have expensive electronics on me (bit they will not be visible), and I may be wearing "preppy" clothing.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 04:42 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Gesh, San Bernardino has the worst PR of just about anywhere in the country.

IMO, if you feel safe enough to take the bus and/or train, you're safe enough to walk around DT SB on a weekend morning.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:33 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times
I'd walk it. I'd be annoyed because I'm lazy. They can't get you any closer? What about the stop at 3rd and J?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:49 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,381,780 times
It's only .7 of a mile, so I can see why Google doesn't show any buses for that section of the trip. And David Aguilar is right, if you feel safe enough on the bus, then walking that distance should be fine - especially on a Saturday morning.

Finding a cab at that time of day could be a problem. And calling for a cab? That could take way longer than it's worth.

And just for the record, I'm female, blond and not at all tough looking - and I've taken the Metrolink into Riverside, then taken a bus San Bernardino, and then another bus to CSUSB - while I was a student there - and I did it early in the morning and in the early evening as well and never had a problem. And as for our expensive electronics, doesn't almost everyone had an iPhone these days? I doubt you'll be the only one in the area with one or more expensive electronic devices on them.

Just walk with purpose, and confidence!

Old 11-17-2011, 03:56 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,850,670 times
You'll be fine. I've never had a problem in downtown San Bernardino.

-Cheers.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:35 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,031,991 times
Walking anywhere in san bernardino is dangerous esp at night.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,733 times
No. That's silly.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 AM

50 posts, read 86,068 times
I don't even want to drive into San Berdardino... let alone walk around by myself!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:05 AM

5 posts, read 11,160 times
Default Walking in SB

True, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties