Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 01:31 PM

212 posts, read 640,753 times

Advertisements

Truckin seems to like focusing on what some would call the negative aspects of life in CA. Newsflash: anywhere you go, there's good and bad! What a shocker!!!! I'm not sure why people live there if they hate it so much.

Yes, I used to live there (Moreno Valley and Riverside), and I was painfully aware of the bad aspects of SoCal, but really enjoyed the good parts. I moved back to the Pittsburgh area last year because I missed it, but guess what!? There are bad parts of this area, and sometimes it seems the good aspects of SoCal life outweigh the good aspects of Pittsburgh life. It's a give and take, don't people get it?
But if people like one of the posters above realllly hate it, and it seems they do, they should move and see if the grass is greener someplace else. It won't be. I've learned that you pick a place to live, and make it home, and that includes the bad aspects of it.

Anyway, it's picture time!!

Last edited by deathegg88; 07-10-2010 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: spelling correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 04:10 PM

26 posts, read 82,733 times
I was just showing the other side. All of the pics i've seen are of mountains,flowers, and the Mission i'm not dwelling on the bad, and I know everywhere has a bad, i've been around this world a bit. Thanks, Just Havin fun oh and guess what? pittsburg has a bad area?? haha no kidding, you must've gotten your PHD from Harvard Egg-O!!! Thanks for feeling so high and mighty today to tell people how "you think" they are presenting themselves. The world wouldn't be the same without punks like you..........

Last edited by Truckin'; 07-10-2010 at 04:20 PM..

Old 07-10-2010, 04:13 PM

26 posts, read 82,733 times

Old 07-10-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin' View Post
all I can say is on your return, make sure you have a bag inhand. You'll wanna throw up when you see how bad it is out here. Hope you like taco shops and trash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin' View Post
...i'm not dwelling on the bad..
Oh, no..not at all. Your words are fragrant rays of sunshine!!

Quote:
..you must've gotten your PHD from Harvard Egg-O!!!
Don't know what that means, so you deserve "The Bunny":

Quote:
Thanks for feeling so high and mighty today to tell people how "you think" they are presenting themselves. The world wouldn't be the same without punks like you..........
I'm not high, nor am I mighty, although I do work out with weights occasionally, which has increased my strength levels. Moreover, I don't presume to tell anyone how "I think" you are presenting yourself, since it's painfully obvious to anyone reading, but thank you for the inference that I somehow can influence people in that manner!

Ok...I'm not really seeing the "negative" aspects of most of your photos above...they're supposed to be negative, right?
Pic 1 is a little cottage that needs a bit of work, but still decent-looking. I would definitely take down that cinder-block wall though.
Pic 2 is bad, yes. But it's bad in the extreme, which I suppose is your way of evoking a "OMG, I'm glad I don't live there!" response..
Pic 3 is a gas station sign, (Oh NOES!!), and lastly we have Pic 4; road construction. So you're saying road construction is unique to SoCal?

And if you have "been around this world a bit", as you assert, then you should should be very cognizant of the fact that focusing on the negative is a sure way to an early grave.

Now, Moar Piktures!!!

The cross at Mt. Rubidoux

Old trees at Fairmount Park

Christmas at Riverside Plaza

VC #2 at Orange Empire RR Museum

Old 07-11-2010, 09:03 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,431,085 times
I think every one will know where this was taken ...

Pictures of the Inland Empire-im000779.jpg

Old 07-11-2010, 12:23 PM

Cabazon, right? I never went there when I lived there, but maybe I'll go in Sept. when I visit. BTW, Pittsburgh has a dinosaur too, I posted a pic in the Pittsburgh Pics section.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:13 AM

458 posts, read 1,263,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathegg88 View Post

Pic 1 is a little cottage that needs a bit of work, but still decent-looking. I would definitely take down that cinder-block wall though.

I agree with you on what you are saying, I don't know why people focus on the negatives so much. Of course every place has its drawbacks.

That first house is a nice little cottage, take that house and put it in Ocean beach and it wont look so run down, all the houses there are little cottages that look like that.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:25 AM

Would love a little cottage like that, there's nothing here in Pittsburgh like that, not even many bungalows. I betcha that near the beach they are expensive though!!

Old 07-12-2010, 05:26 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,936,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalysd View Post
I agree with you on what you are saying, I don't know why people focus on the negatives so much.
Because he has an "I hate the IE" agenda. Nothing new.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 PM

A few more....

Storm clouds over Mt. Rubidoux

Some pics from a Palm Springs Ariel tramway trip. Bluebird:

Windmills as seen from above:

Palm Springs lights at dusk:

I like this fallen tree, look how blue that sky is:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties