Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:48 AM

144 posts, read 390,956 times

Advertisements

hehe I'll raise your I miss Texas to my I miss Ireland !!

We've just moved to Temecula 2 months ago from Seattle. We both work fom home so commute is a non issue for us. We have a nearly 3 yr old and love it here. We are renting in Paseo del sol and have found a great community full of families in which to raise our daughter.

We think the amenities are fantastic including the pools,tot lots,trails etc.. We've attended several city sponsored events such as outdoor movie night(every friday during summer). It's hit a 100 a couple of days since we got here but we just hide indoors(Irish skin) until c 4.30/5p, when a loverly breeze blows tru

We go to the beach every weekend and it takes an hour it you time it right and don't speed! We've been to the great farmers market and even got shown around the fire station when my daughter waved at the guys as we walked pass!

We have sold are house in Seattle and know have itchy buying fingers! I recommend renting before you buy to a feel for the area yourself. We feel at home here and I'm from 6,000 miles away from my mammy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 03:59 PM

15 posts, read 38,485 times
dweej,

Your post didn't appear till later for some reason on the thread. But I guess Home really is where the heart is. Glad you are enjoying and being positive about your time in southern California, and I hope for you that you get to return Home soon! Glad to get all the great tips so we can figure out our future from seeing the positives and negatives...from all different perspectives! Thanks new friends!

Old 08-07-2009, 04:03 PM

15 posts, read 38,485 times
Whereto?

Thanks for the great advice! Good luck!

Old 08-07-2009, 04:45 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,808,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereto? View Post
hehe I'll raise your I miss Texas to my I miss Ireland !!

We've just moved to Temecula 2 months ago from Seattle. We both work fom home so commute is a non issue for us. We have a nearly 3 yr old and love it here. We are renting in Paseo del sol and have found a great community full of families in which to raise our daughter.

We think the amenities are fantastic including the pools,tot lots,trails etc.. We've attended several city sponsored events such as outdoor movie night(every friday during summer). It's hit a 100 a couple of days since we got here but we just hide indoors(Irish skin) until c 4.30/5p, when a loverly breeze blows tru

We go to the beach every weekend and it takes an hour it you time it right and don't speed! We've been to the great farmers market and even got shown around the fire station when my daughter waved at the guys as we walked pass!

We have sold are house in Seattle and know have itchy buying fingers! I recommend renting before you buy to a feel for the area yourself. We feel at home here and I'm from 6,000 miles away from my mammy.
Might I inquire where/when the farmers market is that you refer to?

Old 08-07-2009, 04:50 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Might I inquire where/when the farmers market is that you refer to?
Saturdays in Old Town! Wonderful!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:46 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
They also do a smaller but much-less-crowded one in the parking lot of the Promenade Mall on Wednesday mornings (in case you need some fresh produce in the middle of the week too )

Old 08-07-2009, 08:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
I can't explore the Wednesday market until I retire :-)

Old 08-07-2009, 09:00 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,804 times
Quote:
I can't explore the Wednesday market until I retire :-)
Ah, yes...the joys of being a stay-at-home mom

Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,808,050 times
Quote:
Thanks! Will be heading over to check it out then. I miss having a Saturday market to go to on the weekends. Another excuse to head to Temecula for a day.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:19 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Truly knowing this area for 20 years now, but not living there, i never see a downhill for this TEMECULA AREA. I would take this as an opportunity to buy more home for your money, 5 years ago you could not touch the area. Take advantage of what is out there, as for vacant homes, they are all over the California region. Talk to residents of the area, not only online get first hand information on the areas and schools you want to be in. Realtors can also help you with this, lots more out there to choose from then ever before. So many neighboorhoods to choose from, this is in your favor, so take advantage of a good thing, who knows how long this is going to last, and interest rates are down, if your have good credit, this is even better. GOOD LUCK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties