Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 AM

119 posts, read 339,774 times

Advertisements

Hi, I used to live in Spring Valley in the late 90's before I moved to the East Coast. How are things hangin' over there? Same as ever? Better? Worse? I've been feeling nostalgic for my little hood lately: the burrito shop near the corner of Paradise Valley Road and South Worthington that I see no longer exists where I used to have to wait seven thousand years for a burrito (which I didn't mind because of the great Mexican music piped in), the 7-11 where I used to pick up my Grolsch beer at all hours of the night, the indoor mall in Lemon Grove that I can't find anywhere on Google Maps.

How's my old stomping ground?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 07:34 AM

I'll take the deafening silence to mean that SV is still as it ever was.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:01 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,278,783 times
I just moved to Lemon Grove and havent spent much time in SV yet. I drove through a few times and for the most part on the northern half it seems pretty quiet and residential.

Where you around when the 125 and 94 merge was built?

Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,178,776 times
I don't live in SV or spend much time there but Sping Valley is alright. It is hit and miss depending on ehere in SV you live.

I'm not sure what mall you are talking about, sorry.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
I just moved to Lemon Grove and havent spent much time in SV yet. I drove through a few times and for the most part on the northern half it seems pretty quiet and residential.

Where you around when the 125 and 94 merge was built?
I can't totally remember, but I think there was no merge at the time.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
I don't live in SV or spend much time there but Sping Valley is alright. It is hit and miss depending on ehere in SV you live.

I'm not sure what mall you are talking about, sorry.
I wish I could remember the name of the mall. I can't find it on the web. Hmmmmm.

Yeah, hit and miss. It seems like the consensus on city-data is that if you want to buy a house but don't have tons of money, La Mesa is the place to buy. Not that I'm looking to move back, but it's good to know that places like La Mesa and Lemon Grove exist.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:53 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,178,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastDreamer View Post
I wish I could remember the name of the mall. I can't find it on the web. Hmmmmm.

Yeah, hit and miss. It seems like the consensus on city-data is that if you want to buy a house but don't have tons of money, La Mesa is the place to buy. Not that I'm looking to move back, but it's good to know that places like La Mesa and Lemon Grove exist.

I personally love La Mesa. For the most part, La Mesa is very nice especially around the La Mesa village and the train museum. Did you know that they used to film silent movies in the hills around La Mesa?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:41 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,558,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Did you know that they used to film silent movies in the hills around La Mesa?
I didn't know that and i lived La Mesa for years.
Although it does makes sense with all those beautiful older homes.
Me and the wife drive though those hills all the time looking at those old charmer homes

Spring Valley has change a little more to the safe side compared to the late 90's
There's still some rough spots lomita,bancroft,Worthington,La Presa,lower Mt helix east campo Rd area.
Even those areas have clean up a lot,the most you get is a occasional car break in.
Gang activity has decreased crystal meth activity is still a problem.
Still a lot of crack slab homes there

Old 01-31-2011, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,274 times
Just bought a house on Dictionary Hill. Great view and I see parts of downtown, Pt. Loma and, on a clear day, the ocean and even a couple islands. I hate the La Presa area, It totally brings down the entire area. The VONS and the Sears store on the corner of Sweetwater and Jamacha Rd are horrible. I can't stand having to shop there and I force myself to drive the four miles around The Point area to shop in Rancho San Diego. I wish the area would clean up. It needs to be annexed by the city of San Diego or La Mesa or something. Maybe a city council would help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego