Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 04:02 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,743,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
The mountains have been getting thunderstorms like around Palomar and Cuyamaca. I wish they would drift to the ocean areas. That would be amazing.
I wish this would happen at night so we can get a light show.....now that would be cool! And speaking of night, it hasn't cool down in the evening the last two days. I've only got a portable A/C unit, and while the room I sleep in is nice and cool, the rest of house is boiling. Not complaining, just an observation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 04:09 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,339,266 times
I have no a/c. I don't like it, and even if my place came with it, I wouldn't use it. My bedroom and living room both having ceiling fans. Those are both on, along with a box fan in the living room, and an oscillating fan in the bedroom. My cat has his own private desk fan on the coffee table. but he prefers to hog mine.

My place isn't hot to me, but I'm very cold blooded, so what seems hot to someone else, isn't to me. Besides, this is no comparision to the east coast summers of 100+ temperatures with humidity to match, and I hated the many years that I spent in it.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:42 PM

Guess who has the warmest ocean temps on the West Coast?

Old 08-13-2012, 04:49 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,673,805 times
I'm so jealous of you guys right now, I really need to stop reading this thread.

I found myself actually enjoying a pool over the weekend which I never really liked before. I guess the absence of an ocean that is actually swimmable nearby has forced me to rethink my positions on pools, ha. But compared to the ocean they are boring as hell.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:16 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,352,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
My bedroom and living room both having ceiling fans. Those are both on, along with a box fan in the living room, and an oscillating fan in the bedroom.
I'm with you. No ceiling fans here, but I've got a large wind machine & smaller Vornado, both on me at all times. I like loud fans, too... always needed them to drown out the city sounds so I could sleep.

After a day out & about walking miles in the heat, humidity & sunshine, I couldn't wait to get home...

Can't wait to get to Coronado this week sometime. We're so lucky to live here!

Old 08-13-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I'm so jealous of you guys right now, I really need to stop reading this thread.

I found myself actually enjoying a pool over the weekend which I never really liked before. I guess the absence of an ocean that is actually swimmable nearby has forced me to rethink my positions on pools, ha. But compared to the ocean they are boring as hell.
Hey, sav! I remember when you and I used to go on and on about this stuff. I think people used to laugh at us Without rubbing it in, the last week or so has been amazing for going to the beach. I just talked to a friend who lives in SF city and he said can't even remember the last time it got above 70 degrees........yikes.

Might be time for you to take a long weekend trip to SD!

Old 08-13-2012, 05:44 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,673,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Hey, sav! I remember when you and I used to go on and on about this stuff. I think people used to laugh at us Without rubbing it in, the last week or so has been amazing for going to the beach. I just talked to a friend who lives in SF city and he said can't even remember the last time it got above 70 degrees........yikes.

Might be time for you to take a long weekend trip to SD!
I have several cities on my weather app on my phone so I see the weather there, when I saw SD was already at 78 this morning with a 69 degree dewpoint I was pretty fricken jealous and had flashbacks to all those perfect days spent at the beach.

It's been in the upper 90's where I am since the middle of last week but of course there is no large body of water near me that you can swim in to cool off. So I had to make do with a pool over the weekend, that still can never compare to Windansea or LJ Shores though of course.

Hopefully I can make it down before the racing season ends at Del Mar.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:30 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
It happens occasionally. At least, once or twice a year they'll drift as far West as Mission Valley/North Park/etc, Not sure about the beaches.
I remember those few times it has happened. Lightning everywhere and one swept through at night.

Quote:
I wish this would happen at night so we can get a light show.....now that would be cool! And speaking of night, it hasn't cool down in the evening the last two days. I've only got a portable A/C unit, and while the room I sleep in is nice and cool, the rest of house is boiling. Not complaining, just an observation
At night would be even better than during the day! I love those kind of storms because it cools everything down and brings a nice wind and a light show. I hate those winter storms that we get like the ones that flood Mission Valley. They are cold and no fun.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:44 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,034,824 times
Quote:
Guess who has the warmest ocean temps on the West Coast?
Here's a good way to keep track of our local water temps:
Terrafin SST-View Free SST Images - SoCal Regional

Old 08-14-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Here's a good way to keep track of our local water temps:
Terrafin SST-View Free SST Images - SoCal Regional
Thanks for reminding me about map........it's definitely a good one. Look at how warm it is along the North County coast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego