Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 02:45 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,567,327 times

Advertisements

WeatherBug tells me it's 80 degrees with 73% humidity at Mission Bay near where I live in an apartment with an asphalt parking lot in front and no A/C. It's 86 degrees inside and I'm sweating here just doing nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 03:30 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,340,636 times
Well the ocean water temps are over 70, so even the biggest babies can get in without issue. I have never seen the ocean here with wall to wall bodies. Very brisk breeze on the beach as as well. Searing hot sun though!

Old 08-12-2012, 06:24 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,386,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
Well the ocean water temps are over 70, so even the biggest babies can get in without issue. I have never seen the ocean here with wall to wall bodies. Very brisk breeze on the beach as as well. Searing hot sun though!

Yep. The water feels great! I agree about never seeing the ocean here so busy. We spent 2.5 months in Europe and just got back in town and are so VERY happy to be back. We really missed San Diego.

Even with the warmer weather it feels great at the beach with the breeze. We spent yesterday in La Jolla and today we spent the afternoon at the beaches of Del Mar. Absolutely packed! The water felt really nice and not cold as usual.

With the warmer temperatures the water feels great!

Old 08-12-2012, 06:44 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,340,636 times
I plan on ocean swimming every day after work this coming week. My employer likes to be Eco aware and has turned up thermostats and is sending out other energy saving tips via SDGE. In theory I am all for it, but the reality is I'm pretty hot at the end of the day. Ps welcome back to SD!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:11 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,386,682 times
Thanks Clevelandgal. I can't tell you how great it is to be home! We had a fabulous time in Europe but there is nothing that beats the feeling of sleeping in your own bed!

I have to admit, I'm not too Eco friendly when it comes to warmer weather and AC. We've had our AC on 70 since we got back both upstairs and downstairs and it's been going pretty constantly. I'm going to dread getting our electricity bill next month.

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I plan to go swimming a few times this week as well with the warmer weather... Boy did the water feel good today in Del Mar.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:36 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
A friend of mine sent me a pic of his gps that had a temp reading of 114 near Sycamore Canyon. Egad.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,936 times
The mountains have been getting thunderstorms like around Palomar and Cuyamaca. I wish they would drift to the ocean areas. That would be amazing.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:25 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
The mountains have been getting thunderstorms like around Palomar and Cuyamaca. I wish they would drift to the ocean areas. That would be amazing.
Weather channel is scrolling an advisory for flash flooding right now.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:20 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,034,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
It happens occasionally. At least, once or twice a year they'll drift as far West as Mission Valley/North Park/etc, Not sure about the beaches.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:56 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,743,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
I, too, was at the beach both days over the weekend and it was fantastic! I was up north where the water was 72 degrees at Scripps/La Jolla (Oceanside was at 74). The water was so clear, too. I've got my trunks and towel ready to go again after work again!

I've mentioned this before, but you really need to go to LJ Shores and swim with the Leopard Sharks. It's a bit unnerving at first, but so cool at the same time. Bring your snorkel and fins and have fun! Check out the video below.

Hundreds of Leopard Sharks Swarm La Jolla | NBC 7 San Diego
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego