Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easybay View Post
So frustrating - but thanks for that....I live in San Jose, and when it's 90 here in the summer, we will head to the beach to find it 60 and overcast. Sigh..... We were planning on going down for the last week of June.

I've been making inquiries for Del Mar as well - the complex I'm looking at has stairs leading to the beach - but I'm wondering how long is the beach???
It depends on the tide; sometimes there's a beach along the cliffs, and sometimes there's just surf...the permanent beach is between the lagoon inlet and the cliffs. You may want to look at it on Google Earth.

The Ocean Beach Dog Beach is a fantastic area with plenty of space, and your dog can play in the waves, or swim in the river where it meets the ocean, but the river current is strong, so beware of that. Not for small dogs...

The Coronado Dog Beach has a better view (for the humans) toward Point Loma, and the wet sand is full of mica sparkles--it looks like you're walking on gold dust . Your dog won't care, but your family may find it entertaining!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 09:16 AM

765 posts, read 2,441,674 times
Quote:
It depends on the tide; sometimes there's a beach along the cliffs, and sometimes there's just surf...the permanent beach is between the lagoon inlet and the cliffs. You may want to look at it on Google Earth.
Thanks - is there anyway for you help me further - street names, etc?

Old 03-20-2013, 09:24 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,430,742 times
Can I please suggest, when visiting, you adhere to the time guidlines? We all love to take our dogs to the beach. If we all " ran over the time limit" just a little...those that are less than pleased with dogs on the beaches, begin to complain. Then we all lose our privileges of playing with our dogs on the beaches. It may seem like only a little bit of extra time to you...but we have seen it happen over and over. Have fun with your pooch and don't forget the doggie bags

Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times
If you go to Del Mar on Google Maps and zoom in, you'll see a river just north of town, with a green square area on the coast. The river is San Diegito River, and the green square is North Bluff Preserve. The dog beach is between the Preserve and the river (lagoon). The road to look for is Camino Del Mar. You park on C Del Mar east and north of the beach, and walk down. In Maps you can switch to the Earth view, and see the cars and almost also the dogs! I haven't tried Street View in Google Earth yet, but I'm sure it'll show people walking to the beach with their dogs...

Old 03-21-2013, 03:15 PM

62 posts, read 175,783 times
We used to take our dog to Dog Beach in Ocean Beach. Highly recommend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego