Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 01:29 PM

69 posts, read 76,356 times

Advertisements

Based on just my experiences, City Heights, Logan Heights, National City, parts of La Mesa, parts of El Cajon, and parts of Gaslamp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 02:34 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGSD View Post
Based on just my experiences, City Heights, Logan Heights, National City, parts of La Mesa, parts of El Cajon, and parts of Gaslamp.
They're not necessarily bad, you just think they are.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
They're not necessarily bad, you just think they are.
Hence based off my experiences

Old 09-06-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGSD View Post
Hence based off my experiences
What are those experiences?

I live in SE SD, and don't consider it bad. I used to live in City Heights, and didn't consider it bad. There are bad parts of City Heights, but they're around Mann Middle School and Crawford High School.

I sometimes work at night, and have never been bothered. That goes for where I live now, and when I lived in City Heights.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:01 PM

My experiences are spending time there through visiting friends who lived there as well as working there M-F 40 hours a week. Sorry you don't feel my experiences are valid. I'll live (since I now avoid those parts of town).

Old 09-06-2015, 03:06 PM

Living in lower income areas doesn't bother me, never has, and I've never been bothered (and I'm a female). Plus, the lower income areas are close downtown where I work most of the time.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:09 PM

Good to hear.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:07 AM

What areas some people consider "bad", aren't bad at all they're just more affordable.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:12 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Many years ago we tried to rent a newer condo by SDSU near El Cajon BL. In the first few months we lived there we had our vehicles broken into, woke up many nights to people fighting and other noise. We kept finding condoms, used syringes and other garbage tossed out the windows from the apts on either side. One day the door gets knocked on and I answered it after seeing it was one of the neighbors. She was begging for "some money for food for her kids". Really? This woman was higher than a kite and had dried saliva all around her mouth and kept itching herself like she was covered in ants. This was in a locked gated rental!

I could not stop at the 7/11 on the way home due to the number of gang banger looking types at the 7/11 that would try to get you to either buy them booze or give them money. I drove a convertible and on more than one occasion had either hookers or street trash try to get in at a light when I had to work nights on the drive home. The last straw was 10 am on a Sat a guy beating another guy with a baseball bat in the middle of the street! The ghetto bird was a nightly occurrence. There were a couple of pubs down the street so we decided to check one out. Ever see that scene from Star Wars in the bar? I swear it was filmed in that pub. Could not beat feet fast enough.

So yes, this area was "affordable" but it sure as @#$T was not normal or safe. We broke our lease and moved.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:50 AM

Yes, there are some parts of SD that are bad, and even I wouldn't live in them. Where I live in Barrio Logan/Shelltown, isn't bad. It's an older area, and actually very quiet compared to when I lived in City Heights. No ghetto birds, no drunks, no wild parties, and no fighting. It's actually mostly families.

The only problems that I had living in City Heights were my neighbors that would drink and party, but SDPD put a stop to that. Here in Shelltown, the only problems that I've had were the kids playing outside of my window past 10pm. That also stopped after a few discussions of what would happen if it continued.

I haven't seen any gangbangers here at all, and the only time I did see any is when I worked at Mann Middle School and Crawford High. I came home from work last night after working at the The Quartyard (where everyone was drunk), to a nice, quiet complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego