Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 02:19 PM

6,895 posts, read 8,945,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The lineup is gonna be thick!
?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 02:30 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,464,366 times
I saw a sea turtle while surfing the south mission jetty earlier today. Only the third time I’ve seen one here, and the first time in probably close to 20 years. Very rare needless to say. Now if we could just get some waves to go with this warm water.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:45 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,037,117 times
Quote:
The lineup is gonna be thick!
There's no surf, it's about as flat as it ever gets in the summertime.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:31 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
There's no surf, it's about as flat as it ever gets in the summertime.
Will still be SUPs and long boarders

Old 08-02-2018, 03:44 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,464,366 times
Quote:
And junior lifeguards, surf schools, swimmers in the surf zone, plus tons of kooks on Costco boards.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:51 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,037,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
And junior lifeguards, surf schools, swimmers in the surf zone, plus tons of kooks on Costco boards.
Easy to avoid! just gotta go in the early morning/evening and work for it a little more. Ain't nobody at Black's at 6pm on a Tuesday or 8am on a Sunday. and it's *plenty* warm enough to swim at any hour right now. Heck, even in front of the Marine room where I've been snorkeling a lot lately it clears out by dinnertime.

Old 08-03-2018, 06:50 AM

1,082 posts, read 834,598 times
Quote:
This is my nightmare....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
You mean you don't like those Costco boards? So much soul goes into them though.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:03 AM

Look on the news, it's barely light and the number of SUPs at the shores makes it look like a downhill obstacle course.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:11 AM

1,082 posts, read 834,598 times
Quote:
Look on the news, it's barely light and the number of SUPs at the shores makes it look like a downhill obstacle course.
I won't even surf near a sweeper. I had my foot and ankle broken so bad two years ago form one of those KOOKS running me over....and no, I don't paddle through the impact zone. I even moved down from my home break to the next wave over because they took over and fights were happening every day almost. It wasn't a "locals only" mentality either. It was a safety issue and they just do not care. I'll take lesser quality waves just to avoid them anymore. It just isn't worth it. It would be one thing if they had some etiquette, but they never do. Sorry, rant over.

Last edited by BBslider001; 08-03-2018 at 08:19 AM..

Old 08-03-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I won't even surf near a sweeper. I had my foot and ankle broken so bad two years ago form one of those KOOKS running me over....and no,I don't paddle through the impact zone. I even moved down from my home break to the next wave over because they took over and fights were happening every day almost. It wasn't a "locals only" mentality either. It was a safety issue and they just do not care. I'll take lesser quality waves just to avoid them anymore. It just isn't worth it. It would be one thing if they had some etiquette, but they never do. Sorry, rant over.
That's why I quit surfing local break for the most part. I waited this kook out that pushed me off my board on a nice left and was seriously gonna go at it but he took a wave in down the beach to avoid me. So I'm sitting there drinking a cold one thinking, "Why the hell am I so p*ssed? Why am I doing this?" I was done.

I surf to relax not to have everyone rile me up. I just started back up a few years ago and like you, will go out of my way to find a quiet break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego