Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 10:25 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times

Advertisements

Italian hermit living alone on an island says self-isolation is the ultimate journey

Quote:
Morandi has a few tips for people now forced into solitude in Italy and elsewhere by the pandemic. He says a few weeks holed up inside is nothing to get upset about but is instead an opportunity to practice some soul searching.
He speaks, he says, from experience. Despite having an entire island to himself, even Mediterranean winters can be tough and he spends many months in confinement.
"I spend each winter shut in my house, for months on end I hardly wander across the island, but instead I kill time on the front porch under the canopy. So what the heck, people can't stay at home for two weeks? That's absurd."

... I understood that the most beautiful, dangerous, adventurous and gratifying journeys of all is the one inside yourself, whether you're sitting in the living room or under a canopy here in Budelli. That's why staying at home and doing nothing can be really hard for many."
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/i...it-coronavirus

Old 03-25-2020, 11:21 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,579,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Let's see how the travel industry is affected by all of this. For a city that needs tourism as a major industry, I don't get the sense that people are going to immediately feel like they can/want to jump into an airplane and visit America's finest city.
TripAdvisor has a forum specializing in answering questions from people vacationing in San Diego. That forum is usually very active. Hardly any postings these days.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:03 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,776,492 times
[mod note] This is the San Diego forum. Please limit discussion of coronavirus and COVID-19 as it concerns San Diego County specificly. Leave the national partisan politics for other threads and fora. And, stop bickering and/or "personal attacks". [/mod note]

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 03-26-2020, 05:27 PM

987 posts, read 780,595 times
Coronado Hotel Del for its first time in history closes due to high vacancy caused by Corona Virus:

https://www.10news.com/news/local-ne...id-coronavirus

Old 03-29-2020, 09:05 PM

Bill Evans, the owner of the Catamaran… states, “We are taking serious measures of cleaning our rooms and maintain social distancing. Our employees are following the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. “You are just 3 miles from SeaWorld San Diego, 12 miles from the world-famous San Diego Zoo, and 28 miles from LEGOLAND California.”

These local attractions are now CLOSED indefinitely so this hotel should close also

SAN DIEGO (****) – Many hotels in San Diego and around the country are closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, the Evans families three hotels in San Diego will remain open to visitors and residents. UCSD’s medical staff have stated that they find the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa to be the perfect place to reside during this difficult time.

The Catamaran Resort is scenic, with views of Mission Bay in their backyard. The Polynesian-themed resort brings in visitors and residents year-round. For 70 years, the doors of the Catamaran Resort have never closed and despite the pandemic, they will continue to remain open and the resort will continue to serve the San Diego community.

Bill Evans, the owner of the Catamaran… states, “We are taking serious measures of cleaning our rooms and maintain social distancing. Our employees are following the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. “You are just 3 miles from SeaWorld San Diego, 12 miles from the world-famous San Diego Zoo, and 28 miles from LEGOLAND California.”

Old 03-29-2020, 10:16 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,606 times
CNN has a list of how many citizens per 100 thousand have tested positive per state. While California is 6th in overall number of cases, they are much lower per 100 thousand. California comes in at 12 per 100K. Nevada is 30, Utah 22, Idaho 17, and Wyoming (with 0 deaths) at 15 per 100K.

Hopefully that is a comment about the measures that the state has taken. It could be much, much worse.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
CNN has a list of how many citizens per 100 thousand have tested positive per state. While California is 6th in overall number of cases, they are much lower per 100 thousand. California comes in at 12 per 100K. Nevada is 30, Utah 22, Idaho 17, and Wyoming (with 0 deaths) at 15 per 100K.

Hopefully that is a comment about the measures that the state has taken. It could be much, much worse.
INDIA is being beaten with sticks blah blah

SHELTER IN PLACE, PLANT A SHELTER IN PLACE GARDEN

Old 03-30-2020, 12:16 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,558,468 times
OK I was in Home Depot this weekend and people are still not adhering to 6' of space, kids in the store running around, old people in the store. $500 Lawn Mowers, people buying Paint, Patio Furniture all Non Essential items
I could not get out of there fast enough.
I honestly think that Retail workers are going to be the hardest hit in all of this because, people can't help themselves.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:23 PM

6,508 posts, read 7,545,217 times
^^ Exactly, the places where we are least likely to get it (open air beach, trails, parks) are closed but the filthy enclosed stores where people are flocking for "essentials" are still open. Patio Furniture and lawn mowers are not "essential." Makes no sense.

Has anyone else stopped eating out altogether?
I am going on a month this Wednesday of no eating out, and I eat out quite often.
I know we want to support local restaurants with "curbside pickup," but I just don't feel safe having other people prep my food right now.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:44 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
^^ Exactly, the places where we are least likely to get it (open air beach, trails, parks) are closed but the filthy enclosed stores where people are flocking for "essentials" are still open. Patio Furniture and lawn mowers are not "essential." Makes no sense.

Has anyone else stopped eating out altogether?
I am going on a month this Wednesday of no eating out, and I eat out quite often.
I know we want to support local restaurants with "curbside pickup," but I just don't feel safe having other people prep my food right now.
I’m not fanatical about the whole business ... but in all fairness, the parks, beaches, trails, and their parking lots being closed is to discourage people from going out and about in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego