Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 10:39 PM

6,897 posts, read 8,948,483 times

Advertisements

If its yellow let it mellow

and also don't eat yellow snow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 08:57 PM

10,342 posts, read 6,891,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
I be curious how much is domestic water use in residences and I don't include HOA neighborhoods with their massive amounts of water hungry landscaping or construction sites either home or condo that pours thousands of gallons a minute for dust control purposes.

Surprised they even think of sweating the microsopic stuff when everything else is giant. I Just receive a red letter from our local water district on mandatory water restrictions within SD County which I loathe to open. I originally thought with the desalination plant and the situation in SD county this day won't come.
Residential use is....

wait for it...

3%.

Old 06-20-2022, 01:52 AM

3,351 posts, read 2,320,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Residential use is....

wait for it...

3%.
One hypocrisy is the massive requirements don't know if its de jure or defacto for water hungry landscaping on residential lots which I rather which its a more practical surface instead like those in front of some Arizona houses. Not that they use much water compared to others on the chart but I rather have more practical storage and parking at a residential lot either single or multi family. Commercial lots seem to have much more parking and storage space with the same amount of acres.

I kind of curious where TJ gets its water I always used to think they got the same water from San Diego County. But it appears they have to pump their own from Hoover Dam/Colorado River and that had been difficult.

If TJ had full access to San Diego's water gird given that its mostly urban water use would San Diego's water supply still be abundant. As TJ and Rosarito Beach is all urban water use.

I heard rumors there was a large joint project to build a desalination plant in Baja that serves both Baja and SoCal but that plan for some reason didn't work out. Can anyoneshed some light if this was indeed the case?

Old 06-20-2022, 06:54 AM

6,897 posts, read 8,948,483 times
Will the CO river water depletion ultimately impact SD in the coming near years?

Old 06-20-2022, 07:34 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,145,317 times
It should be mentioned that agriculture and residential water often have different sources. Residential water is usually lower in mineral salts. There are a lot of studies in ag to find and develop crops that are more tolerant to this lower quality water. So, agriculture isn’t the bad guy necessarily. They are trying to adapt so that we still have good food.

Old 07-03-2022, 12:14 AM

134 posts, read 91,547 times
Bill Maher has an idea for a drought problem link to video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAsExSNfNXQ&t=4s Bill Maher is right. I am not an engineer, but it is possible to make a water pipeline from the Mississippi Delta through southern Texas to the Southwest distribution point near Lake Mead and the Colorado River and divide the water into Southern California, southern Nevada, and Arizona.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:22 PM

3,088 posts, read 1,757,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzmk View Post
Bill Maher has an idea for a drought problem link to video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAsExSNfNXQ&t=4s Bill Maher is right. I am not an engineer, but it is possible to make a water pipeline from the Mississippi Delta through southern Texas to the Southwest distribution point near Lake Mead and the Colorado River and divide the water into Southern California, southern Nevada, and Arizona.
Great clip. He makes some great points, thanks.

Old 07-06-2022, 06:30 PM

5,959 posts, read 2,777,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I have to finish filling the new pool this weekend so I'll do my part.
I'm going to start triple flushing in place of the standard Courtesy 2 Flush method! LOL

Old 07-06-2022, 09:50 PM

50,429 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
I'm going to start triple flushing in place of the standard Courtesy 2 Flush method! LOL
I had a split hose on the pump today. Quite the river going down the side of the house. My water bill will be North of a grand lol Oh well. Gotta have a pool.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:55 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,466,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I had a split hose on the pump today. Quite the river going down the side of the house. My water bill will be North of a grand lol Oh well. Gotta have a pool.
Did you put in an Olympic sized swimming pool? It shouldn’t cost more than a couple/few hundred to fill most backyard pools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego