Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:29 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,433,153 times

Advertisements

What do they say? and Why did you bring up that?

Old 01-24-2007, 01:07 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,169,902 times
Well, you being from Utah, a Mormon-dominated state .... since you shared stereotypes of Californians, I thought I'd point out that people who aren't Mormons sometimes have similar negative stereotypes about LDS. Probably even more that they tend to control politics and justice in any area where there is a high percentage of them, of course control it in their favor.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 AM

Well alot of the time they areright about there politics. At least they are'nt crazy like some people around here. When the president came a few months ago Salt Lake City mayor Rocky Anderson led protests all through the streets about how evil he is. Mayor's should be hosting the presidentwhen he visits there town and put opinion's aside and be nice no matter how much he isruining things in our country.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:26 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,170,377 times
Being from AZ I can tell you the biggest reason why other states don't care for Californian's is because they come to other places and buy up property and raise the market. I can understand that our RE is cheap for people in CA, and I would do it in a heartbeat too!

With all the people moving in, our cities and towns become overcrowded and congested. Our smallish, nice place becomes one of the biggest cities in the country. And I know that is what happened to CA, it just sucks that it has to be a domino effect.

But I never hear anybody say the reason they don't like CA people is because of being liberal and the other reasons that have been stated above.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:32 PM

Yes they are very libreal.
Two most lbreal ridden cities in the nation:
1. Boston Massachusetts.2. San Francisco California.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM

4 posts, read 16,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonewithCali View Post
Thanks for your thoughts. We are actually the most non-Californians out here it seems. We are Republican, we aren't wealthy AT ALL, not flashy, and my husband is a blue-collar NRA type guy. We are conservative. Still, I want a place with good schools for my kids. I believe a good education is key to opening doors of choices when one grows up.....We are leaving Cali because of the liberalism, overcrowding, poors schools, etc........
Unbelievable, do we not bleed the same damn color? I am chosing to leave this place for exactly the same reason as Donewithcali. Kill them all with kindness, they either learn to love you or just continue to hate you. Even the people who were born and raised here dont like each other. it will be that way where ever you go.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:18 PM

144 posts, read 935,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Yes they are very libreal.
Two most lbreal ridden cities in the nation:
1. Boston Massachusetts.2. San Francisco California.
Yet a different kind of liberal. I've found that most people who say they are a liberal in New England are usually stuck up, pompus and inside of that "liberal" shell, not very "liberal" at all. John Kerry comes to mind. But that's been my experience.

A California liberal can be the same way, but usually acts like there isn't a stick stuck up their ass and they are very different from a New England liberal.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:41 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,486,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZBOY15 View Post
Yet a different kind of liberal. I've found that most people who say they are a liberal in New England are usually stuck up, pompus and inside of that "liberal" shell, not very "liberal" at all. John Kerry comes to mind. But that's been my experience.

A California liberal can be the same way, but usually acts like there isn't a stick stuck up their ass and they are very different from a New England liberal.
Have you spent much time in New England, Benzboy?

Old 01-24-2007, 10:43 PM

Two most libreal ridden cities in America.:
1. San Francisco,California.
2. Boston,Massachusetts.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:47 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,923,539 times
I think it's more of an attitude by ex-CA that pisses people off. I have been guilty of bragging on the weather and the property values. I am trying to be more sensitive to local feelings. There may be a little envy also. Most ex-CA ppl move into a neighborhood and pay cash or huge downpayment. Imagine how'd you feel if you're working your butt off to make your mortgage every month and someone moves in next door and says to you how cheap and affordable the homes are, compared to CA. I have to remember that I was lucky that CA property values went up so fast, not like I accomplished anything.
We used to live in Lake Havasu and we didn't like tourists, mostly from CA, who came in town, were rude and crude and sometimes nude , and trashed everything. Funny, cause I moved to Havasu from SoCal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego