Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 11:19 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
great pictures! What kind of camera do you use?
Thanks! I have a Nikon D90, with several different lenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 07:25 PM

28 posts, read 117,677 times
Great pictures, MAK802! Thanks

Old 07-25-2010, 07:44 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Cool This isn't Disneyland ! wrong turn pic.

At Lake Morena one fine day. I added a hard to read caption at the top of the image.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TEzjEe4Ho2I/AAAAAAAACQE/iqsG1p5nxZ8/s512/old%20pics%20117.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-29-2010, 03:45 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,826,881 times
Oh my, irrespective of the pixs of the Zombie thingy, I am loving this thread and all the great photos. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, joined the Navy and have lived all over the world before retiring. I had an opportunity to live in San Diego area (Rancho Penasquitos (sp?)) for a short period of time and now looking at these photos, I've forgotten just how beautiful SD is. My husband and I had planned to move from Hawaii (my current residence - he's in Iraq assisting with the closing/transferring of the U.S. bases) to Raleigh, NC just for the cost of living element. But I am so wanting to change that plan so that we can move back to Cali, in particular SD. We will need to re-work our budget, since we were not planning on full-time work, but living on our military retirements; but I'm willing to continue working just for the lifestyle of SD. Please keep up all the great work with the pictures, and commentaries. Mahalo to all!!

Old 08-03-2010, 06:56 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,558 times
Any more recent pics of San Diego?

Old 08-05-2010, 04:32 PM

97 posts, read 238,589 times
Wow!!!! I'm speechless, and jealous. That's tight. I can't say nothing against that. Good Job though.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:47 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post

Beautiful wildflowers just off the freeway
Those wildflowers are actually wild mustard (as in the stuff you put on your sandwich) which is an invasive non-native species. The story says that supposedly the Spanish first introduced mustard to California and they'd spread the seeds along roads and trails between the various missions and towns to help mark the path but they now grow every where and out compete most of the local grasses and shrubs which native species depend upon for survival. Cattle ranchers also don't like it because cattle prefer not to eat it.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:03 PM

62 posts, read 175,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Who doesn't love Bread & Cie in Hillcrest?
Okay. I have been practically crying reading this thread. I moved to SD after college to attend grad school at UCSD. I lived in grad student housing on La Jolla Shores Drive (there was a pic of it earlier in this thread...sigh). I have been reading through the posts and looking at the pics, remembering all the different neighborhoods and areas of the city that I loved to explore. Of special importance are the pics of OB, where my husband and I first lived. Oh, Newport street--such fun.

But it wasn't until this pic that I felt compelled to post. I met my husband at Bread and Cie--11 years ago. I was a front counter manager and he was a bread baker. Yes, he baked that delicious bread that everyone in the area loves.

Anyway, I've so loved seeing these pics. Thank you everyone who has contributed. San Diego is such a special place...It's been nice to relive my time there.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 PM

52 posts, read 208,905 times

Oceanside Lifeguard Tower 9 - Oceanside Blvd and Pacific St

Oceanside Lifeguard Tower 7 - Wisconsin St and The Strand

Old 08-11-2010, 06:23 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Ruin View Post
But it wasn't until this pic that I felt compelled to post. I met my husband at Bread and Cie--11 years ago. I was a front counter manager and he was a bread baker. Yes, he baked that delicious bread that everyone in the area loves.

Anyway, I've so loved seeing these pics. Thank you everyone who has contributed. San Diego is such a special place...It's been nice to relive my time there.
Glad this thread made you smile

You'll be glad to know that Bread and Cie is still as popular as ever! The outdoor patio in front is still a great place to people watch. Same goes for The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf next door. On the other side, Chef's Wok closed recently, and people are wondering what's going to move in next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego