Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 AM

3,722 posts, read 14,726,986 times

Advertisements

Just what we need - more fast-food joints
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 12:04 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
the hype about chikawhatever is just that. First had in Atlanta back in 1995. wasn't impressed then not impressed now. Really people with the food choices you have in norcal. Watch Check Please on PBS sometime.
Sheesh and from the Bay Area no less

What I really want to see is a great chicken and waffles chain to move in like I experienced in the Peach state. Right now I have to drive all the way to Auntie Aprils in SF to get decent soul food.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:06 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
I can't wait for a Chick-Fil-A to finally open here, I used to go to them down in San Diego all the time. Walnut Creek is currently reviewing plans to build a Chick-Fil-A right next to a new 24-Hour fitness:

Walnut Creek - Current Projects

Although I wish they would just convert the old Krispy Kreme in the Willows Shopping Center in Concord to a Chick-Fil-A like they did to a KK in SD rather than having to wait for one to be built. Cannot wait to get my #1 with extra crispy waffle fries and an arnold palmer! Or some nuggets with spicy buffalo sauce!

Also they are planning to open up a Henry's Marketplace in WC and expand that around the Bay Area too. It's a natural/organic food store like Trader Joe's except with a much better meat and produce selection. It's pretty cheap too and I think will be a great fit for the Bay Area.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:09 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Damn, some of you need to lighten up. In-n-Out is a chain too but you don't hear many Bay Area people complaining about that. And no one is forcing you to eat it and patronize the place. Chick-Fil-A is the INO of chicken sandwiches imo, customer service is like INO too; they're friendly and speak English unlike most other fast food joints.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:11 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Thanks for the lunch idea everyone, I have one right down the street .

Also don't forget they are closed on Sundays!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:48 PM

99 posts, read 193,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
the hype about chikawhatever is just that. First had in Atlanta back in 1995. wasn't impressed then not impressed now. Really people with the food choices you have in norcal. Watch Check Please on PBS sometime.
Sheesh and from the Bay Area no less
get off your high horse. the pseudo-elitism is tiring on this board. they need a show already about some of you guys. living in a region of 7 million+ people, i am aware there are many restaurant offerings in the area. simply proclaiming that a chain has decent fast food does not discount that.

on a side note, in n' out is criminally overrated and their fries taste like the god awful dried shoestring potato stix that come in a can.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:33 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,994,026 times
We also need a Yoshinoya in SF! *hunger pangs*

Old 02-23-2011, 03:59 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,555,297 times
I've been to Chick-fil-A in the past, I don't think they are all that special, though the cow commercials I like. Some people really like fast food, as a lunch option, I know many coworkers talking about Five Guys when they opened up, but I'm not too thrilled about them either. I do like In-n-Out, Jack in the Box, and Carl's Jr., but other places McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, Subway, Quiznos I will go to on occasion, but I'm not going to go and sing their praises.

Them being closed on Sundays is rather strange, but I guess they are probably relying on the work lunch crowd.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:55 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGulf View Post
get off your high horse. the pseudo-elitism is tiring on this board. they need a show already about some of you guys. living in a region of 7 million+ people, i am aware there are many restaurant offerings in the area. simply proclaiming that a chain has decent fast food does not discount that.

on a side note, in n' out is criminally overrated and their fries taste like the god awful dried shoestring potato stix that come in a can.
PUHLEASE! I was having some fun.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:30 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times
Good to hear. They're in San Diego so now when I'm in the bay area I have that option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland