Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Many years ago, I didn't find them so much better than the nuggets to justify the price premium. Considering the nuggets are real chicken pieces, I see no need to have the strips. That was 10 years ago, who knows, they could be better now. Since Chickfila is such a rare treat for me, I usually just get nuggets.
Then please lemme tell ya.....the 'chicken strips' are the juciest, tenderest, mouth watering item that they produce. And only $ 3.00 for three of 'em....that's here in Tuscaloosa.

Just try 'em!

And I am gonna try the nuggets...never have ordered them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 01:17 PM

983 posts, read 2,541,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The Krispy Kreme in Union City is still going strong, which one are you talking about?
The one they opened in Pleasant Hill, right of 680

Old 07-19-2012, 03:36 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
So I drove by the new Chick-Fil-A site in Walnut Creek on North Main recently and it's coming along quite well, the building shell is up. I read that they are scheduled to open Septemeber 20th! So just two months away. Also saw one in SJ is going to open soon too.

Also saw Sprouts (Henry's Marketplace) has the sign on their new store right by the WC Bev-Mo, so that should be opening any day now. This place is pretty good, a little better than Trader Joe's as they have a much better meat, seafood, deli, and produce sections.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Woohoo! Now I'll be doing all of my shopping in Walnut Creek. On Saturdays so I can get some chickfila.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:48 PM

179 posts, read 411,933 times
Oh great! Thats all we need in the bay area! Another fast food chain! To clog up our artery's! And a right wing christen run one at that.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:19 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyoung123 View Post
Oh great! Thats all we need in the bay area! Another fast food chain! To clog up our artery's! And a right wing christen run one at that.
Well it's located in the parking lot of the new 24-Hour Fitness if you feel guilty and want to some of it off. Not calling it healthy but Men's Health did rate it the Healthiest Fast Food out there.

Despite the company President view's, stores are franchises and individually owned and operated. In-N-Out has bible verses references on their cups and burger wraps and is Christian owned, doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 PM

308 posts, read 467,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
In-N-Out has bible verses references on their cups and burger wraps and is Christian owned, doesn't seem to bother anyone.
It bothers me, and others that I know. I avoid In-N-Out as I will avoid Chick-fil-a too. For me, even though I really like their food, I can't support the ownership when they are against my best interests. If they were neutral, I could live with that. But pasting ridiculous religious verses on their packaging and making public statements against certain groups of people that have no ability to change who they are isnt being neutral and is too much for me.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,533,672 times
Looks like a bad move....I bet they will be boycotted in our gay-friendly state with their stance.

President of 'Christian-based' chain takes public position against same-sex marriage.

Chick-fil-A surprises some with gay marriage talk - SFGate

Old 07-19-2012, 08:00 PM

179 posts, read 411,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbnsf View Post
It bothers me, and others that I know. I avoid In-N-Out as I will avoid Chick-fil-a too. For me, even though I really like their food, I can't support the ownership when they are against my best interests. If they were neutral, I could live with that. But pasting ridiculous religious verses on their packaging and making public statements against certain groups of people that have no ability to change who they are isnt being neutral and is too much for me.
Another one to watch out for. Is Cracker Barrow old time country stores. They have a record dating back to the 1990s. Through they claim to have corrected there bad behavior.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:23 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,392,581 times
I'd be all over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland