Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:27 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,164,063 times

Advertisements

No need to use 'hood speak', I've got soul flowing through me and know what you mean.

I agree, Oakand should focus their efforts on the warriors. A team thankful to be in Oakland, that helps Oakland, whom Oakland helps. The raiders are just a freak show and I feel bad that Oakland has grabbed their ankles repeatedly for them. Al Davis plays Oakland.

And I do know the whole city believe me. But you don't need to know the whole city to know the stadium is located in one of the crummiest parts of town. Its not hard to figure out.

If the gangsters that ran the city council a while back had the forethought to build the A's stadium in uptown, we would not be having this conversation. And don't even get me started on Ron 'do nothin' dellums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 10:19 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,609,068 times
LOL, threads like these keep on reminding me of why I started the Baltimore vs. Oakland thread in the city vs. city forum.

A few thread titles from the Baltimore forum:

Where can I live in baltimore where I won't get shot in the face?

Baltimore...not so good first impression...

Just HOW bad/scary is Mondawmin Mall and the surrounding area????

Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,693 times
The idiots and racists are out in full force I see.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:37 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
The idiots and racists are out in full force I see.
I'm not really seeing either of these things in this thread.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:14 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'm not really seeing either of these things in this thread.
Its was only a matter of time before someone played the race card for the (non-existant) "racism" in this thread. Talk bad about a dysfunctional city and its "racism".

LMAO.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Its was only a matter of time before someone played the race card for the (non-existant) "racism" in this thread. Talk bad about a dysfunctional city and its "racism".

LMAO.
That's how you know someone lacks a valid argument. Suddenly everyone is racist, stupid, hates the city in question or is completely biased towards the city they live in. If I was an Oakland resident it would definitely be awful for a team like the A's to leave but it honestly would make perfect financial sense for them to move south. The city of Oakland has not been overly accommodating and the current venue is pretty crappy, particularly when you're trying to attract outsiders to buy tickets in your stadium. The fact that the Giants are able to sell more seats while playing a worst season than the A's is a telling sign that the A's are losing revenue that they could otherwise be pocketing in a different location.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:37 PM

Yeah because calling random people crack heads, thugs, gangbangers etc based on how you think they look is not racist. You know nothing about those people, just because you're scared of their appearance because you're used to seeing yuppies in gap sweaters like yourselves shows you're fu*king idiots. It's always some typical clueless outsider that never finds what they say offensive or racist.

"Hey i'm not racist some of my best friends are black" yeah ok. Racism is more than hanging a person from a tree.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:42 PM

Why do you assume that every crack head, thug and gang banger has to be black? Why does a person who you simply assume is white is then assumed to be talking about black people? I think the racist is standing right there in your mirror. The race card is an often abused tool to push a point without actually having to prove it. Since you seem so interested in race I'll also mention that outside of family I don't hang out with other white people.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:50 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
Yeah because calling random people crack heads, thugs, gangbangers etc based on how you think they look is not racist.
You don't have to know them. Typically if you dress and act a certain way its all you need to know. Its not like he's talking about black college professors standing around scalping tickets. He's talking about a certain segment of society and the fact is, he's right whether you think its "racist" or not doesn't change facts.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Why do you assume that every crack head, thug and gang banger has to be black? Why does a person who you simply assume is white is then assumed to be talking about black people? I think the racist is standing right there in your mirror. The race card is an often abused tool to push a point without actually having to prove it. Since you seem so interested in race I'll also mention that outside of family I don't hang out with other white people.
Don't even try it, we are talking about East Oakland not Moraga, the implication is that these are Black people, being that East Oakland especially the area around the coliseum is the Black Community.

There is no "Race Card" if a person feels violated who are you to say what's valid or not. You don't share the experience of a person of color so there is nothing you can try to tell me about how I or anybody non white should feel about treatment in this country.

As for you not hanging around other white people. Good for you, you think that makes you special? You another one of those Pseudo Liberals that acts like he's some special down with the cause yuppie but really has no clue about anything. Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland