Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 04:42 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post

Thanks for asking for the update. Here is a picture of the house. And if this whole deal falls apart, I will have another hysterics thread. I will be asking for advice about which is the best bridge to throw myself off of. I hope I am not jinxing the transaction discussing and revealing it before it is a done deal.
Hehehe - I always used to admonish my hubby about the "Law of Silence" on such matters so as not to "jinx" anything!

Good luck to you, I believe from all of your previous posts you could not pick a better location!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 08:59 PM

213 posts, read 575,689 times
From the nightmare house, to a brand new one! Awesome!

Old 07-24-2013, 11:16 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,103,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Southside is a wonderful neighborhood; that house is just down the road from me.
I will see you at Morton's then, but not for a while. We will be leasing it back to the builder for at least a year. But we will come and blow kisses to our house in the interim.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Hehehe - I always used to admonish my hubby about the "Law of Silence" on such matters so as not to "jinx" anything!

Good luck to you, I believe from all of your previous posts you could not pick a better location!
We are in town currently and have a bit more time than the last visit. This time I had hubby drive me through Whitfield Estates and show me the Austin House. I started to cry after seeing it and the neighborhood. I thought it was so cool. I would have been happy there, but hubby would not because the airport would have bothered him (not me).

The yards are so spacious and I love the way you can see the bay between peoples homes. I consoled myself by thinking about how much I love the idea of being able to walk to Mortons and the nearby restaurants. But I wanted to tell you I can understand why you love your neighborhood.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:51 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,436 times
My brother is under contract to purchase a home on the bay side of Whitfield Estates (but not on the water). What a fabulous neighborhood!

Old 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
We are in town currently and have a bit more time than the last visit. This time I had hubby drive me through Whitfield Estates and show me the Austin House. I started to cry after seeing it and the neighborhood. I thought it was so cool. I would have been happy there, but hubby would not because the airport would have bothered him (not me).

The yards are so spacious and I love the way you can see the bay between peoples homes. I consoled myself by thinking about how much I love the idea of being able to walk to Mortons and the nearby restaurants. But I wanted to tell you I can understand why you love your neighborhood.
Oh, I am glad you got to see it and see what I love about it! Our home is old and modest, but I still get to see the beautiful water every day! And the neighbors here are wonderful. I love how it's right off 41, plenty of businesses nearby and equally distant between downtown Sarasota and Bradenton (easy drive to beaches, too!)

I am sure you will love your new home in Southside village - one of the most desirable spots in town!

Coastal chic - he is going to LOVE Whitfield Estates! So many benefits to living here.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal chic View Post
My brother is under contract to purchase a home on the bay side of Whitfield Estates (but not on the water). What a fabulous neighborhood!
On the first shopping trip, Hubby came by himself with my list of places to look at in Whitfield Estates. I was trying to imagine which one it might be since I have studied every available house there very carefully. Is it this one?

7211 Westmoreland Dr, Sarasota, FL 34243 - Zillow

Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,436 times
Nope, not that one! Lol. Much lower budget....

Old 07-26-2013, 11:05 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,653,984 times
Quote:
On the first shopping trip, Hubby came by himself with my list of places to look at in Whitfield Estates. I was trying to imagine which one it might be since I have studied every available house there very carefully. Is it this one?

7211 Westmoreland Dr, Sarasota, FL 34243 - Zillow
Nice home though.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:55 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
My idea of a dream house--unfortunately it is not located next to our daughter, SIL, and grandson so we had to buy something else...since as we know...location trumps everything...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area