Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 05:26 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,743 times

Advertisements

Sigh, it was a record high of 81 here in Houston today - cloudy and muggy. Even with all the craziness happening up there, I'd still take it over this. It's like a cruel joke after the stupidly hot 2011 we had. Three more months, three more months...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 05:49 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman78 View Post
Sigh, it was a record high of 81 here in Houston today - cloudy and muggy. Even with all the craziness happening up there, I'd still take it over this. It's like a cruel joke after the stupidly hot 2011 we had. Three more months, three more months...
When I lived in TN, we'd occasionally have a 70 degree day in the winter and I'd be that cranky person it's best to avoid.

Today in Bellingham it was much warmer, and raining, so it's quite a mess outside. I'll take it over 81 in a heartbeat, though.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:22 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Yesterday, I drove on the ice and it was OK. Today, now that we've seen some melting, I got stuck in my driveway. I'm ready for it to go away.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:59 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone
I leave a large towel over the windshield when I park the car in the evening. Remove the towel in the morning and I have a clean windshield. It was handy this morning when the rest of the car was coated in ICE. Don't have to waste time scraping ice or waiting for the heater to do its job. Just get in and go. Also a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol in the washer fluid can help clear the windshield of ice in no time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhunting View Post
That's a GREAT idea, only I live close to a busy street and have to park there. Something tells me it would swiped (kids are always messing around the cars on my street) But I'll give it a shot.......
If you can find a Dollar Store, you can buy a big stack of them to use as disposables. There are also wipes and sprays available at hardware or department stores that will repel rain and snow, and each application of many wipes per package can last for a week or so, judging by my experience when my wiper motor died. Kept things visible even in moderate rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Yesterday, I drove on the ice and it was OK. Today, now that we've seen some melting, I got stuck in my driveway. I'm ready for it to go away.
I think your storm system might have moved to here in Northern California. Good lord I'm glad not to have to go out in that - but it's looking to last at least 3 more days here in the land of sunshine and bikini'd babes. Mostly rain and high winds, snow's not sticking yet, but that's supposed to change tomorrow with 3-5".

Last edited by Woof; 01-20-2012 at 11:11 PM..

Old 01-21-2012, 12:17 AM

579 posts, read 1,210,158 times
Quote:
Quote:
When I lived in TN, we'd occasionally have a 70 degree day in the winter and I'd be that cranky person it's best to avoid.

Today in Bellingham it was much warmer, and raining, so it's quite a mess outside. I'll take it over 81 in a heartbeat, though.
Hey, I used to live in Las Vegas, so I hear you, it's depressing when your weather is unseasonable, I think more so if it's really hot during the fall or winter, it just doesn't feel like the holidays.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:05 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,562,259 times
LOL I could kill for an 81f day right about now.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:17 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
LOL I could kill for an 81f day right about now.
Come right on down to Houston then!
February is the only month we get any real cold, and i'm starting to think that may not happen this year...

Old 01-23-2012, 01:52 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Looks like Atlanta is getting Seattle's weather. It has done nothing but rain over the last few days. I saw the sun one time, for one minute, before it went back to rain.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:10 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Looks like Atlanta is getting Seattle's weather. It has done nothing but rain over the last few days. I saw the sun one time, for one minute, before it went back to rain.
It is an absolutely stunning day here, 120 miles southeast of Seattle. Hopefully it is working its way north to you guys.

We have had an awful amount of rain here, too - I've felt at times like I was going to slide right down off this mountainside. Our rivers haven't been too much of a worry, thankfully; it appears Oregon got the worst of the flooding, with some deaths - like that young mother and her baby who were swept away in a car.

So, I'm enjoying today immensely - apparently heavy rains return tomorrow but it looks like there is some sun at the end of the tunnel by Thursday or Friday.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:55 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
It is an absolutely stunning day here, 120 miles southeast of Seattle. Hopefully it is working its way north to you guys.

We have had an awful amount of rain here, too - I've felt at times like I was going to slide right down off this mountainside. Our rivers haven't been too much of a worry, thankfully; it appears Oregon got the worst of the flooding, with some deaths - like that young mother and her baby who were swept away in a car.

So, I'm enjoying today immensely - apparently heavy rains return tomorrow but it looks like there is some sun at the end of the tunnel by Thursday or Friday.
I know the feeling about the flooding. I remember this morning I thought to myself "repeat of September 2009". That time, parts of metro Atlanta got flooded. Personally, I'm not going to worry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area