Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 04:08 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhichWayDoIGo View Post
These women considered themselves feminist and a one even admitted to resenting men. The others didn't, but clearly resented men.

I'm well aware of what feminism is supposed to be about...

...but do you think there aren't feminist who resent, or in some cases, outright hate men?
Dude, it doesn't impact my life, so I don't care. I don't run into the kind of hostility from women that you seem to, or the generalized resentment towards men. Maybe you're doing something wrong, if you keep running into that. I go for the smart, sweet types. Trust me, there's no shortage of sweet women out there who are into men, and who consider themselves feminists. Hell, I'd be suspicious of a woman who said she wasn't a feminist! Who volunteers to be discriminated against, ya know what I mean?

Old 11-17-2014, 10:24 PM

603 posts, read 877,775 times
I'm not sure about the accuracy of some things the OP said, but I kind of agree with him regarding the women. A lot of women who live in Seattle proper are the hipster/feminist type. The suburbs are different. I find the women in the Eastside, for example, to be classier and more lady-like.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who cares about the few who hate men? Why would a fringe element color your opinion of an entire gender? The fact is that most women are feminists, whether they identify as such, or not, because most women want equal pay to men in the same or comparable jobs, most women want good jobs and unlimited career options (per their skills/ability), and most want safety and respect. I don't see how the fact that a tiny minority of women hates men is relevant to anything. If you keep running into women who are hostile toward men, take a look at why you're making choices that are incompatible to you.
Most people, both male and female, agree with what's in bold. But that is not what "feminism" today is about. It comes off a lot more as male-hating and just being illogical in general. Eminem recently said one line about Lana Del Ray in a 7 minute freestyle rap and a bunch of feminists have started lashing out. They ignore the number of men he talks trash about as well. One of the engineers for that recent comet exploration thing in the news wore a shirt with women in bikinis and the feminists began calling for his head, saying that he was misogynistic and what not. The dude had to give a tearful apology for it. He was just wearing a shirt that he was gifted and was not meaning any harm. And don't get me started on this "war on women" thing. That is what modern "feminism" is about.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
It sounds to me that what you want is not commitment, but submission. Try hanging out at churches, not bars, where you're more likely to find girls who want to marry young, unless, of course, you don't really want to settle down, but just want a submissive girl who won't tie you down.

Have you thought of looking for a female slave on one of the S&M sites? I'm serious...
So according to you, women who go to church are submissive? And it's clear that you're using that in a negative connotation.

I'm not even Christian but you are showing your true colors.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:51 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown1 View Post
I'm not sure about the accuracy of some things the OP said, but I kind of agree with him regarding the women. A lot of women who live in Seattle proper are the hipster/feminist type. The suburbs are different. I find the women in the Eastside, for example, to be classier and more lady-like.
There are a lot of women in Seattle who aren't the hipster type, too. (What's 'the feminist type'? There's a type?) The women who study or work at the UW aren't the hipster type. The women who work downtown in the law offices, brokerages, accounting firms, etc. aren't the hipster type. The majority of Seattle women aren't the hipster type, so why are people fixating on hipsters?

Old 11-18-2014, 01:02 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown1 View Post
So according to you, women who go to church are submissive? And it's clear that you're using that in a negative connotation.

I'm not even Christian but you are showing your true colors.
Abrhamic religious women (Jewish, Christian, Muslim) by nature are taught to be more submissive and accept a male-headed household. Well, we can extend that to old Asiatic religions, such as Hinduism and certain sects of Buddhism, Taoists/Confucians as well. Unless your head has been stuck in the mud for a long time, you would know that religious communities like these have more traditional households with a male head and a woman who accepts the leadership of the husband.

I am not saying right or wrong, just sharing with you.. Indeed, if you want a more traditional, old-fashioned and submissive type of woman, then a religious community, like a traditional synagogue, church or mosque would be your only real hope there.

Of course, these days people re-invent religions to their own likings and there are plenty of new age/modern type of churches with gender equality and even submissive men..

I am referring to more traditional type of religious communities.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:04 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are a lot of women in Seattle who aren't the hipster type, too. (What's 'the feminist type'? There's a type?) The women who study or work at the UW aren't the hipster type. The women who work downtown in the law offices, brokerages, accounting firms, etc. aren't the hipster type. The majority of Seattle women aren't the hipster type, so why are people fixating on hipsters?
I like submissive hipster women.. Nothing sexier than a woman with mismatched clothes, half/dyed hair and big glasses who will make me a fresh cup of pour-over coffee at a moment's notice

Old 11-18-2014, 01:13 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Abrhamic religious women (Jewish, Christian, Muslim) by nature are taught to be more submissive and accept a male-headed household.
Not the Christianity I was raised with. Maybe the fundamentalist sects are like that, but the Protestant denominations don't teach that. Jesus didn't teach that. You'd do best to speak only for your own religion.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:39 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times
I moved in Seattle in 2002 and I had wonderful time dating women.....has been great.
I married a fantastic girl with a fabulous career...disclaimer, I'm not tall, blond and blue eyed...actually somewhat short and with an accent (not being born in North America).

To the OP...if you think Seattle is hard for dating women, try London, Italy, Paris or, very close to home, the dating wasteland of Vancouver BC.

Actually what I noticed in Seattle was professional women with great careers but not afraid to be women.....femininity without the frivolity....a great combination, head on shoulders and straight talking....not afraid to have baking or cooking among their hobbies for example......

In Italy, where I originally come from, women are still decades behind from a behavior point of view (of course I'm using a wide brush).

Old 11-18-2014, 10:58 AM

660 posts, read 1,006,880 times
Default Agreed!

Perfectly stated NewbiePoster! This is what so many, especially men, don't get. I'm a man and I get it -- though some might say it's because I'm gay or something (I don't believe that is the case); I think it's simply because I'm educated on these subjects and open minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Feminism isn't about resenting men. Feminism is about having the freedom to be intelligent and ambitious. It's about having the freedom to pursue one's dreams. Something you pretty much take for granted. That's all it is. Why are women labeled "feminist" for wanting to pursue their dreams, but men aren't labeled "mannist" for assuming they're free to do the same? And Blacks aren't labeled "Blackist" for wanting the same? It's normal to have life goals and to want to realize them. Normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area