Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 02:27 AM

5,408 posts, read 3,603,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post

As for origin, I'm more German than Scot. In any case, where my ancestors came from is hardly relevant today. I don't know that any of them were fans of the ****ing English even back then. The aristocracy never did my family any favors, and I don't expect they will start now.
what did we English do to tick you off Larry.
no need for the bad language even if we did, but I guess that's the way people express themselves these days mores the pity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 11:02 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,691,252 times
The language is just a translation of sassenach. If you don't understand that insult, you are not a Scot. We got to kill a few of them in the Revolution. Then the transplanted aristocracy pulled the Slaver Rebellion and returned the favor. The self-styled aristocrat southern traitors killed two of my great-grandfather's brothers. Fortunately, my grandfather was too old to get sucked into WWI, with Victoria fighting against her grandson Wilhelm. The whole war was a family spat between aristocrats. Now America is getting infested by capitalist aristocrats. We could save a lot of lives and make the world a better place if we just killed them all now.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:38 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,666 times
Bond market will continue to go down as interest rates increase. Bonds are not the place to be longer term. Stocks will do well overall compared to bonds. Yes, there will be moves down like in December, but big money has to park their money somewhere. And they aren't keeping it in bonds with increasing interest rates, or under their mattresses......

Old 02-14-2019, 09:32 AM

1,086 posts, read 1,276,136 times
Never thought I would pray for an entire country:

https://www.economist.com/the-americ...f-american-aid

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/venezuela-...144210903.html

Old 02-14-2019, 05:04 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
Pray for ours, while you are at it. The Demoncrats are trying to make us just like Venezuela, and most of the public doesn't really get it: they see a gaggle of politicians clustered around the third base line, and thing the ones that are on the right side of the field line must be in right field.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:31 AM

10,561 posts, read 7,763,547 times
A conversation started 10 yrs ago.

It probably has set a CD record for the amount of misinformation and unrealized speculation in a thread.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:23 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
A conversation started 10 yrs ago.

It probably has set a CD record for the amount of misinformation and unrealized speculation in a thread.
The attack on our country began longer ago than that.
In addition to a lot of misinformation, there is a lot of good info here too.
You have to have some knowledge of what is really happening,
to sort it all out.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:14 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,607,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
The attack on our country began longer ago than that.
In addition to a lot of misinformation, there is a lot of good info here too.
You have to have some knowledge of what is really happening,
to sort it all out.
Finding reputable sources eliminates the need to sort gold from garbage. This thread is useful, however, in that it illustrates how far from reality so many are. The OP was discredited years ago when his prediction turned out to be incorrect.

This country is further from a collapse than it has ever been in its history. There are always problems, but look at the economy. That's what matters. Even if one of the worst of the worst Democrats should defeat President Trump in 2020, the economy is so strong that inertia will provide several more years of prosperity. It's unlikely that this country would fare worse than South Africa has—and South Africa has easily managed the most onerous parts of its debt. Forty plus years ago when interest rates were high, but the South African economy was strong, Harry Schultz recommended their 6% bonds denominated in Swiss francs. Needless to say, we lapped up those offerings. Some may also remember French bonds denominated in gold francs or the French bonds whose return largely depended on the price and quantity of electrical power sold. Today our exotica is almost all electronic, but stacks (or sacks ) of Double Eagles still satisfy.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:26 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
I disagree. The country has been collapsing since 1933, when the State of Emergency was declared and constitutional government was ended.
Only the degree of collapse is arguable.
We have hyper inflation. Those folks I knew in 1970s who saved a nest egg of $20,000 and thought themselves "set for life," would not last two years. Thank you, CONgress for debauching the money.
As to taxes, aggregate tax is between 39% and 42% (local, state, federal). Whereas in 1910, the federal tax was 0.08% of the GNP. (The peasants under Pharaoh only had to pay 1 part in 5 (20%) in taxes.)

Thanks to ever growing debt (and debt service) taxes MUST go up.
And then there is CONgress borrowing MORE than it pays in debt service - doing what Bernie Madoff was convicted of doing in the private sector.
Pursuant to 12 USC Sec. 411, to authorize more FRNs, CONgress has to have deficits.

Sure, there are folks who got ahead of the tsunami wave, via usury, speculation and other money tricks, but the 'joke' is on them. Remember, dollar bills are worthless IOUs, not fiat, and are underwritten by 320 million human resources via FICA. When (not if) FICA collapses, all those FRNS go to zilch, lacking sufficient collateral. Then billionaires become zero-aires overnight. All recipients will be screaming for their entitlements. All pensions will be gone. Won't be pretty.

Coining all the gold stored in Ft. Knox only amounts to $9 per capita. Things are going to be real tough, once the smoke clears.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:13 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I disagree. The country has been collapsing since 1933, when the State of Emergency was declared and constitutional government was ended.
Only the degree of collapse is arguable.
We have hyper inflation. Those folks I knew in 1970s who saved a nest egg of $20,000 and thought themselves "set for life," would not last two years. Thank you, CONgress for debauching the money.
As to taxes, aggregate tax is between 39% and 42% (local, state, federal). Whereas in 1910, the federal tax was 0.08% of the GNP. (The peasants under Pharaoh only had to pay 1 part in 5 (20%) in taxes.)

Thanks to ever growing debt (and debt service) taxes MUST go up.
And then there is CONgress borrowing MORE than it pays in debt service - doing what Bernie Madoff was convicted of doing in the private sector.
Pursuant to 12 USC Sec. 411, to authorize more FRNs, CONgress has to have deficits.

Sure, there are folks who got ahead of the tsunami wave, via usury, speculation and other money tricks, but the 'joke' is on them. Remember, dollar bills are worthless IOUs, not fiat, and are underwritten by 320 million human resources via FICA. When (not if) FICA collapses, all those FRNS go to zilch, lacking sufficient collateral. Then billionaires become zero-aires overnight. All recipients will be screaming for their entitlements. All pensions will be gone. Won't be pretty.

Coining all the gold stored in Ft. Knox only amounts to $9 per capita. Things are going to be real tough, once the smoke clears.
Have you watched the video where Ft Knox gold was weighed on a US postal scale? Weighed exactly the same as lead - about 20% less than gold IIRC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness