Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 07:12 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
I do wish we could go back to some of the packaging of the old days -less plastic and more usable/recyclable packaging like glass and tins. Remember those Sucrets tins? They were so handy, everyone loved them. And everyone's garage had metal coffee cans and glass baby food bottles full of stuff workshop stuff.
You can still get those online.

Amazon.com_ Sucrets Classic Sore Throat Lozenges, Wild Cherry, 18 Count_ Health & Personal Care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 08:30 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Max Factor 1000 calorie mascara. Loved it

Old 07-23-2018, 08:49 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,939 times
when I was little i loved lemon pepsi. Now they dont have it anymore. I miss it.

my grandma used to talk about a shampoo called your hair smells terrific. she even had a bottle that she kept bc she liked the smell so much! It's an old shampoo that they dont make anymore.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:52 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,939 times
Oh, and they got rid of diet coke with lime. I LOVED IT. Now all they have is diet coke with lime and ginger which is nasty. ugh.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:07 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
The perso he was respond to wanted truffles the poster found them and posted where.
I'm the person who he was responding to. I stated that I miss being able to get Lindt peanut butter truffles and I also stated that the reason I can't get them anymore is because they stopped making them.

My post in this thread was post number 85. - "I always loved Lindt peanut butter truffles. For some reason they discontinued them."

Disgustedman posted a link to Amazon about them. If you clicked on and looked at the Amazon link he posted you would have seen that Amazon says:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

The reason they don't have them available is because they are no longer being made, as I stated in my post about them. So, no - he didn't find a place to buy them. There is no place where you can buy them, because they no longer make them.

There are other places you can find online where it looks as if they are sold - Kroger, Walmart and a few others besides Amazon. None of these places actually have them for sale. They no longer exist. Such a shame, but I know for a fact that they are impossible to obtain. I've tried!

And to Disgustedman - I do really appreciate that you tried to help me, but Amazon doesn't and won't have them, ever.

I loved these so much and just hate that I can no longer get them anywhere.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:09 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
There was also a wonderful dandruff shampoo I used to use (not Head and Shoulders). One wash would eliminate dandruff for weeks. The shampoo made my head tingle. I can't remember the name of it, but it was banned many years ago. It contained salicylic acid. That's what loosened the dead skin on the scalp and washed it away.

Does anyone remember the name. Seems to me it started with a "D".

Last edited by Javacoffee; 07-23-2018 at 10:22 AM..

Old 07-23-2018, 09:10 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
When someone mentioned Brach's it reminded me of the cinnamon disks and the ice blue mint candies. I do see them on the oldtimecandy site but I am wondering if they would truly be the same. The disks say Brach's but the ice candies don't, and they look different. Might be worth a try, though.

I loved Nabisco Bacon Thins and was SO sad when they disappeared. They were fabulous with cream cheese.

Sara Lee (I'm pretty sure) had a caramel nut roll that was rectangular in shape and after you baked it you turned it upside down onto the plate, but I don't recall it being called "upside down cake". I think it was sort of divided into squares that you could then cut through. I was thinking pecans (walnut?)--whatever, it was SO good. I've tried SL's pecan coffee cake but it doesn't come close to the caramel richness. Last I remember having those was probably 70s and *maybe* early 80s.

I can think of several go-to products which are still around but have been "improved" , are gone altogether, or the varieties I liked best have been discontinued.

The cinnamon disks are still around...

Old 07-23-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I have been to the Vermont Country Store a couple of times. It`s a pretty neat place. I think ordering from them is legit, good products
Yes, ordered from them many times but overpriced....

Old 07-23-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Brach's Neapolitan Sundaes..The choclate, Strawberry and coconut mix was heaven...Gone in 2012....
Ck VermontCountryStore.com

Old 07-23-2018, 09:21 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I loved these so much and just hate that I can no longer get them anywhere.
Not exactly the same as truffles, and since I don't care for peanut butter I can't specifically vouch for these. But in general, See's Candies are excellent and perhaps these would be a reasonable replacement.

https://www.sees.com/chocolate/singl...ie/200712.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products