Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 11:44 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,187,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Gasoline cans without "safety" valves. I've spilled more fuel on the ground with most of these than I ever spilled with older cans.
My husband says the same exact thing. These new safety gas cans are garbage, and spill out more gasoline than the old ones ever did.

Back in the day they used to make Vanilla hand-pies, not just chocolate, and all the fruit ones. They were my husband's favorite and they are gone forever.

I have some Loreal lipstick in a very pretty color that they have discontinued.

I miss the Bell Beefer with cheese that they used to sell at Taco Bell back when I was a kid.

Claim Jumper frozen cheese bread. Yum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 11:48 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,945,993 times
Campbell's Pepper Pot Soup

Butter Brickle candy bars

Pillsbury Space Food Sticks

Old 07-22-2018, 12:28 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,462,026 times
Frozen Shrimp Bisque. Very fresh-tasting. My mother used to combine it with sour cream and it made a fabulous sauce over a head of cauliflower.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:29 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,424,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Trying to recall the name of a candy I miss, I located a store that sells classic candy:

https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/...tegory/candies

Has anyone here ordered from them?
I am reading the thread backwards; from most recent so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is also https://www.economycandy.com/shop/ Economy Candy on the lower east side in NYC. They also do online, but if you are ever in NYC it's a must go to.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:11 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Fantastik Clean and Shine! It made your appliances gorgeous.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:25 AM

2,622 posts, read 3,151,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=1QIILU86LJC5X

I ran across these one day while looking for something else and made a mental note.....just in case I ever need to buy one of the new style gas cans.

Luckily, the three old style gas cans I have now are still in good shape and I am very careful with them......I treat them like they are made of fine china. LOL.
Haha, yes. Hang on to them and keep them under lock and key.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:31 AM

2,622 posts, read 3,151,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
My grandpa still uses one of these. Not related to sewing, as the link implies, but as part of his general tool set.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_ca...rka.Singer.jpg
I think I have a similar oil can from my dad. That type used to be very common. Not sure if they still sell them. My mother had a small squeeze can of Singer oil for her sewing machine. The little square type can similar to a 3 in 1 Oil can.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:28 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,673,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I'm confused. Why this link?

Old 07-22-2018, 07:35 AM

236 posts, read 195,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I've been thinking about products that I used to buy a lot, but can't find anymore, but sure wish I could. So I thought I'd start a thread for it.

Here is my big one. Plastic strip, patch, and spot Band-Aids. My mother used to always buy them when I was a kid, and I used them through most of my adult life. These Band-Aids were perfect. They were plastic, waterproof, every size and shape you could need, they stayed on better than any other bandages, they felt good, and they were cheap. They were a perfect set of bandages. They even threw in a tin storage box for them. You couldn't ask for more. But no more. Now you have to choose between fabric, sheer, clear, or designer Band-Aids, all of which are junk, and good luck finding any shape other than a strip. Why can't they just make good old fashioned basic, plastic strip, patch, and spot Band-Aids sets in a tin box anymore?

Does anybody else have products they really miss?
Not really products but types of womens clothing. Oh my goodness, every since the free trade agreement happened and they cut out the pattern cutters union in the United States, the clothing made overseas has become terrible. Poor fit, inconsistent sizes and bad quality fabric! If you've ever wondered why clothing from the 90's and before, fit soooo much better, thats why. The people who cut the patterns were skilled and it was standardized. So now much of my clothing comes from sleuthing the thrift stores where I can get really nice denim jackets and jeans that fit and last. It is time consuming. Target just discontinued their line of jeans also (called mossimo) which fit great. And dont get me started on bras and undies.......

Old 07-22-2018, 07:47 AM

10,020 posts, read 8,644,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraction View Post
Pudding in a can.

Carnation breakfast bars. I think it was Carnation that made them.

Wintermint candies. They were round and pink.

Thanks for the memories!
Are you talking about the ones that had XXX stamped on them ? Those were my favorites.

Bell Burgers from Taco Bell
Bubs Daddy chewing gum
Bacon flavored crackers, not the kind they have now where they have other flavors mixed with them.
Do they still make Goop hand cleaner ? I haven't seen it in years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products