Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,990,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some1Azn View Post
Well Wambach finally got a goal, to bad USA lost though. Now they play Brazil...
I feel it was Amy LePeilbet's fault they lost, but she's just too cute to be blamed for anything.
Sweden looked good today, the U.S., not so much. They better get it together before Brazil. I think all these quarter final games should be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 PM

247 posts, read 266,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
Sweden looked good today, the U.S., not so much. They better get it together before Brazil. I think all these quarter final games should be interesting.
I'm just worried about them facing Brazil. The US had soo many missed opportunities. I think at least 2-3 shots grazed the net or the pole. I'm not saying Sweden got lucky cause they were good on D. United States needs to get it together.

Last edited by Some1Azn; 07-06-2011 at 10:49 PM..

Old 07-09-2011, 06:19 AM

325 posts, read 787,701 times
The secret is to stop comparing it with men's games and players and enjoy it on its own merits. If you are going to compare it to the men, then you are not going to enjoy it and might as well stop watching.

In the big picture, I also feel it is important to grow the women's game because the more women who have played the game as girls, the more women are going to be fans and spectators when they are growing up and as adults. The more people who play the game growing up, the more who will understand it as adults.

Some big quarterfinal games today and tomorrow. England-France should be interesting, I see Germany taking care of Japan, Sweden will probably knock off Australia and - as an American - I have a really bad feeling about the Brazil game. I think this may be the year that the Americans finally get knocked off the top tier of women's soccer. I'm hoping I'm wrong, however.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:57 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
I'm just worried about them facing Brazil. The US had soo many missed opportunities. I think at least 2-3 shots grazed the net or the pole. I'm not saying Sweden got lucky cause they were good on D. United States needs to get it together.
Not to worry

What a GREAT, GREAT Game!

Old 07-10-2011, 01:09 PM

Dramatic finish for the US.

Seriously, who's writing the book to their story???

Old 07-10-2011, 02:47 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Dramatic finish for the US.

Seriously, who's writing the book to their story???
If we didn't see it a book would probably be placed in the fiction section.

Quite a team, they decided they'd refuse to lose and made good on it.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If we didn't see it a book would probably be placed in the fiction section.

Quite a team, they decided they'd refuse to lose and made good on it.
Amen to that.
One minute away from being eliminated from the tournament, and your star player ties the game. Then they win on PKs.

But it's not over yet.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:04 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Someone needs to have that Aussie referee stuffed and roasted.

She sux.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:43 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Someone needs to have that Aussie referee stuffed and roasted.

She sux.
Completely agree!! Regardless of her bad officiating, what a great game it was! Poetic justice at the end by the US winning.... One of the best games I've watched in a long time.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:36 PM

YouTube - ‪Megan Rapinoe to Abby Wambach goal in 122' | USA vs. Brazil | 2011 Women's World Cup‬‏

Less than two minutes away from elimination, United States gets the ball, their entire squad charges down field for one last play knowing they have to try anything to score...

LOVE IT!!!

YouTube - ‪Frauen WM 2011 - Brasilien vs USA - Peinliche Showeinlage von Erika‬‏

I find it shocking that this Brazilian player was carried off on a stretcher, A STRETCHER, then jumps off to come back onto the field. What do you guys think???

Ah and sorry that it's in German, can't find an English version on YouTube yet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer