Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 02:54 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,464 times

Advertisements

Just watched Iceland hold an overrated Portugal to a draw!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 04:53 PM

749 posts, read 856,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Just watched Iceland hold an overrated Portugal to a draw!

Why overrated? Iceland qualified ahead of Holland, they proved themselves to deserve to be in this tournament. Portugal should have done better that's a given, but truth to be said Iceland scored on their only opportunity while Portugal missed many chances to take the victory. The ball is round, on one game anything can happen. Most games have been pretty tight at this Euro, all the teams are close to each other.

Last edited by seixal; 06-14-2016 at 05:15 PM..

Old 06-15-2016, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
Why overrated? Iceland qualified ahead of Holland, they proved themselves to deserve to be in this tournament. Portugal should have done better that's a given, but truth to be said Iceland scored on their only opportunity while Portugal missed many chances to take the victory. The ball is round, on one game anything can happen. Most games have been pretty tight at this Euro, all the teams are close to each other.
You just proved my point. Portugal with about half a dozen world class players missed many chances, while Iceland had only one opportunity and scored.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:31 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
It was a few days ago but Ireland's 2-1 win over Sweden was impressive.

Irish soccer fans should shell out the $100 to get the current jersey which looks like it was designed by a leprechaun... in a good way.

And Seamus Coleman's piercing dribble and gentle lob over the defense while on the move may be the prettiest play we'll see in the whole tournament. It led to Hoolihan's winning goal.

I'm not even Irish but want to give credit where it is due.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:53 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Ireland drew 1-1 with Sweden.

Im not really a huge fan of the new jersey. I thought we did good to keep Ibra out of the game for the best part. Hoolahan is a footballing genius for Ireland. He should have been in the squad during his Shelbourne days, made his debut way too late. Such a waste of talent.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:15 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Ireland drew 1-1 with Sweden.

Im not really a huge fan of the new jersey. I thought we did good to keep Ibra out of the game for the best part. Hoolahan is a footballing genius for Ireland. He should have been in the squad during his Shelbourne days, made his debut way too late. Such a waste of talent.
Oh dear that was a draw sorry... too many matches to follow lately. Maybe I thought John O'Shea's early miss went in.

Hoolahan is a nice player but may not be physically gifted enough to excel in the top leagues. Seamus Coleman is, one of the best Right backs in the league, even Juventus are sniffing around him.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:49 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
You just proved my point. Portugal with about half a dozen world class players missed many chances, while Iceland had only one opportunity and scored.
>half a dozen world class players

What

Old 06-15-2016, 03:31 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Oh dear that was a draw sorry... too many matches to follow lately. Maybe I thought John O'Shea's early miss went in.

Hoolahan is a nice player but may not be physically gifted enough to excel in the top leagues. Seamus Coleman is, one of the best Right backs in the league, even Juventus are sniffing around him.
Hoolahan did great in the BPL. Hes not the best player in the league by any stretch but he was the best Irish player by a long shot that was constantly overlooked.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:30 PM

749 posts, read 856,406 times
Quote:
I see where this is heading to and have no interest in going there, so I will just politely ignore that "call to action".

Old 06-15-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
I see where this is heading to and have no interest in going there, so I will just politely ignore that "call to action".
No call to action. Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer