Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:11 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass08 View Post
Ah...I remember you, you're the guy obsessed with "city size". But didn't you guys just say it isn't an "urban area" without a prominent downtown footprint? Since when did Simpsonville or Mauldin have a downtown?

But I tried finding the "Mauldin-Simpsonville Urban Area" and did not. I did see Mauldin's population was listed as 15,000....or about the size of Moncks Corner. And S'villes was est at 17,000. Thats 32,000. Or smaller than Summerville, which isn't included in Charleston's "Urban Area". So maybe a link to your info would help.

Til then....yeah, my area is the best and biggest Oh, and you guys up there, well, you're welcome for all the Lowcountry has done, and is doing, for you!!!
America's Urban Population

If your going to start debates, then at least know where the info is. Again, Charleston is the best to you. It's called subjectivity. I prefer something more modern. Summerville is in the Charleston-N. Charleston ua. It doesn't have it's own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 PM

315 posts, read 623,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
America's Urban Population

If your going to start debates, then at least know where the info is. Again, Charleston is the best to you. It's called subjectivity. I prefer something more modern. Summerville is in the Charleston-N. Charleston ua. It doesn't have it's own.
And according to your link, the Chas/NChas/Sville Metro Area is STILL larger than the Gville/Mauldin/Simpsonville/Etc Metro Area.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
And according to your link, the Chas/NChas/Sville Metro Area is STILL larger than the Gville/Mauldin/Simpsonville/Etc Metro Area.
Never said they were. You want a prize? Lol. Feel like I'm arguing with a kid. No offense. This is childish. Next I guess it's csa's right?

Old 02-02-2012, 08:47 PM

And your link says the "Urban Areas" are:

#1 Charleston/NChas - 473,381
#2 Columbia- 454,125
#3 Greenville - 327,476/ Mauldin/Sville- 101,434 (total of about 429,000, still almost 50,000 smaller than Charleston Urban Area)

And for population density, which is the best indicator of how "urban" a place feels, its: Charleston, 2,051.6, the most dense urban area in the state, and the only city that was over 2,000 in population density.

So what was your point again?

Old 02-02-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Never said they were. You want a prize? Lol. Feel like I'm arguing with a kid. No offense. This is childish. Next I guess it's csa's right?
Really? Because I find the same about you. I mostly debate you for the humor, I've never seen someone so worried about city size, I found it fun months ago and still do You're an easy bait.

And no, CSA's wont be, because Columbia and Charleston (last I checked) were never assigned a CSA because the Census doesnt give a CSA to a population area considered to revolve around a central core, but only for more spread out population areas, like the upstate is.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 PM

I am curious, however, as to why Mauldin/Sville was given an Urban Area designation when it's inside Greenville County and so close to Gville city.

And why Orangeburg and Georgetown were not included, nor was Moncks Corner/Goose Creek. Goose Creek's population is over 35,000, while both Mauldin and Simpsonville combined are less than 35,000, yet one is treated as a seperate area.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:04 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,810 times
13 years old? Or am I going in the wrong direction?

EVERYONE knows that areas would still develop. This is NOT an "all or nothing" scenario. Understand that, please! So, telling me who owned Sullivans Island and the North Point has nothing to do with Mount Pleasant being a suburb of Charleston today.

North Charleston did not land Boeing on its own. I guarantee you that Mayor Riley had a hand in meeting with the execs, showing them his BEAUTIFUL city, and ensuring him that the workforce and infrastructure was in place.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Really? Because I find the same about you. I mostly debate you for the humor, I've never seen someone so worried about city size, I found it fun months ago and still do You're an easy bait.

And no, CSA's wont be, because Columbia and Charleston (last I checked) were never assigned a CSA because the Census doesnt give a CSA to a population area considered to revolve around a central core, but only for more spread out population areas, like the upstate is.
Kid please. You show your immaturity in every post, lol. Your ego is funny to watch, it's amusing. You truly are full of it. I heard Mt. Pleasant is a great place to live though and is highly recommended.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
13 years old? Or am I going in the wrong direction?

EVERYONE knows that areas would still develop. This is NOT an "all or nothing" scenario. Understand that, please! So, telling me who owned Sullivans Island and the North Point has nothing to do with Mount Pleasant being a suburb of Charleston today.

North Charleston did not land Boeing on its own. I guarantee you that Mayor Riley had a hand in meeting with the execs, showing them his BEAUTIFUL city, and ensuring him that the workforce and infrastructure was in place.
Well, since I live here and it was one of the biggest stories in years here, the Post and Courrier documented it quite well. And 99% of the work was done by North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey, then-Governor Mark Sanford, and some help from the Charleston Int'l Airport and Charleston Air Force Base.

You....do....know....that Charleston/North Charleston, and Mayor Riley/Mayor Summey have a very well known rivalry and rarely help each other out??? You know that, right? Are you aware of the past conflicts between the mayors, police chiefs and councils of each city??? You do know...that Mayor Riley is currently supporting the state railway that is gonna run right through N Char's Park Circle gem....while N Char is currently filing a lawsuit to stop it? They aren't buddies, anyone from around here knows that.

But your original point was implying North Charleston and Mount Pleasant would be nothing without Charleston, while Anderson and Spartanburg would have been fine without Gville since they are stand alone cities. History says otherwise.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Kid please. You show your immaturity in every post, lol. Your ego is funny to watch, it's amusing. You truly are full of it. I heard Mt. Pleasant is a great place to live though and is highly recommended.
Oh awesome. The fact that you have that perspective of this...makes it that much more fun for me! But it's ok, I'll stop picking on lil ole Greenville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina