Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 07:20 AM

11 posts, read 46,555 times

Advertisements

After reading these posts for several weeks, I am convinced that there are no longer any natives in South Carolina, or North Carolina. It appears to me that they have all been driven out by yankees. And all the yankees can do nothing but moan and complain about everything that is lacking in the Carolinas. I think that all you yankees should just GO BACK UP NORTH and leave us in peace.

Old 11-12-2006, 07:47 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBsunny View Post
After reading these posts for several weeks, I am convinced that there are no longer any natives in South Carolina, or North Carolina. It appears to me that they have all been driven out by yankees. And all the yankees can do nothing but moan and complain about everything that is lacking in the Carolinas. I think that all you yankees should just GO BACK UP NORTH and leave us in peace.
Interesting...this coming from someone looking to relocate to the Carolina's from FL?

Old 11-12-2006, 08:07 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,779,523 times
Why do you want to separate people all living together in one great big country? That's the best thing about this country is freedom. I'm moving to SC from NJ in January and If there's anything I would complain about it would be people with your attitude. No matter where you live people complain, trust me it's not just there. Why not be positive and just point out the good things about your state? The people I've met so far in SC are welcoming and really nice.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:09 AM

41 posts, read 84,857 times
Default To, too, and two

to JBsunny: Your title, "to many yankees" is not correct. You should have written "too many yankees".

Last edited by Liz in North Augusta; 11-12-2006 at 08:18 AM..

Old 11-12-2006, 08:09 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,988,607 times
Quote:
We are Yankee Borg. We will assimilate you. Resistance is futile.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:42 AM

35 posts, read 173,624 times
Default Go Home!

You should ALL just GO BACK TO YOUR ANCESTRAL COUNTRIES and leave us in peace.

Terrie
Ganienka (Mohawk)
Haudenosaunee (Iroquois)

Old 11-12-2006, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Honestly, I agree that the malcontent yankees need to be quiet or leave. I'm a CT yankee and I love SC. I like North Augusta so much that I decided to become a realtor here because it's easy to sell something that you really enjoy and believe in. I believe that north and south both have wonderful qualities and it would be terrific to blend those qualities while eliminating the stereotyes that bring all of us down. That ends my sermon for this sunny Sunday morning.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:20 AM

65 posts, read 258,262 times
I think the cultural diversity betwwen north and south is wonderful. It brings culture and tradition together.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1116 View Post
I think the cultural diversity betwwen north and south is wonderful. It brings culture and tradition together.
Beautifully stated. Thank you.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:30 AM

11 posts, read 46,555 times
Default TOO many yankees

Actually the word "too" means "also" so which is correct? Depends on where you come from.

I am Apache and Cherokee and yes, I do wish that they would all go back home and leave us in peace. We have been overrun by rude, inconsiderate yankees forever here in florida and I was hoping that moving back up by my family in the Carolinas it would be different, but I guess they are "everywhere, they're everywhere" and I do believe that they take thier rudeness with them wherever they go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina