Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 09:39 PM

10,021 posts, read 8,644,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Baseball is often used in Europe as a cure for insomnia. The boredom is so intense few can withstand a few moments without falling asleep.

Football is mainly a TV show designed to maximize product consumption.
Baseball is boring for a lot of folks here too but not quite as boring as soccer. I remember in school when our gym teacher had us play soccer and the minute he left to coach the guys running track we would turn the game of soccer into a rugby or kill the man with the ball kind of game. It was a lot more fun when tackling was added. The coach would always ask us in the locker room " How'd you guys get so bloody? "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 08:11 PM

66 posts, read 74,484 times
Because baseball is boring and football is two hours of commercials and 11 minutes of action.

Can't say I disagree.

Underrated sports? Hockey. Opposite of boring and an hour of constant action if you're taking out stoppages and commercials (three 20 minute periods is 60 minutes)

Old 09-04-2015, 08:46 AM

150 posts, read 165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetUser2015 View Post
Because baseball is boring and football is two hours of commercials and 11 minutes of action.

Can't say I disagree.

Underrated sports? Hockey. Opposite of boring and an hour of constant action if you're taking out stoppages and commercials (three 20 minute periods is 60 minutes)
I'm a big fan of football(soccer) and American football. I enjoy hockey a lot too. The only thing NHL should change in my opinion are the intervals between each periods, they're long as hell.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:13 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,791,422 times
Baseball is big in Japan, the Caribbean, northern Mexico, and Venezuela right out the top of my head. Pretty sure there are more.

Unlike baseball I cannot name other countries in regards to American Football. Northern Mexico, Canada?

Old 09-06-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
Baseball is big in Japan, the Caribbean, northern Mexico, and Venezuela right out the top of my head. Pretty sure there are more.

Unlike baseball I cannot name other countries in regards to American Football. Northern Mexico, Canada?
I'm Brazilian and I enjoy American football. I'd say very popular among teenagers and young adults here. Check this too: Popularity of the NFL in Latin America

Old 09-07-2015, 12:49 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Geez, so why the hell are they trying so hard to lay the groundwork for a London franchise?

Old 09-07-2015, 03:52 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,998,032 times
All part of the Anglosphere. America's live in a monolingual universe - too much trouble to operate away from the Anglophone world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Geez, so why the hell are they trying so hard to lay the groundwork for a London franchise?

Old 09-07-2015, 03:59 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
All part of the Anglosphere. America's live in a monolingual universe - too much trouble to operate away from the Anglophone world.
The MLB operates in at least 5 different languages.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The MLB operates in at least 5 different languages.
That's not what he meant, I guess. All MLB, NBA and NFL franchises are in the US or English-speaking Canada, that's what he meant with operating only in English. NHL operates in two (English and French)

Old 09-10-2015, 04:40 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelven View Post
I'm Brazilian and I enjoy American football. I'd say very popular among teenagers and young adults here. Check this too: Popularity of the NFL in Latin America
Brazil produces many great athletes, its only a matter of time before Brazilians start appearing in the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports