Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 01:45 PM

93,392 posts, read 124,009,048 times

Advertisements

I hope that this comes out looking very nice once it is finished: Green Lakes to get $5.2 million in repairs this year | syracuse.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 02:04 PM

Oil City Makeover

Old 04-22-2014, 08:52 PM

Seems like they've at least set a date: Barrow’s View, Skaneateles, NY | Cameron Group LLC

and: How Costco’s First Upstate New York Store Landed In The Syracuse Area | Cameron Group LLC

Old 04-23-2014, 11:23 AM

Here's an interview with Joanie Mahoney that I've been meaning to post earlier: Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney discusses nano hub - Time Warner Cable News

Old 04-23-2014, 04:52 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,990 times
Luxury apartments planned for vacant landmark on western edge of downtown Syracuse

A group of local investors plans to purchase an empty warehouse at 538 Erie Boulevard West and convert the crumbling building into 33 units of market rate apartments and ground floor retail space. The dilapidated but architecturally appealing warehouse has been the subject of several discussions on this forum over the years. The $5.2 million project is under review by the Syracuse Industrial Development Agency (SIDA). The property is currently owned by a Brooklyn investor who purchased it from notorious Miami slumlord Eli Hadad more than a decade ago. The absentee landlord also owns several tax delinquent properties that he purchased from Hadad on East Jefferson, South Warren, and South Salina streets in downtown Syracuse. One of those properties is 499 S. Warren Street, a mostly vacant gray building with narrow windows.

The local investment group that plans to redevelop the property at 538 Erie Boulevard West includes a downtown lawyer, a contractor that recently converted a detached building on East Water Street into luxury apartments and several partners behind a new rock climbing center proposed for a bowling alley on Erie Boulevard East.

For more information, go to page 160 of today's meeting agenda of the Syracuse Industrial Development Agency:
City of Syracuse

Picture of the building:
C.G. Meaker Food Company Warehouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-23-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
Luxury apartments planned for vacant landmark on western edge of downtown Syracuse

A group of local investors plans to purchase an empty warehouse at 538 Erie Boulevard West and convert the crumbling building into 33 units of market rate apartments and ground floor retail space. The dilapidated but architecturally appealing warehouse has been the subject of several discussions on this forum over the years. The $5.2 million project is under review by the Syracuse Industrial Development Agency (SIDA). The property is currently owned by a Brooklyn investor who purchased it from notorious Miami slumlord Eli Hadad more than a decade ago. The absentee landlord also owns several tax delinquent properties that he purchased from Hadad on East Jefferson, South Warren, and South Salina streets in downtown Syracuse. One of those properties is 499 S. Warren Street, a mostly vacant gray building with narrow windows.

The local investment group that plans to redevelop the property at 538 Erie Boulevard West includes a downtown lawyer, a contractor that recently converted a detached building on East Water Street into luxury apartments and several partners behind a new rock climbing center proposed for a bowling alley on Erie Boulevard East.

For more information, go to page 160 of today's meeting agenda of the Syracuse Industrial Development Agency:
City of Syracuse

Picture of the building:
C.G. Meaker Food Company Warehouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Finally! That is one of the other buildings in that corridor that I've always thought should be converted into apartments. Now, if they could get that big red brick building, you may see some more or serious gentrification in the portion of Park Ave between Downtown and Geddes Street. I know that there were some doubts about this portfolio design for the building, but it is nice to see it come to fruition. Open Atelier Architects :: 538 Erie Blvd

Old 04-24-2014, 06:03 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,620,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Finally! That is one of the other buildings in that corridor that I've always thought should be converted into apartments. Now, if they could get that big red brick building, you may see some more or serious gentrification in the portion of Park Ave between Downtown and Geddes Street. I know that there were some doubts about this portfolio design for the building, but it is nice to see it come to fruition. Open Atelier Architects :: 538 Erie Blvd
I drove by the big red building last month and it looked like someone recently painted it. I would like to see a wall of large windows added to the side of the building facing downtown. The design of the SU warehouse could serve as a good starting point.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
I drove by the big red building last month and it looked like someone recently painted it. I would like to see a wall of large windows added to the side of the building facing downtown. The design of the SU warehouse could serve as a good starting point.
Yes, please! lol

That building could be put to good use and I think it could be revamped, but I wonder if there are limitations that hold it back.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:38 AM

Syracuse Real Food Co-op eyes downtown spin-off, plus expansion in SU neighborhood | syracuse.com

Old 04-26-2014, 06:02 PM

For those that like urban living/planning, but in a smaller city in the area/region: Properties | R&M Real Estate Group
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area