Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 03:21 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,760,403 times

Advertisements

They could be in the military if they only came for a job? That's our situation. 3.5 more years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 03:23 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,760,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Oh no, you will be painted for life now.

Do you mean you moved to Florida and can survive without the ocean or park?

Some people here believe that people only move to Florida for those reasons.

Guess you are one who has proven those nay sayers wrong.
Oh it wasnt by choice that I moved here, I like my seasons! *chuckles*

I live over in brandon, its simply too far of a drive to go to the beach, so i dont bother. Maybe once I have my baby i'll have a reason to go. *shrug* Maybe not.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:03 PM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Heh - I'm a native, have lived near water and beaches my whole life. When I was a young hot thing, I went to the beach every chance I got. These days, I love being near the water for the salty air and wet sand smell, and to eat out or have a glass of wine while I watch the sunset. But a beach-goer I am not. But it's there whenever I want it. As to theme parks, got no interest and never go. Been to Disney twice, Busch gardens a few time, and nowhere else, just don't care. What I love is the natural beauty here, the perfect (for me) weather, riding my bike around, tending my plants in my yard. We have a wealth of nature parks and preserves, and some of the most diverse fauna and flora in the country. And for those who love bowling or putt-putt - we got lots of that, too! Not to mention plenty of golf, boating and fishing.

Oh, and we got lotsa good places to eat, too!

Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,950,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
you know, its funny, i've been living here since late june and I have yet to step one foot on a beach or amusment park.
That is far more common than you may think. In living a normal life just here in Florida instead of INSERT STATE, I've gone for almost a year without going to the beach and well over a year and a half without any theme parks. People don't realize we live a fairly interchangeable life with any northern city save the warmer climate, and lower COL.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:58 PM

427 posts, read 1,093,860 times
Sorry about that. And on top of that I can't even spell hairy properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Hairy armpits? Pretty sure I shave my armpits. I'm pregnant, not dead... unless you assume I'm a man, in which case you'd be wrong.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbillyx View Post
Haha. I guess you get acclimated. I saw the weather report for the Tampa Bay area online with a graphic that said, "COLD" and had to laugh. That's nice that the 50s are unusually cold.
People who don't live in Florida fail to understand.

Farmers lose their crops when the temperatures get too cold. Florida's #1 business is agriculture. #2 is tourism. If people have a lousy time here, they won't come back. Even if you're from Canada, you won't enjoy the beach when it's 50 and the wind is gusting.

If places like Aspen and Vail don't get cold weather & snow, there's no ski season. In FL we need warm weather and sunshine.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Heh - I'm a native, have lived near water and beaches my whole life. When I was a young hot thing, I went to the beach every chance I got. These days, I love being near the water for the salty air and wet sand smell, and to eat out or have a glass of wine while I watch the sunset. But a beach-goer I am not. But it's there whenever I want it. As to theme parks, got no interest and never go. Been to Disney twice, Busch gardens a few time, and nowhere else, just don't care. What I love is the natural beauty here, the perfect (for me) weather, riding my bike around, tending my plants in my yard. We have a wealth of nature parks and preserves, and some of the most diverse fauna and flora in the country. And for those who love bowling or putt-putt - we got lots of that, too! Not to mention plenty of golf, boating and fishing.

Oh, and we got lotsa good places to eat, too!
I don't get your point. Sorry. I never go to theme parks either, but when I vacationed in Florida, they were all on my list of things to do. Maybe I'm not understanding your comment, but why the heck would someone want to work all year and use their 2 week vacation to go bowling? By the way, you can't enjoy a game of golf when it's gusty like this. It's also dangerous to take a sailboat out if it's too windy. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but people don't visit Florida for its gourmet restaurants.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:48 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,206,774 times
Please get back on topic which is about weather in Tampa.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:53 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,206,774 times
I remember when I first moved to Tampa back in the mid 70s everyone told me we didn't need coats just light jackets like hoodies. We came from Panama and had no winter clothes. Then in Dec there was a cold front with lows in the 40s. I had to go buy a heavy coat for my kids.

Personally I would rather have it cool for Christmas.. guess I had too many holidays in 90s

Old 12-08-2010, 05:54 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,241,383 times
I resided in Ozona for about a decade.

It got cold three times... where I had to put away the flip flops and swim trunks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay