Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 04:30 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Well, on second thought, they did open an ALDI in Westchase.
Anyone who's been to that ALDI would see all kinds of ghetto people mobbing that place.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.
I went in the one by me two times, once back around 2012 and a year ago. Just ugly and bummy peeps and the place is dirty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Have you been to that ALDI or you are just broad brushing? That place is as clean as publix and I don't see anyone resembling what you are mentioning. Just a while back you were saying that specific Aldi was fabulous...hmmmmm for that. Go with the flow much?

Back to the so called "uneducated" people that are turning it into ghetto, Westchase and 33626 still have one of the highest statistics of educated people than most zip codes in Tampa Bay area including families with post graduate degree. >98% have graduated from High school. Over 20% of people have master's or PhD. Of course, don't let facts get in the way .
The one by me is not clean jean.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:06 PM

40 posts, read 36,287 times
Also, I noticed a lot of ghetto cars. People driving around with loud engines.
They need to ban them in West Chase Florida.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian813 View Post
Also, I noticed a lot of ghetto cars. People driving around with loud engines.
They need to ban them in West Chase Florida.
I have a loud Vette brette. But it is not cheap. I know them riced out Hondas are pretty sad, i beat them all the time.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:47 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,431,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian813 View Post
What is your point of view on this?
You are an idiot since you need to be validated.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:40 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,090,194 times
Don’t feed the trolls. Lots of negative miss informed people.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:05 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Again, you are talking in general here but above you said something else regarding that specific Aldi. If you really shop in that Aldi as you claim, it is no where near you describe it. I shop there too and I am high income earner and I see many like me. I call them value shoppers. What I save between Aldi and Costco covers a travel to abroad in a year. Half of the cars parked in Aldi are luxury cars, far from those you described above. Not that I care about what people drive but the customers are not what you are describing them to be. Not even close.

Back to the OP, I have seen nothing to suggest that Westchase is becoming ghetto and full of uneducated people as the OP claims. Period. Still a prime area and one of the most sought after to live in Tampa Bay with great schools. Sickle High just ranked top five in the whole Tampa Bay. Both Deer Park and Farnell Middle are top "A" rated schools with many parents very involved with their children education. I know because I am one of them. Hardly an indication a of neighborhood that is becoming ghetto. It is always easy to broad brush an area without any supporting facts.. Get the facts straight.

What I said was: Anyone who's been to that ALDI would see all kinds of ghetto people mobbing that place.
And I stand by that statement. Perhaps your definition of "ghetto people" and my definition of "ghetto people" are different.

The vast majority of U.S. ALDI shoppers are low-income. That is a FACT.
The vast majority of the shoppers at the Westchase ALDI are low-income. That is a FACT.
The vast majority of U.S. ALDI stores are located in areas where low-income people are nearby. That is a FACT.
I have not paid attention to the brand of cars in the parking lot but when I go there today I will.

Last edited by sinatras; 07-03-2019 at 06:24 AM..

Old 07-03-2019, 06:27 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
The Aldi over here in West Brandon has been going through a major remodeling for over a month. I will be happy when they are finished. I could careless what anyone drives to the store or how much money they have in their pockets. As long as I can get what I need that day and Get in and Out fast, I am a happy camper. I have met amazing people from all walks of life. I don't go shopping with the intention to go hang out and chit chat for hours with strangers. Seems that most are doing the same as me. Looking forward to the new luckys to open. You can never have enough places to shop.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:34 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
The Aldi over here in West Brandon has been going through a major remodeling for over a month. I will be happy when they are finished. I could careless what anyone drives to the store or how much money they have in their pockets. As long as I can get what I need that day and Get in and Out fast, I am a happy camper. I have met amazing people from all walks of life. I don't go shopping with the intention to go hang out and chit chat for hours with strangers. Seems that most are doing the same as me. Looking forward to the new luckys to open. You can never have enough places to shop.

ALDI is awesome!!!!!! I don't care if I'm surrounded by ghetto people, rich people, any people. I only care about the quality of the selection at food stores. And ALDI has awesome European foods (at a crazy low price)! So is Lucky's! They just announced they are opening a huge new distribution center. So they are going to keep growing in Florida! We are sooo lucky to have so many food stores!

Old 07-03-2019, 09:48 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
The internet is the greatest source of information and misinformation the world has ever seen. This thread is a good example of the latter. So ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay