Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:09 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,380,268 times

Advertisements

Today, Van Buren county, high of 87 with morning showers then clearing.

Eastport, Maine, high of 75 with clear skies all day, low tonight in the mid 50s.

Naples, Florida mid 90s with rain all day. Hot and muggy. But hey, with the rain, the mosquitoes can't be biting too bad. Of course the puddling rain leaves them places to lay the larvae so it'll be worse next week.

Oh yeh, so glad I moved!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 11:09 AM

15,994 posts, read 20,986,750 times
74F @ 1PM in Bristol, with lots of rain.
About 40 miles north of here temps are in the uppers 60's, fall can't be too far off can it?
(knock on wood)

Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,123,967 times
Right now it is 81 in Knoxville, with the heat index of 87. Last night I sat on the patio and listened to the frogs. I love that! I thought of you, Lamplight, and hoped that you had cooled down. Well, not you, personally, but the weather in your area!

Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,694,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Right now it is 81 in Knoxville, with the heat index of 87. Last night I sat on the patio and listened to the frogs. I love that! I thought of you, Lamplight, and hoped that you had cooled down. Well, not you, personally, but the weather in your area!
It is cooler here today. The heat index is still 96, but that's 10-20 degrees cooler.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:26 PM

8 posts, read 11,659 times
Well...as an ex-tennessean of 13 years...now living in Florida...I can tell you that Florida may be hot and have quite a bit of rain...if you're going to TN, be prepared to FREEZE! And I do mean freeze...winter there can get below freezing temps and even in the negatives! The main reason I left there and came to Florida! lol However, you will have plenty of opportunity to take great pics of the ice trees...but giving credit where it belongs...the fall season is absolutely gorgeous in TN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeOutOfFlorida View Post
For those who are from FL and have moved to TN, how do you rank the weather in TN vs FL?

Does the weather feel about the same? Are there parts of TN with the best weather?

I'm from South Florida, so anybody from this area, I'd love your thoughts.

Today it was 90 with a 70% humidity, I couldn't even go outside--I felt like I was choking.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:05 PM

851 posts, read 2,451,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelAngelRuth View Post
Well...as an ex-tennessean of 13 years...now living in Florida...I can tell you that Florida may be hot and have quite a bit of rain...if you're going to TN, be prepared to FREEZE! And I do mean freeze...winter there can get below freezing temps and even in the negatives! The main reason I left there and came to Florida! lol However, you will have plenty of opportunity to take great pics of the ice trees...but giving credit where it belongs...the fall season is absolutely gorgeous in TN!
Where did you live in TN? And where in FL do you live now? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:37 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,694,125 times
We really don't get very much snow and ice here in Middle TN. It can get pretty cold, but we rarely get any precipitation besides rain. And when it is cold enough to snow or sleet, it melts as soon as it hits the ground. It usually seems to snow only after it's been 65 for a week so nothing sticks.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 PM

233 posts, read 719,133 times
RebelAngelRuth, I hear ya! This summer has been very hot and humid in Tn, but at least in FL you don't have to put up with 9 degrees. I know that winters in other places are worse, but 9 degrees to someone from FL is absolute misery. Fortunately, I have informed those that I work with that I will use any and all vacation days I have not to show up if there is any chance of snow, or if the temps are below 32 degrees. I am very fortunate that they understand and don't expect me to show up anymore!
People here don't know how to drive in rain, much less snow. They turn on their hazard flashers just to drive with some rain!!! So funny. It happened again yesterday. It was simply shower for God's sake!! Oh well, to each his own.
I will try to find something back in FL, but in the meantime, "bless their hearts", they really should learn how to drive. A turn signal should not be an option. Anyway, winter here is nasty. Cold and dark all day long. So sad. But you are correct, fall is very nice.
BTW, snow doesn't melt as soon as it hits the ground. That depends on the temps that day and the next day. If there is any ice left over, you can't get to work because there are too many cars in the ditches along I-65. Everybody has to stare at them like it's an alien.
Other than that, TN is great!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:40 PM

11 posts, read 25,195 times
We are from NE Florida (Amelia Island/Yulee) and it has been unbearable here. My husband and I grew up on the island when one fan would cool the entire house, now even the air conditioners can't keep up. We have broken the record for the most days above 90 degrees (44) - with that said we can't wait to move to our place in Sneedville TN. I tell everyone that I can put on more clothes when it is cold, I can't take off enough clothes when it's HOT!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,123,967 times
It's all a matter of perspective but if you've lived up north then you will not consider any part of TN as cold. Ever. Even last winter with the record breaking temps. From a northerners perspective, eh, not so much.

A lot of native Floridians do well here. Especially the ones that remember the way Florida use to be before the rude and aggressive people took over that state. The heat down there is brutal, true, but the nasty people did us in. It was also no place to raise a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee