Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 09:03 PM

13 posts, read 40,469 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone, my name is Cindy and I was just reading over all the posts and was compelled to register so I could join this great forum. I absolutely love Tennessee...my dad was born and raised in Newport and although I've always lived in southern NJ, I have been around wonderful people from the south my entire life. My husband and I live in Newport, NJ...coinsidence I'm not sure...lol...but we are planning our move to Tenn. sometime this year. I cannot wait to move, we have visited the area and I have done so much research my eyes are crossed and although every state has it's good and bad points, from what I have read and experienced, the good far outweigh the bad as far as I'm concerned. Where we live now we are in a very small southern town with only a few hundred residents, no traffic lights and only one little country store, we have to travel approximately 40 minutes to go shopping and things are quite slow pace here so the cultural shock is not a concern of mine. We also have family that lives in the Newport area so when we do move, we will have people we know which I believe will help in the transition. The pictures everyone has posted are beautiful, another reason i cant wait to move...the scenery alone is enough to make the move worth while. And everyone we have encountered on our visits have been very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of moving for me will be leaving two of my three sons behind here in Jersey.
Everyone on this forum seems so nice and helpful and I'm sure I will enjoy chatting with you all.
Cindy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 09:41 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Because of this...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/3224676-post10.html

Old 05-21-2008, 06:41 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,899 times
Default welcome

welcome Tenndreams08... glad to meet you. I was compelled like you to join so I could thank everyone on here. I think you'll love living in TN. We will be moving there by October. I can't wait! Have you focused in on a specific area yet?
There are so many things about Tennessee to love that it is hard to name just a few... For me, a wonderful place to raise my children. The people who are TN, weather native, or transplant. The natural beauty of the land and seenery. The genuine concern of people for one another. A place where morals and mannars are still important. You know, its too dificult to explain but a drawing, or need to be there... it is, after all, Gods country.
mbmouse...I love your pictures..as always!!
TnHilltopper...You have quiet a way with words, and you express Tn quiet beautifully.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Tenndreams08 - Welcome to the Forum!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 AM

13 posts, read 40,469 times
Hello everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, we have decided on an area, it will be in the area spanned from south newport up to north greeneville, somewhere in that general area. I want to wake up every day and have a view of the mountains, it is so beautiful and peaceful. We hope to move sometime within the next year, as soon as our house sells. Our children are grown now so we are looking to downsize a bit and live a simpler life...although our life now is pretty simple but we've waited til the children grew up before we decided to move away, now they are all old enough to do what they want.
I'm sure I will love chatting with you all on this forum and hearing all the wonderful things about a state I already love before I even live there.
Have a wonderful day.
Cindy

Old 05-26-2008, 04:00 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,920 times
Words just can't descibe it, there are many great places throughout the states but Tennessee reaches out and touches your soul in a way that never lets go.

I was surfing around and came upon these and thought what better than this to try and describe it.

YouTube - "If You Wanna See God, Go To TN"

YouTube - Why i love my tennessee home

And what better than to wrap it up with this, a bit of East Tennessee Blues.

YouTube - East Tennessee Blues, by Robby Norris (14) & Tom Isaacs (19)

Old 05-26-2008, 10:06 AM

851 posts, read 2,458,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Girl68 View Post
I sooooo wish I was already up there to enjoy the peace and serenity of the mountains, nature and be able to enjoy good conversations with people instead of the irate ones that are down here in Florida. Been here 31 years and it was never as bad as it has been here lately...
Where if Florida are you? If you don't mind telling.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:33 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfanatic View Post
TnHilltopper...You have quiet a way with words, and you express Tn quiet beautifully.
Many thanks, it is most appreciated.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:02 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,582,776 times
ALL I CAN SAY IS WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! I am relocating from Colorado to Tennessee in a couple months and have visited and felt it was a great place to relocate but reading this thread further encourages me. My question has always been is there a place where a middle-income class can survive, provide for their children and raise their kids right and be respected by the respect you give others and not by the amount of money you have. There is no utopia but E. TN comes pretty close.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:30 PM

3 posts, read 9,219 times
Hey there, we're in So Cal also and are considering TN. We're so tired of this place-ready to get out of the rat race for sure. What is TN all about?
Thank, Amy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee