Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:43 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

MovingBack: I would think that the most jobs for bar managers would be in Nashville. It's just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 05:11 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
MovingBack: I would think that the most jobs for bar managers would be in Nashville. It's just a thought.
Thank's, I was thnking about that too....at first. I have talked to my friends from Knoxville last night (yeah, for about 1 1/2 hours....lol)
But, I guess what we will do is concentrate on Chattanooga. See, I HATE growing areas....but, my husbands job depends exactly on THAT
I got in touch with a realtor today (she was very nice and helpful on the phone...let's see, if she stays that way...lol)
She told me not to freak out, because she has NO doubt in her mind, that my husband will find a job in or around Chattanooga. So, we are actively working on finding a rental/ house!!!!!!
Hopefully my husband will NOT change his mind.....again

Old 05-21-2007, 05:38 PM

Yeah, well, real estate agents tend to be a positive lot. Also bear in mind that the pay scale is not very high here.

Like I've said, hospitality is always a good profession, and yes, you will probably have to stick to the cities. There are a lot of dry counties in Tennessee. Heck even Lynchburg, where Jack Daniels is made, is dry.

I have to say that Chattanooga is gorgeous. I like it more than Knoxville!

Us, we're looking to move further out from the cities, maybe even out of state. There is a little more growth than we really bargained for.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:56 PM
MB2

Quote:
Yeah, well, real estate agents tend to be a positive lot. Also bear in mind that the pay scale is not very high here.

Like I've said, hospitality is always a good profession, and yes, you will probably have to stick to the cities. There are a lot of dry counties in Tennessee. Heck even Lynchburg, where Jack Daniels is made, is dry.

I have to say that Chattanooga is gorgeous. I like it more than Knoxville!

Us, we're looking to move further out from the cities, maybe even out of state. There is a little more growth than we really bargained for.
Wait a minute, missy...I am finally got my husband inching into the motion of considering moving there, and you are planning on bailing on me????
Are you serious????
Tell me, that you are just looking into a little "hideaway" in TN, but not outside the state.......
I wish you would stay.....

Last edited by MB2; 05-21-2007 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: huh, what else is new....typo

Old 05-21-2007, 06:00 PM
MB2

That was also a reason, I was told about from my friends in Knoxville. The rapid growth, traffic, construction in and around the city. You know, I love Knoxville, but I guess it has gotten VERY busy there, and Chattanooga is, I guess from what I gather, more "new" and "modern". Plus, my husband doesn't want to be working in a big university town, having problems with drunk students....lol

Old 05-21-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
That was also a reason, I was told about from my friends in Knoxville. The rapid growth, traffic, construction in and around the city. You know, I love Knoxville, but I guess it has gotten VERY busy there, and Chattanooga is, I guess from what I gather, more "new" and "modern". Plus, my husband doesn't want to be working in a big university town, having problems with drunk students....lol
Good girl! That is exactly the problem. Lots of construction here but it doesn't seem very new. Not very progressive. Lots of uncontrolled growth.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:04 PM
MB2

Quote:
Good girl! That is exactly the problem. Lots of construction here but it doesn't seem very new. Not very progressive. Lots of uncontrolled growth.
Hey, missy
You still didn't address the issue of your "intended move", so to speak????
Were you serious about that? I really hope, you are just busting my a** a bit here...

Old 05-21-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Hey, missy
You still didn't address the issue of your "intended move", so to speak????
Were you serious about that? I really hope, you are just busting my a** a bit here...
Oh, no. Not at all. We're just renting, rents have gone up, housing prices are going up, traffic is horrendous, and there are lots of people moving in. Not quite what it was in 2005, when we moved here.

I think we're looking for a small town. Knoxville was great for awhile, because where we live it is country but about 15 minutes to the city. We needed that, due to seeking employment. At first, we had a tough time finding it, but after about one year we found fairly decent jobs. But...well, it is just growing too fast.

We were looking for a sleepy southern town-type of atmosphere.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:06 PM
MB2

Quote:
Oh, no. Not at all. We're just renting, rents have gone up, housing prices are going up, traffic is horrendous, and there are lots of people moving in. Not quite what it was in 2005, when we moved here.

I think we're looking for a small town. Knoxville was great for awhile, because where we live it is country but about 15 minutes to the city. We needed that, due to seeking employment. At first, we had a tough time finding it, but after about one year we found fairly decent jobs. But...well, it is just growing too fast.

We were looking for a sleepy southern town-type of atmosphere.
There's got to be a town like that still around!
Sunny mentioned something to that affect, and where she is living. Just go on this forum, and snoop around, but this time for yourself and not somebody else needing help.
I was serious when I said, I would hate to see you leave

Old 05-21-2007, 08:42 PM

9 posts, read 40,671 times
I was interest in the tri city are, Is there where it snows the most in TN. I also heard about the meth and the ilegals that it was very common in the tri city area is this so?
CAT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee