Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:03 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally'smom View Post
I doubt anyone is still following this thread. Getting the job took WAY longer than expected, but it is official, they offered and I accepted. I won't be headed to Memphis though. Something between Nashville and Knoxville would be perfect. I'm looking for suggestions, but think I may need a realtor. I'm looking to rent, buying is just too big of a decision for me to make right now. I most probably going to move my questions to the Nashville thread when I've decided all my requirements. I just wanted to thank everyone for all their help. I look forward to meeting all of you soon.
Congrats on the job!! Those are definitely hard to come by these days.

If you need to live between Nashville and Knoxville then I highly recommend Cookeville. It's a little closer to Nashville than it is to Knoxville. It's an hour from the Nashville airport and is located right on I-40 between Nashville and Knoxville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 09:55 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
^ I second that. If you're living between the two cities the only real option is Cookeville unless you like country livin'.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:42 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEANNE61 View Post
sweet tea wht artifical sweetener is mUCH better for ya .. . tastes exactly the same to me .. .
as for making blatant statements like that . . '' w.tenn is ugly ???"
i wonder if that person has been here . .
i live about 60 miles south of Jackson . .(btw . .Jackson is too big a town for my tastes)
No , we dont' have mountains around here .. more like rolling hills .. but the scenery and the people and the wildlife , is all still here ..
try it for yourself , let YOU be the judge ...
i'm in a tiny town of 2000 people in Adamsville , near savannah tn .
near the shiloh battlefields , and not far from Pickwick dam .
not for anyone who wants an exciting big town .. but anyone who loves the country . .will love ALL of t enn .. . (tho i agree about memphis .. st ay far from there )
good luck . .much luck in your search for a new home ...
good thing you're coming WITH a job already s ecured .. cause there's nothing here in the little towns . .not a thing !!!!

Hi there future neighbor! 18 months and we move to Bethel Springs - a really tiny town, compared to your big city! LOL I'm SO looking forward to tiny towns - yeah, not even a pizza parlor - and surely no delivery!

Old 01-20-2010, 02:25 PM

97 posts, read 271,764 times
Congratulations on the new job!!!!

Renting is a good idea. You'll have time to decide for sure where you want to live before signing a mortgage.

Best of luck with the job and the move.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:19 PM

169 posts, read 318,169 times
NY Annie,

I'll be going to Bethel Springs this weekend, if the house isn't sold, so I'll report back if I decided to buy it and maybe we can meet up. I was born on Staten Island.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:52 PM

35 posts, read 108,962 times
Thanks for all the congrats. I agree that renting is the only way for me to go right now, until I get a real feel of everything. I don't have to live in a city, actually I don't live in one now (I can only get pizza delivered by Snappy's, not ever my first, second, or third choice). We only have 3 traffic lights in the entire town. I would actually prefer to live a little off the beaten path, as long as I can still find the main road. It would also be nice to be within an hour of an airport. I will check Cookeville out. Any other suggestions, so I can check them out?

Old 01-21-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden phoenix View Post
NY Annie,

I'll be going to Bethel Springs this weekend, if the house isn't sold, so I'll report back if I decided to buy it and maybe we can meet up. I was born on Staten Island.
Keep me posted and good luck on the house. Looks like this party is growing in size. Good thing we have some acres.

Sally's Mom -- keep in touch.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:04 PM

Golden Phoenix - how'd the trip go?

BTW, we bought our house without having seen it. We went down the week after the closing and fell in love with the area, town, and now we are really excited about the move. I cleaned out a closet today - another box for charity!

Old 01-25-2010, 05:02 PM

169 posts, read 318,169 times
They accepted the offer. Brand new house the bank foreclosured on. Not in the greatest neighborhood but according the assessor I have $67,000 in built in equity and two acres. Big house for me and my cat. Kitchen opens into the living room so I will put up a wall and install a wood buring stove, loads of big oaks to cut down. If I ever sell my house here, will not move there until I do. Drove in 5 hours of heavy rain, speed limit 35 on Interstate, beat today. I love the Bethel Springs town hall, my house is bigger. But they have a Wally World supercenter in Selmer and drove the Buford Busser hwy yesterday to look at some houses in Savannah. Pine throughout, walls, ceilings and floors. Might ask for a recommendation to get the floors sanded. Closing on 2/26. Wasn't going to make an offer because of the neighborhood but I can come in from the opposite direction and not see the dump.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:57 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden phoenix View Post
They accepted the offer. Brand new house the bank foreclosured on. Not in the greatest neighborhood but according the assessor I have $67,000 in built in equity and two acres. Big house for me and my cat. Kitchen opens into the living room so I will put up a wall and install a wood buring stove, loads of big oaks to cut down. If I ever sell my house here, will not move there until I do. Drove in 5 hours of heavy rain, speed limit 35 on Interstate, beat today. I love the Bethel Springs town hall, my house is bigger. But they have a Wally World supercenter in Selmer and drove the Buford Busser hwy yesterday to look at some houses in Savannah. Pine throughout, walls, ceilings and floors. Might ask for a recommendation to get the floors sanded. Closing on 2/26. Wasn't going to make an offer because of the neighborhood but I can come in from the opposite direction and not see the dump.
Great! Planning on chopping the trees down already!! Leave at least a few for the critters. Please? Good luck on the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee