Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 03:26 PM

9,904 posts, read 6,612,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I know right. I’m just puzzled how Bryan/College Station a town in central Texas and a place an 1:30 minutes away from Houston will magically appear in Houston MSA. BCS has it own economic engine called Texas A&M University. On top of that Waller County is still vastly undeveloped.
Do you realize how far some of DFW’s components are? Durant OK is included in DFW’s MSA. Over Two hours away with very little developments in between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 03:36 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,413,358 times
Default Caddo Oklahoma

The Dallas area actually extends out to Caddo Oklahoma. That's about 120 miles from downtown Dallas. I can't possibly imagine that someone would drive fro. Caddo Oklahoma to Downtown Dallas for work every day. I mean I've heard of Suburbs, I've heard of bedroom communities and I've heard of exurbs but what do you call Caddo Oklahoma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Do you realize how far some of DFW’s components are? Durant OK is included in DFW’s MSA. Over Two hours away with very little developments in between.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:39 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,980,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
......uhh..It's been like that as long as I can remember.
In the 80s, Greater Houston was larger than DFW for a few years.

Quote:
I know right. I’m just puzzled how Bryan/College Station a town in central Texas and a place an 1:30 minutes away from Houston will magically appear in Houston MSA. BCS has it own economic engine called Texas A&M University. On top of that Waller County is still vastly undeveloped.
Because historically BCS is very tied to Houston. Texas A&M's largest alumni base is in what city? It was only in the last 10-15 years they started getting their own local news stations to replace the Houston ones. With the sprawl that has happened, there are a few people who work in the NW or N suburbs and commute into BCS. It's not magic if you know how SE Texas operates.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:50 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,456,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

Because historically BCS is very tied to Houston. Texas A&M's largest alumni base is in what city? It was only in the last 10-15 years they started getting their own local news stations to replace the Houston ones. With the sprawl that has happened, there are a few people who work in the NW or N suburbs and commute into BCS. It's not magic if you know how SE Texas operates.
....40 years ago?!!

Old 11-25-2019, 03:51 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,505,541 times
Quote:
Huntsville is part of the Houston CSA now, and it's about as far from Houston as BCS, so I doubt BCS will ever be part of the MSA, however I'm certain it will be part of Houston's CSA soon. Some people (not me) think CSA's are more relevant than an MSA. I think Metropolitan divisions are extremely important myself, along with Urban mass. What does the Dallas Metropolitan division consist of ?

Old 11-25-2019, 05:37 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,845,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Huntsville is part of the Houston CSA now, and it's about as far from Houston as BCS, so I doubt BCS will ever be part of the MSA, however I'm certain it will be part of Houston's CSA soon. Some people (not me) think CSA's are more relevant than an MSA. I think Metropolitan divisions are extremely important myself, along with Urban mass. What does the Dallas Metropolitan division consist of ?
The CSA is a complete joke.

Old 11-25-2019, 05:50 PM

8,354 posts, read 5,514,165 times
Quote:
The CSA is a complete joke.
Im with you there. The only ones that kinda make sense are the Bay Area, DC/Baltimore, and maybe Boston. Thats it. For DFW and Houston, the CSA is irrelevant.

Old 11-25-2019, 06:02 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,845,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

You do realize I am an Aggie right? So I think I know something about the area considering I spent 5 years of my life in Aggieland. And technically BCS is apart of central Texas not southeast Texas. BCS has strong ties to other highway 6 towns like Hearne and Calvert etc... You conveniently didn't mention DFW is the second largest Aggie Alumni base. Aggies are well connected and have strong ties throughout this state.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 11-25-2019 at 06:12 PM..

Old 11-25-2019, 08:01 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,456,974 times
Denton county will be the next hot spot in DFW in the coming decades.

...IMO....it will begin to develop just like Austin.
*Large universities
*Lots of live music
*Denton already has it's on version of quirk...its not "Weird" but it's quirky...This will be enhanced
*Tech will definitely bleed up north because it's cheaper and still in the metroplex.
* With Tech comes transplants.
* With transplants comes residential demand
*To quickly suffice the sudden raging demand comes tall residential buildings.(which is where Austin is now)

....I said "IMO"!!

Old 11-25-2019, 11:12 PM

9,904 posts, read 6,612,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Denton county will be the next hot spot in DFW in the coming decades.

...IMO....it will begin to develop just like Austin.
*Large universities
*Lots of live music
*Denton already has it's on version of quirk...its not "Weird" but it's quirky...This will be enhanced
*Tech will definitely bleed up north because it's cheaper and still in the metroplex.
* With Tech comes transplants.
* With transplants comes residential demand
*To quickly suffice the sudden raging demand comes tall residential buildings.(which is where Austin is now)

....I said "IMO"!!
Denton county will develop great. It’s not another Austin. UNT isn’t near UT. All the live music in Denton combined doesn’t equate to even one of the major music festivals in Austin. But yes Denton will prosper just finely. Not becoming another Austin tho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas