Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 11:16 PM

9,902 posts, read 6,607,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Im with you there. The only ones that kinda make sense are the Bay Area, DC/Baltimore, and maybe Boston. Thats it. For DFW and Houston, the CSA is irrelevant.
I actually agree here. Especially since considering small towns 2 hours away from Dallas (and farther away from Fort Worth) are included. I’d also include LA as a place where CSA is relevant since Riverside isn’t included in the MSA. But that’ll probably change sooner than later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 11:24 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,844,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Denton county will be the next hot spot in DFW in the coming decades.

...IMO....it will begin to develop just like Austin.
*Large universities
*Lots of live music
*Denton already has it's on version of quirk...its not "Weird" but it's quirky...This will be enhanced
*Tech will definitely bleed up north because it's cheaper and still in the metroplex.
* With Tech comes transplants.
* With transplants comes residential demand
*To quickly suffice the sudden raging demand comes tall residential buildings.(which is where Austin is now)

....I said "IMO"!!
I’m going with Northeast Tarrant County in the present. Charles Schwab Corp is moving it’s headquarters to Westlake bringing up to 7,000 jobs.

Hillwood president Mike Berry said it is becoming increasingly obvious that the region is a financial center pulling powerful institutions. Hillwood developed AllianceTexas and Circle T Ranch, where Schwab is located.

Between Schwab, Ameritrade and Fidelity, Berry estimated at least 13,000 work in financial services at Circle T on the east end of the 26,000-acre Alliance development. Farther to the west near Alliance Airport, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services finished a 200,000-square-foot office last year and employs a few thousand more.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/b...#storylink=cpy

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...e-dab4735ce8f4

Old 11-25-2019, 11:27 PM

9,902 posts, read 6,607,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
The Dallas area actually extends out to Caddo Oklahoma. That's about 120 miles from downtown Dallas. I can't possibly imagine that someone would drive fro. Caddo Oklahoma to Downtown Dallas for work every day. I mean I've heard of Suburbs, I've heard of bedroom communities and I've heard of exurbs but what do you call Caddo Oklahoma?
Exactly. I wonder why the census bureau is so flexible for defining DFW suburbs and to a lesser degree all of Texas really. Not even the Miami Metro which has reasonable density between some of their northern most suburbs include them.

Old 11-26-2019, 12:55 AM

3,165 posts, read 2,055,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I found these population projections from American City Business Journals that does project Greater Houston to catch up and pass DFW by 2035. Just click the link then scroll to the bottom of the article to find the portal to their cloud database. It also has a link to their formulations.

The following database contains population projections by American City Business Journals (ACBJ) for 933 metropolitan and micropolitan areas across the country.
Projections are presented for five different intervals that begin in 2015. The shortest is five years (2015-2020), while the longest is a quarter-century (2015-2040).

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourn...sdatabase.html
It's definitely possible. Look, for all the growth that DFW has gone through recently, it's not like its been crushing Houston. Lets look at the total metro numbers over the decade.

Greater Houston 2010: 5,920,487
Greater Houston 2018: 6,997,384
Difference: +1,076,897 +18.2%

DFW Metroplex 2010: 6,426,222
DFW Metroplex 2018: 7,539,711
Difference: +1,113,489 +17.3%

So over 9 years DFW has outgrown Houston by around 36,500 people. This is during a decade where DFW saw an economic boom and Houston had a major hurricane with over $100 billion dollars in damage (and a ton of bad press) and low oil prices throughout half of the timeframe. I think Houston will be fine, as always, there will be some point in the future where it overtakes DFW in growth and we're back here having this same conversation. The area certainly isn't struggling.

Old 11-26-2019, 04:08 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,413,032 times
Default There are many more important concerns

I am starting to realize that there are many more important concerns in this life than weather or not one Metro will catch up to another. Yes we are all proud of our hometown but this is not a cause of great importance when you put it in perspective. Both places have gained over 1,000,000 people over the last 8 years. That is more than any other metro area. However that doesn't make any of us here a better person. I think it may actually add stress to our lives and may even give a false sense of hope. Our self esteem should not be tied to our City. None of us personally will be a better person just because we live in Dallas or Houston.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:27 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I’m going with Northeast Tarrant County in the present. Charles Schwab Corp is moving it’s headquarters to Westlake bringing up to 7,000 jobs.

Hillwood president Mike Berry said it is becoming increasingly obvious that the region is a financial center pulling powerful institutions. Hillwood developed AllianceTexas and Circle T Ranch, where Schwab is located.

Between Schwab, Ameritrade and Fidelity, Berry estimated at least 13,000 work in financial services at Circle T on the east end of the 26,000-acre Alliance development. Farther to the west near Alliance Airport, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services finished a 200,000-square-foot office last year and employs a few thousand more.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/b...#storylink=cpy

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...e-dab4735ce8f4
Just seen this on the news!!! That is gonna be game changing for Ft.Worth and surrounding areas....and it is also going in the direction i just mentioned Denton County. But no worries...everybody will eat.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:41 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,979,327 times
Quote:
I am starting to realize that there are many more important concerns in this life than weather or not one Metro will catch up to another. Yes we are all proud of our hometown but this is not a cause of great importance when you put it in perspective. Both places have gained over 1,000,000 people over the last 8 years. That is more than any other metro area. However that doesn't make any of us here a better person. I think it may actually add stress to our lives and may even give a false sense of hope. Our self esteem should not be tied to our City. None of us personally will be a better person just because we live in Dallas or Houston.
City Data and other forums like it are all in good fun. Except the politics section...

Old 11-26-2019, 10:05 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,844,320 times
Quote:
We all are just a bunch of nerds. This is more for fun and entertainment purposes. Don’t take this stuff too seriously.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:17 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,504,279 times
Quote:
Oh that's not true ,we that live in Houston are obviously smarter , better looking, and better lovers because we live in Houston. Count your blessings dude...

Old 11-26-2019, 01:48 PM

3,165 posts, read 2,055,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
We all are just a bunch of nerds. This is more for fun and entertainment purposes. Don’t take this stuff too seriously.
Exactly! These debates are all fun because they're too ridiculous to happen in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas