Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 05:17 AM

43 posts, read 102,379 times

Advertisements

When we lived out there, our little dog (a dachshund) was bitten on the foot by a baby rattle snake. She lived but boy oh boy the vet bill was out of this world. The thing about baby snakes is they don't hold back on the venom. An adult will give you a "small" dose just to scare you off, but the baby it's all or nothing.
I also killed a green mohave in my driveway one morning. Parked my truck right on it's head until it was dead.
I have no need for venomous snakes.
I say, the only good venomous snake is a DEAD venomous snake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 07:09 AM

124 posts, read 283,978 times
Bob, if you can ride that bicycle for a bit, we will teach you how to ride a motorcycle next - right Brie?
Just got back from that area and will post some pics.
Bob, Brie - sorry to have missed you but personnel issues ate up most of our time out there. Did stop at Mays place Sunday afternoon but it was very quiet (except for the 2 van loads of asian people who couldnt speak a lick of english yet bought 1 bottle of water and a lighter in order to qualify with Mays rule of only customers using the bathrooms! - Ask the girls about it - was pretty funny)
Anyways - best burgers we have ever had - highly recommend them!
Like I said, would have to like to have me up for coffee but life took over. I will be back in a while, maybe we can meet up then...

Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 PM

Location: Cornudas TX better known as Glory Land east of Paradise
120 posts, read 235,991 times
Hey Steve sorry we missed you, but we understand first things first. maybe when you come back next time we can get together for coffee.Hope it doesn't get too cold there this year. looks like we may have a cold one.
Talk to you later, sounds good about the bikes, I was thining about getting a three wheeler, that way I can stay up right. LOL.

Bob

Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 AM

262 posts, read 782,020 times
Sorry to hear that you couldn't stay, I had a V.A. Clinic appointment on TWO of the days that you were here, so I was in El Paso all day on Monday and Tuesday.
Here is a little something to help you with your willpower to come down here as soon as you can to stay. It was taken yesterday at three in the afternoon, I tried to get the smoke coming up from the BBQ Grill, but the camera wouldn't pick it up, even though it was visible to the naked eye. The temperature was 68 degrees.
This server wantsme to type in the URL for something that is in my hard drive, I'll just E-mail you the photo directly this afternoon. Brie

Old 12-09-2010, 09:07 AM

Yes - it was awsum weather while we were there - sadly tho when we got off the plane up here in the Northeast it was a balmy 29 degrees!!! My wife wants to know - "why do we live here - tell me again?" And it was 14 degrees when I got up today - yikes!
Did stop at Mays and had some of the best burgers ever but she wasnt there, just 2 young girls working and an older gentleman. We are gonna send her a postcard just to let her know how great we thought her place was though.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:10 AM

Default Our extended weather forcast from ABC

HEY FOLKS! JUST FOR YOU FOLKS LIVING SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN EXTREME WEST TEXAS, here is the extended weather forcast from KVIA, Channel seven, in El Paso.

Today: mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: partly cloudy. Lows 35 to 40. West winds 10 mph.
Friday: mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.
Friday Night: mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday: sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday Night: clear. Lows in the mid 30s.
Sunday: mostly sunny. Highs around 70.
Sunday Night: clear. Lows in the mid 30s.
Monday: sunny. Highs around 70.
Monday Night: clear. Lows in the mid 30s.
Tuesday: mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s.
Tuesday Night: mostly clear. Lows 35 to 40.
Wednesday: mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s.

TRY to stay warm folks, remember, we will be thinking of you, and hoping that you can move down here PERMANENTLY real soon. Brie

Old 12-09-2010, 09:12 AM

43 posts, read 102,379 times
19º here in Virginia

Old 12-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Gee Brie - thanks sooooooooooo much for rubbin it in!!!! (JK)
Its currently about 28 here in Mass altho its supposed to warm up over the next couple days to the mid 40's!
Theres NO wondering why I keep trying to push up our timetable to relocate!

Old 12-09-2010, 09:41 AM

245 posts, read 698,134 times
Yeah Brie, thanks for rubbing salt in the wound!

All my beloved toys up here are wrapped in canvas at the moment. I did get out for a ride on my motorcycle a few days ago. It was 21 degrees so it wasn't a long ride. The next day we got snow so the cover is on and the solar charger is on the battery until the street clear up.

Right now with the wind chill its 2 degrees. My heat tape quit sometime over the nite so had frozen pipes this morning. That is fixed now.

101 days til Spring. Yeah I'm counting.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:50 AM

So why don't you show up for our Memorial Day New York Strip BBQ and
Cowboy shooting match? Don't worry about bringing weapons down, there are plenty of folks here that will let you shoot theirs. Steaks will hit the grill at noon-thirty we will eat for two hours, and shoot for three. After that, we will have dessert. HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE!!! Brie, of Brie and TEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybones View Post
Yeah Brie, thanks for rubbing salt in the wound!

All my beloved toys up here are wrapped in canvas at the moment. I did get out for a ride on my motorcycle a few days ago. It was 21 degrees so it wasn't a long ride. The next day we got snow so the cover is on and the solar charger is on the battery until the street clear up.

Right now with the wind chill its 2 degrees. My heat tape quit sometime over the nite so had frozen pipes this morning. That is fixed now.

101 days til Spring. Yeah I'm counting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas