Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 AM

262 posts, read 782,020 times

Advertisements

Well, come join us, that's where all the discussions have moved to. Brie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,766 times
Default Buying land in Cornudas

I recently came across some info with land for sale by owner. A place called Antelope Acres Estates. The guy's name that I've been talking to is Fred Price. I'm really interested in purchasing some land, but have been reading about some issues with different things out that way. I live in Ga so it's not possible for me to visit the place anytime soon so just wondering if some of you 'locals' could give me some info on the area and things I should look out for, the gossip and politics so to speak. I am looking for privacy, peace, and quiet out in the country. What is this 'project' everyone keeps talking about? Thanks in advance.
Eva

Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 AM

124 posts, read 283,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboutThymeFarm View Post
I recently came across some info with land for sale by owner. A place called Antelope Acres Estates. The guy's name that I've been talking to is Fred Price. I'm really interested in purchasing some land, but have been reading about some issues with different things out that way. I live in Ga so it's not possible for me to visit the place anytime soon so just wondering if some of you 'locals' could give me some info on the area and things I should look out for, the gossip and politics so to speak. I am looking for privacy, peace, and quiet out in the country. What is this 'project' everyone keeps talking about? Thanks in advance.
Eva
well come check out a site that is totally devoted to that area (Yes Fred is even on it). All of us who own land out in Antelope Acres or Sunset Ranches or elsewhere nearby are there answering each and every question. The site is cornudastexas.us
For the record - there is NO project going on.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:30 AM

9 posts, read 17,103 times
Hi Bob, I havent been on in a very long time, but I have got all my priorities taken care of, baught me an RV and workin on gettin a propane generator, I was just wonderin if you still had those tanks, septic and water or either or???? Or do you know anyone that has any for sale?? Also I was kinda curious about how long the batteries would survive runnin my rv, the fridge and stove are propane so I guess just whatever else I plug up would pull juice, I am bringin along 2 extra batteries and a solar panel battery charger made for rvs so I am hopin this will work untill I can get something else set up. At any rate we are finally comin out to our land in Blue Quail!! YAYAYAYA Me and the kids have set the leave date for June 18th. I am soooo super excited to get away from here and get out there to some nice peace and quiet!! ANyways, if you still have them, Ill buy them from you as soon as I get there, or if you know anyone will you let me know?? Moderator cut: contact by DM only. THanks and cant wait to meet all of you out there!!! This ole Alabama girl is finally texas bound!!!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-20-2012 at 03:42 PM..

Old 04-26-2011, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,262 times
There is an Ole Indian Saying for setting up a Tee Pee where Wallace Town was set up. I think the buildings were inflatables. " Welcome Por El Chiquito ! " I remember the web site of a young couple looking at a diamond necklace worth about the enitre sites worth. I went there and just drone around the two square and could see the town folks wondering if I were lost. I just parked and the SHERIFF moseyed on over and asked me to park in the parking lot. Everything was laid out with yellow rope. I asked him if were they expecting a stage coach to arrive? There might be a hitching post still left. Maybe a cowboy hat stuck in the weeds. That Mayor from Las Corundas made out like a big dawg. She re bought it all back for a pony ride.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,336 times
Don't bother with the Cornuda burger. I stopped on my back from Carslbad.I ordered one to go and he told me ten dollars & change for the burger, I couldn't believe it. I ordered it without onions, and of course it had onions. I took them off but the onions ruined the taste for me. I couldn't wait because my dog was in the truck. I finally had go out & put the air conditioning on because it was taking so long. If your headed to El Paso, stop at papa burger on Piedras. or if your passing through on the way up I-25, stop in Hatch & go to Spanky's or stop in San Antonio, NM at the Owl Cafe. Both have awesome NM green chile cheese burger, By the way All three are cheeper and better than the Cornudas burger

Old 08-06-2011, 10:15 PM

135 posts, read 241,245 times
Okay, we now know its owned by some wealthy sculptor, but what is it?

Is it a home, a storage place, a radar dish? How tall does it stand it looks like it is 5-7 stories tall with really big doors.

Anyway any of you out there can get better pictures of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorcraftbc65 View Post
That structure is on top of one of the three hills just south of May's Cafe, about seven miles west of my place. It is owned by a wealthy sculptor, and all the pilots that fly around here refer to it as "The Alien Rest Stop", because of a lot of it's unusual features. Brie

Old 08-07-2012, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,932 times
Default Got to head back west!

I have spent much of my life in western Colorado. I have spent time (another life ago) living in Juarez and El Paso I left Co. as I have too much steal attached to my spine to stay in cold places. So I moved to Florida where I met my Lovely wife! We bought land (5 miles to the nearest paved road) drilled a well and setup a factory ordered modular. I was born in Fl but never really lived there. I hate the humidity! Doesn't matter if it is 100 degrees or 60. With the high humidity I go through three shirts a day.
I recently went back to western Colorado and wore a suit in 98 degree weather while giving away my daughter. My forehead barely broke a sweat. I long for the high desert again. Well my wife and I are looking at west Tx, southern NM, or southern Az for a place to move to. We summer in Northern MI close to her kids and I would be closer to mine in the winter.
I am looking at Antelope Acres or Silver Spur Ranch in Hudspeth county for land. Eventually we would like to be totally off the grid and as self sufficient as possible. I used to hunt and miss it but even finding a place to shoot in Fl without joining a gun club is next to impossible! I do miss the wide open land of the west.
I/we realize we will have to go to El Paso for some of our medical needs but I usually drive a minimum of 50 miles one way regardless of being in Fl or MI. Righ now I am communicating with Mr. Price of Antelope Acres on a possible land deal. I do want to have electricity close (borders county Rd.with power to lot) until I can get everything I need done and they do have a "community well." My wife and I, I guess you might say are adopting the "Prepper life style" if we aren't starting too late! One last question , will it be difficult to transfer my CWP from FL to Tx?

Old 02-13-2013, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,744 times
Brie: Are you around Blue Quail II? I have lot 3 on Unit 546. The map says Tierra Fresno Trail runs in front of it and Polk Run is a connecting street. I haven't been there yet but hope to soon. It'll take a couple trips, the first for building a foundation and the second to do woodwork. I don't know too about it but gather ill have to have water shipped in and a propane tank. Any info you have would be great.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 PM

17 posts, read 72,171 times
Hello
I am in Blue Quail 2. I have lots in unit 549 and 550. I go out there about once per month. You will need 4x4 to access most of the property. A lot of the roads are in very bad shape. I access
the property via big tank road and republic way. I was given the tour in Fec 2012. Your property is about 1 1/2 mile north of my location. Plenty of cows, deer and lizards. Bring your water and
have fun. I bring my John Deere gator and check out my lots. I bought 240 acres in the most rocky, unfriendly area of the unit. I love rocks and cactus. Survey markers are there. Find the first one and then you are good. Or call and arrange to meet tour guide. He is the man who does the road maintenance on the ranch. My name is John.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas