Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 01:17 PM

415 posts, read 506,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Lakewooder, you know that if Houston combined its Museum District and Theater District into one, it would trump Dallas' easily. Theater District alone has the second most seats in the country (something like that).

Get educated :

Houston Museum District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Houston Theater District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-22-2008, 09:25 PM

61 posts, read 103,220 times
All those Houstonians who talk trash about Dallas please remember the fact that we offer you shelters for those who had to evacuate from hurricane IKE and many other hurricanes in the past. Whenever these kind of events happened we waste a lot of money on you Houstonians. So be thankful. And if you really really hate Dallas do not come here to beg for foods and a place to stay.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhotanddeadly View Post
All those Houstonians who talk trash about Dallas please remember the fact that we offer you shelters for those who had to evacuate from hurricane IKE and many other hurricanes in the past.

Many other hurricanes? Which ones were those?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:48 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhotanddeadly View Post
All those Houstonians who talk trash about Dallas please remember the fact that we offer you shelters for those who had to evacuate from hurricane IKE and many other hurricanes in the past. Whenever these kind of events happened we waste a lot of money on you Houstonians. So be thankful. And if you really really hate Dallas do not come here to beg for foods and a place to stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Many other hurricanes? Which ones were those?
Yeah, which ones?
And I thought most of the evacuees were from Galveston and Baytown, not Houston.

As far as arts/theatre districts, Houston's is the best in the state. Museum district is #3 in the country and theatre district is #2 in the country in size.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:50 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
The only Ike evacuees from the City of Houston were from zips 77058, 059 and 062 (Clear Lake). That included us.

The other evacuation in recent times was from Rita.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
The only Ike evacuees from the City of Houston were from zips 77058, 059 and 062 (Clear Lake). That included us.

The other evacuation in recent times was from Rita.
Wow, a whole 3 zips out of the entire Houston area. Does that other person even know what they're talking about? And Rita evacuees were from Beaumont and surrounding area, not Houston.

So you're back now? Cool...

Old 09-23-2008, 11:56 AM

469 posts, read 1,452,085 times
Default I much prefer Dallas to Houston.

I have lived near both cities, not technically in both.
I live in Katy now, just outside of Houston.
The climate here is horrible! There is so much more humidity, and no winter of any kind. At least living in Van Alstyne (north of Dallas on Hwy 75,) we would usually get 1-2 snowfalls a year; I'm not saying every year, but usually. People sometimes wear shorts here around Christmas. We have to run the stupid A/C if we use the fireplace to get that "Christmasy" feel. There are so many mosquitoes, roaches, lovebugs (I had never heard of lovebugs until I moved here,) ect. Did I mention the humidity?
The traffic is awful!!! I avoid I 10 at all costs.
Dallas may not be as "cosmopolitan" as Houston (as the Houstonians would say,) but it has friendly people, better weather, and of course the biggest thing...Braums!

Old 09-23-2008, 05:55 PM

564 posts, read 2,045,851 times
LOL @ better weather

Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie P View Post
I have lived near both cities, not technically in both.
I live in Katy now, just outside of Houston.
The climate here is horrible! There is so much more humidity, and no winter of any kind. At least living in Van Alstyne (north of Dallas on Hwy 75,) we would usually get 1-2 snowfalls a year; I'm not saying every year, but usually. People sometimes wear shorts here around Christmas.
People come to Houston to get away from snow!

If I wanted snow, I would leave Texas completely. Unless you also enjoy the 100+ degree summer temps in landlocked north Texas... no thanks.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:38 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
People come to Houston to get away from snow!

If I wanted snow, I would leave Texas completely. Unless you also enjoy the 100+ degree summer temps in landlocked north Texas... no thanks.
Like people actually enjoy swimming that cesspool water in the Gulf and bays near Houston. Isn't fishing banned in the bay areas around Houston due to chemicals. Yuck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas