Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 07:46 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
that isnt really something for "Houston" to improve on, but something for the suburbs to improve on, (if what youre looking for is this suburban quazi-urban mixed use development) as Houston has a number of new mixed use developments under way. im sure those large suburban developments will continue to sprout up as the suburbs keep growing and hit sizable populations to support such projects.
OK. I understand. Just don't get upset with me about my opinions.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:31 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,565,614 times
who said anything about me getting upset? im just stating facts here..

some of the new mixed use developments in Houston off the top of my head..

Mid-Main
River Oaks District
Azalea Court
BLVD Place
Westcreek
Midtown Superblock
GreenStreet renovations
Memorial Green
Village at Town Center
The Kirby Collection
The Grove(?) at Levy Park
CityCentre expansion

and of course, my favorite..

The GHP Building, err.. tower.
-ground floor retail/restaurants
-intermodal mass transit station
-1,900 space parking garage
-office building
-Le Meridien hotel

all in one tower.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
who said anything about me getting upset? im just stating facts here..

some of the new mixed use developments in Houston off the top of my head..

Mid-Main
River Oaks District
Azalea Court
BLVD Place
Westcreek
Midtown Superblock
GreenStreet renovations
Memorial Green
Village at Town Center
The Kirby Collection
The Grove(?) at Levy Park
CityCentre expansion

and of course, my favorite..

The GHP Building, err.. tower.
-ground floor retail/restaurants
-intermodal mass transit station
-1,900 space parking garage
-office building
-Le Meridien hotel

all in one tower.
I thought Westcreek was divided up into parcels.

What's this "Village at Town Center" development?

Old 02-03-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
I thought Westcreek was divided up into parcels.

What's this "Village at Town Center" development?
its definitely parceled out, but i figured the Westcreek moniker would be attached to those parcels somewhere/somehow? maybe not.

the lamest of the bunch. more of a transit oriented development thats in southeast Houston, where Palm Village is/the southeast LRT line will end. that one might just be residential and retail.

on a related note.. an article just came across the Houston Business Journal talking all about Thor Equities upcoming Kirby Collection mixed use development.

25 story residential tower; 13 story hotel; 67,000 sq ft retail on 2 levels.

it looks like low oil prices arent scaring off everyone.

Thor Equities to break ground on Kirby Collection in Houston's Upper Kirby (Video) - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
New York-based Thor Equities told the Houston Business Journal that it is gearing up to break ground on the $125 million Kirby Collection, a million-plus-square-foot mixed-use project in Upper Kirby, despite the current oil slump.
"The oil issue is a silver lining for us," said Jack Bousquet, a developer at Thor. "We think we'll get more favorable construction costs and some of the competition will fade."

Old 02-03-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
its definitely parceled out, but i figured the Westcreek moniker would be attached to those parcels somewhere/somehow? maybe not.

the lamest of the bunch. more of a transit oriented development thats in southeast Houston, where Palm Village is/the southeast LRT line will end. that one might just be residential and retail.

on a related note.. an article just came across the Houston Business Journal talking all about Thor Equities upcoming Kirby Collection mixed use development.

25 story residential tower; 13 story hotel; 67,000 sq ft retail on 2 levels.

it looks like low oil prices arent scaring off everyone.

Thor Equities to break ground on Kirby Collection in Houston's Upper Kirby (Video) - Houston Business Journal
OK. I remember now!

I like the Thor development. I love how Upper Kirby/Greenway Plaza/Rice Village is developing.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:17 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,104,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
Why would any human freely choose to go to Houston for a visit or to live than Dallas? I as a West Texan cannot think of one reason.
To be fair, neither Houston or Dallas are exactly known as "tourist destinations." To me, it all boils down to which city is more livable, which in my opinion is Dallas. But even that boils down to a personal preference.

I mean, San Antonio is the most visited city in the entire state of Texas as far as tourism goes. And Austin is the most "hyped" Texas city these days. Doesn't mean I'd want to live there in San Antonio or Austin, though.

Last edited by NoClueWho; 02-03-2015 at 09:28 AM..

Old 02-03-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
OK. I remember now!

I like the Thor development. I love how Upper Kirby/Greenway Plaza/Rice Village is developing.
seriously.. eventually Kirby is going to be lined with mixed use developments.
if only Hanover didnt scale back and decided to put the Upper Kirby tower(s?) on hold.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:24 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,104,915 times
Quote:
OK. I understand. Just don't get upset with me about my opinions.
LOL, your own Houston clique is turning on you, huh? Well, at least you were forming your OWN opinions.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:28 AM

92 posts, read 113,436 times
This thread is seriously the high light of my day everyday because it is so funny to see a certain Houston and certain Dallas poster bicker back and forth non stop. It's hilarious!!!!

Old 02-03-2015, 09:28 AM

so opinions are better than facts now?

yeah San Antonio has the most "tourist" visitors, but obviously Houston has more total visitors. San Antonio definitely carries its weight though for how "small" a metro it is vs Houston and DFW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas