Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 11:42 AM

47 posts, read 53,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Man74 View Post
Thebeard,

I don't feel like quoting but you make some excellent points... I've lived in both as well and prefer DFW all day but still have love for Houston..

I would say the cities are more so just different "personalities" bc you can get arguably the SAME in both cities
The O&G comment you made is true but it doesn't matter it IS still the "dominant" force in Houston outside of TMC

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of the IB in Houston is based off that as well

The "orderly" comment about dfw is very true. I would say for more "structure" you will get that in both, I prefer that btw... Having something more ordered/structured and predictable

BOTH have OUTSTANDING nightlife so that is really a toss up... And we are not talking about the overrated/overcrowded (good when you're 21-22 or a college undergrad) nightlife in ATX.. DFW and Houston boasts some of the best nightlife in the country I think

And as far as economic integration within communities, I don't prefer that(honestly), there's nothing wrong with that and I think that that is a reflection of Houston diversity itself.. Altho BOTH are very diverse, I would give the slight edge to Houston in terms of diversity
Very fair viewpoint, thanks for the response!

Old 06-01-2015, 04:44 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeard13 View Post
I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that many of the "newer" areas (ie suburbs) that now make up DFW were previously nothing but farmland. People could create new communities using a clean canvas. In Houston, a lot of these new communities are intermingled with much older towns that in most cases were also poorer. Therefore, you get more SES mixes as you pointed out.
I would say that both Houston and DFW are one and the same on this subject. Many of the currently booming suburbs and once booming suburbs were once old towns with their own identity, downtown's, and main streets. This is certainly the case with all the mid-cities, Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Grapevine, Denton and most suburbs. The only difference here is that most of these are their own cities now, whereas in Houston many of them have been incorporated into the city of Houston. Even Dallas has some of these towns as is the case with Oak Cliff. But I can see why even citizens could assume that the cities were built from scratch from one day to the other due to the fast growth.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:45 PM

394 posts, read 435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
I would say that both Houston and DFW are one and the same on this subject. Many of the currently booming suburbs and once booming suburbs were once old towns with their own identity, downtown's, and main streets. This is certainly the case with all the mid-cities, Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Grapevine, Denton and most suburbs. The only difference here is that most of these are their own cities now, whereas in Houston many of them have been incorporated into the city of Houston. Even Dallas has some of these towns as is the case with Oak Cliff. But I can see why even citizens could assume that the cities were built from scratch from one day to the other due to the fast growth.
Ehhh this is somewhat true man

Many still consider Katy to not "officially" be Houston... It's like Round Rock and Austin

Old 06-01-2015, 07:37 PM

638 posts, read 569,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Why do Houstonians feel scammed when people prefer Dallas....ugh!!!
Simply put, they have feelings of inferiority. Who knows why.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:43 PM

34 posts, read 49,237 times
Interesting thread – which one would you say offers more to explore?

Old 06-01-2015, 09:44 PM

Plus we(DFW) have the most attractive women in the country(in my opinion)/THREAD

but in all honesty, both are great areas.. I reside in DFW now and have many friends who I am friends/colleagues/alumni with whom live in Houston and I would EASILY put Houston RIGHT BEHIND DFW(in my opinion)... And I DO ENJOY "visiting" and staying with them when I go and visit. it's usually a great time, they have great areas too and a good environment(save the humidity and mosquitoes)

BOTH have different things to offer and pros and cons, but BOTH also have everything you could want/need in a city. I would rather not be close minded and ignorant and just admit that BOTH are great.

But I would still say DFW ANY DAY over Houston

Mod cut: copyrighted/hot-linked martial.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 06-01-2015 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: Only post pictures you took yourself

Old 06-01-2015, 11:37 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,565,614 times
So he is claiming to be a Dallasite. guess that proves the boi wrong as usual.. Lulz, the most attractive women in the country? Houston easily tops Dallas. Austin too. Not sure how anyone could put Houston behind DFW but were all entitled to our own opinions.. Overall i would put Houston, then Austin/DFW tied for second..

But I would still say HOUSTON ANY DAY over DFW.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:42 PM

This thread is getting redundant... going in circles over and over again.. just stupid lol

I'm giving objective input , of course I will have preference/bias bc I'm human lol

Through my honest experience though,yes, Houston girls are hot too but they are "easy" (well in my experience), I'm talking "lay up line" easy... Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... But maybe they just like me bc I'm the ****ing Man and she wants "the Big D"

DFW girls are more quality

I'm out lol

Last edited by The_Man74; 06-02-2015 at 12:12 AM..

Old 06-02-2015, 12:15 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
So he is claiming to be a Dallasite. guess that proves the boi wrong as usual.. Lulz, the most attractive women in the country? Houston easily tops Dallas. Austin too. Not sure how anyone could put Houston behind DFW but were all entitled to our own opinions.. Overall i would put Houston, then Austin/DFW tied for second..

But I would still say HOUSTON ANY DAY over DFW.
He already said he's from San Antonio.....he's lived in Houston before and now he lives in Dallas........go re-read the thread.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
He already said he's from San Antonio.....he's lived in Houston before and now he lives in Dallas........go re-read the thread.
Thank you

My point was this is an unbiased, objective input as I am not originally from EITHER town... That's the point lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas