Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,967,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
You might want to double check your facts. Dallas and Fort Worth are 36 miles apart. D.C. and Baltimore are 39 miles apart. Chicago and Milwaukee are 92 miles apart. The difference between DFW and Baltimore/D.C. is 4 miles.

D.C. and Baltimore are two cities in close proximity with a ton of suburbs in and around them. People live in Washington or its suburbs and work in Baltimore and vice versa. There is rail and transit that connects the two. Here is a link I edited into my last post:

Baltimore

My company is headquartered in a suburb of D.C. and people who work there live all over the metro area, just like people do here in North Texas.
There arent even enough commuters between the two to even make it a metro area. It remains a CSA. There is some cross over in the DC burns in Maryland.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:07 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,982,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Because it's stated as an insult. As was just mentioned, Fort Worth was described as our "crutch". It's basically saying we have an unfair advantage. It's about like if we said Houston has an unfair advantage in its sea port or the oil industry or whatever.
but Houston does have an advantage in its sea port and oil.

anyway, I was the one who made the crutch comment, and it was clearly in jest (no matter how true I made it sound). If you can't differentiate the jokes from the serious posts then you are in the wrong thread (cause aint nothing serious in here

Old 03-07-2012, 04:06 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,461,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
but Houston does have an advantage in its sea port and oil.

anyway, I was the one who made the crutch comment, and it was clearly in jest (no matter how true I made it sound). If you can't differentiate the jokes from the serious posts then you are in the wrong thread (cause aint nothing serious in here
So how true do you make other lies sound about Houston.....

Old 03-07-2012, 04:09 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,537,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
There arent even enough commuters between the two to even make it a metro area. It remains a CSA. There is some cross over in the DC burns in Maryland.

LOL, whatever. You're reaching and moving the goal posts now. Before you said they were over 90 miles apart. You're the only person I've ever heard try to argue that the two cities aren't a regionally related metro area.

Moving back on to Dallas and Houston...

Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
So how true do you make other lies sound about Houston.....
nothing I say is a lie, some just get their feelings hurt based on how I list the facts.

It IS true that North Texas developed as a region. Where you get hurt is when I tell you that Dallas need multiple crutches in order to stand up with the big boys.

You know your airport would be puny if you were not granted an airport as a region.

see how that went?

Quote:
LOL, whatever. You're reaching and moving the goal posts now. Before you said they were over 90 miles apart. You're the only person I've ever heard try to argue that the two cities aren't a regionally related metro area.

he is right. it is a CSA, not an MSA.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,967,201 times
Quote:

You should check the City vs city section sometime. Many who actually live in that area agree with what I'm saying. They are not the same metro. You're the first person ive seen try to suggest that they are the same metro.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:22 PM

385 posts, read 968,600 times
Houston has the San Jacinto monument , where Texas won it's independence, Dallas has an assassination museum for when they killed a US President.
Advantage: Houston

Old 03-07-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebor79 View Post
Houston has the San Jacinto monument , where Texas won it's independence, Dallas has an assassination museum for when they killed a US President.
LMAO.

LOL, Dallas got GW,
but we had the better Bush and LBJ as residents

Old 03-07-2012, 04:43 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,380,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebor79 View Post
Except, San Jacinto Monument isn't in Houston. That would be La Porte.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:43 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,352,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
LMAO.

LOL, Dallas got GW,
but we had the better Bush and LBJ as residents
Speaking of which, IAH should have been named after LBJ, instead of Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas