Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:38 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,315,821 times

Advertisements

Great dont say anything to muah then The reason why I say it is because Ive been in convo with people on who there voting for and why so miss me with the that, good evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I couldn't agree less. My vote is for the option that best affords the opportunity for smaller government. < That's a period. That you think it's more about race tells me all I need to know about you and why some can't talk about it amongst one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 04:15 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,389,846 times
huh? can anyone translate this pig latin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Great dont say anything to muah then The reason why I say it is because Ive been in convo with people on who there voting for and why so miss me with the that, good evening.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:34 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,832,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Uh...you lost me on that one.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:02 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,441,384 times
Okay, this thread got seriously scary for a bit there. Can we keep it to intelligent discourse about the issues instead of scare tactics that are just marginally, if that, in touch with reality? About either candidate?

Old 10-24-2008, 07:35 PM

927 posts, read 1,391,784 times
Default Right wing nutcases

Yeah you're right. Some of the posts in this thread are completely stupid. And I'm talking about those that bash Senator Obama and in some way try to connect him with strange things like Nostradamus predictions and the like. I voted for the Senator from Illinois yesterday because he's the right man for the job. Plain and simple. He's intelligent, well-educated and level headed and cares about the people. McCain and his moronic sidekick are none of the above. And I don't believe that Texas is so stupid and full of idiots that it could be on the wrong side of history again. I think that Obama has a great shot to actually win Texas. And if he doesn't it won't be a problem because he'll carry many other states on his way to the Presidency.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:53 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,006,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
huh? can anyone translate this pig latin?
Just for fun,I'll try.

"Great dont say anything to muah then The reason why I say it is because Ive been in convo with people on who there voting for and why so miss me with the that, good evening. "

I think what this is trying to say is:

"Great.Don't say anything to me then (muah being the attempted spelling of the French moi?,or me?).The reason why I say this is because I have been in conversation with people on who are they are voting for and why.So miss me (don't post to me?) with that.Good evening."

How's that?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:03 PM

20,523 posts, read 33,586,635 times
I no longer live in Texas. I live in Maryland which is solidly blue and I believe Virginia will be blue as well which is huge for Obama. My vote....will be vote for Obama and it would be for Obama if I lived in Texas. Obama will lose Texas but will win the urban communities (Dallas, Travis, and Harris).

It will be interesting to see how the votes turn out in Texas though as people believe Texas is becoming less and less conservative as the years passes by due to immigrants and domestic migration from other states in the US. That's why you vote. Because Virginia showed signs of turning blue in 2004 and if people did not go out and vote that year in the state thinking that their vote would not count. Then they are basically saying their vote will never count.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:45 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,389,846 times
sounds about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Just for fun,I'll try.

"Great dont say anything to muah then The reason why I say it is because Ive been in convo with people on who there voting for and why so miss me with the that, good evening. "

I think what this is trying to say is:

"Great.Don't say anything to me then (muah being the attempted spelling of the French moi?,or me?).The reason why I say this is because I have been in conversation with people on who are they are voting for and why.So miss me (don't post to me?) with that.Good evening."

How's that?

Old 10-25-2008, 12:07 AM

336 posts, read 698,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
what i DONT get at all, is how come all the Obama supporters obviously have NO problem with him having been a member of Rev Wright's church for 20 years? there is NO way, NO way, that Obama was NOT aware of Rev Wright's anit-white and un-patriotic sentiments. no way. and then Obama leaves the church, as a political move. Please. come on yall. Wake up!
He does have some shady friends...but guilt by association is probably
not going to prevent him from getting votes...my only problem with
making a scandal out of that is ....no one would think to punish
other people for a lot of the *off the wall* sermons some pastors
preach...his beliefs will become apparent if elected...and we will
have to live with it for the next four years...and if we have survived
with that moron George W. in there ...I think we will be fine...

Old 10-25-2008, 07:32 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,286,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri722 View Post
He does have some shady friends...but guilt by association is probably
not going to prevent him from getting votes...my only problem with
making a scandal out of that is ....no one would think to punish
other people for a lot of the *off the wall* sermons some pastors
preach...his beliefs will become apparent if elected...and we will
have to live with it for the next four years...and if we have survived
with that moron George W. in there ...I think we will be fine...
Dubya is not a moron and I believe he's honest. If I'm naive, oh well. I get so sick and tired of people putting him down. I just wonder how 9-11 would have been handled had Girly Gore been elected. We'll never know and all we can do is speculate, but we probably would have had many more attacks on our country.

The economy...we don't know how that would have turned out either. All people are doing are screaming that it's Bush's fault. Personally, I'm thrilled for the security I feel for our nation. I haven't been effected by the economy. I have friend who just recently (on paper) lost $170,00. She's freaking, but her main goal in life is money and how much she has in comparison to her friends. The battle between the Jones' never ends.

I agree with belle about that sorry excuse for a man of God, Wright. That is one of the biggest turn offs to me about BHO, but I guess this country is full of people who don't respect God and rather believe that Wright is A-okay or it just doesn't matter to them. We have survived, as you say, the years with Bush, but I really think the years with BHO might be more than scary to say the least. Of course, let us not forget; he isn't the country's choice yet. If he wins, I must really wonder about America's people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas