Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 03:50 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Who cares? I don't understand why anyone would want to sit on a plane any longer than they have to. Especially when the air circulation isn't on yet.
That was my thought as well. It's American Airlines, not Southwest. Everyone is already assigned a seat, so I don't really care if a few people board the plane early if wiping down their seat area will make them feel more comfortable flying, or even prevent a medical emergency wile in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
The airlines should clean ALL seats between flights. The filth on some seats has been mind-boggling.
Yes, the planes should already be wiped down, but if someone wants to be extra cautious I'd rather they did it while the plane is empty, and not blocking the aisle while all the other passengers are trying to board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 04:37 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
True (especially on those aisle seats y'all clamor for). But equally true of subway seats, restaurant sests, booster seats, rental car seats, etc etc etc. Those with worries about germs must be doing a lot of standing.

As for the peanut allergens, it's so nice to know that we're continuing to help the special snowflakes. Those with (and the inevitable abusers) can join The schmucks who have their fake service pets. (Please note that I used the word FAKE.)
My daughter is 30 and was one of the early peanut allergic kids. Flying was a huge pain and we had to jump thru hoops so peanuts would not be served on flights she was on.
She carried an epipen, benedryl and mask with her and we primarily flew first class so we could board early.
Luckily she never had a problem flying but calling her or other allergic people “special snowflakes” because people with this allergy would like extra time to wipe down their seats is an asinine thing to say. It’s totally different than dipstick people flying with fake service animals which should be banned.

People die and die quickly from this allergy.

Happy to say, she eventually outgrew the allergy in her late 20’s but is still allergic to cashews and pistachios.

Last edited by mistyriver; 11-09-2018 at 04:57 PM..

Old 11-09-2018, 04:56 PM

656 posts, read 814,130 times
Can I board early with my emotional support hamster?

Old 11-09-2018, 05:33 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
Can I board early with my emotional support hamster?
Sure, you can sit next to me and my emotional support python.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:07 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,710,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
your ticket price will go up. Can you imagine the time it would take to "clean" the seats between flights?!

Would you expect the Movie Theatre to clean all the seats between films??!!
Movie theater patrons are not trapped in a small space. People don’t get airsick sitting in movie theaters, either.

Most important, the movie theater seats are not assigned.

But since you dislike the prospect of paying for clean seats, why should airlines EVER bother cleaning the seats at all. Just let them get dirtier and dirtier for years.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:57 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,375,256 times
Enough with the peanuts. Just stop serving them. They are never fresh and tasty anyway.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:23 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,505,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
My daughter is 30 and was one of the early peanut allergic kids. Flying was a huge pain and we had to jump thru hoops so peanuts would not be served on flights she was on.
She carried an epipen, benedryl and mask with her and we primarily flew first class so we could board early.
Luckily she never had a problem flying but calling her or other allergic people “special snowflakes” because people with this allergy would like extra time to wipe down their seats is an asinine thing to say. It’s totally different than dipstick people flying with fake service animals which should be banned.

People die and die quickly from this allergy.

Happy to say, she eventually outgrew the allergy in her late 20’s but is still allergic to cashews and pistachios.
I agree that calling allergic people "special snowflakes" is incredibly rude. Something I'm not understanding is how folks with a peanut allergy boarding early and wiping down their seats is a good thing considering the peanut proteins will still be there and possibly pushed into the air?

Old 11-10-2018, 03:11 AM

61,745 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Who cares? I don't understand why anyone would want to sit on a plane any longer than they have to. Especially when the air circulation isn't on yet.
Of course there is no way to verify who really has allergies. Most airlines stopped serving nuts a while ago.
It's now all about overhead carry in luggage space. Who goes in first get the space, when it's all full, the rest of passengers need to check it in.
Airlines are cramming in more and more seats, but the overhead space remains the same, and of course gets full quickly.
It's sucks.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/want-...-rules-1324387

BTW: what about passengers who bring their own nuts?????

Old 11-10-2018, 03:19 AM

106,726 posts, read 108,937,910 times
They created a monster by allowing these fairly large carry on’s free . Everyone switched bag types and it now overwhelms the bins

Old 11-10-2018, 03:40 AM

61,745 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
The airlines should clean ALL seats between flights. The filth on some seats has been mind-boggling.
That should be expected, but I always see some trash inside the pockets or under the seats. Stained seats and dirty windows seem to be normal now. Seats infested with bed bugs, and stained with dog poop ( in business class):
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/delt...-on-plane.html.
"Delta flight attendants gave him two paper towels and a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin to clean his shoes and suit.".
https://www.bustle.com/p/can-you-get...bility-9992269
"Yes, bed bugs bit people on this 17-hour flight, and one family claimed their infant daughter was covered in bites by the time the plane landed"!

I just wonder what else passengers will need to endure for the flight privilege ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel