Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:16 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times

Advertisements

Yes, a jury trial for Zenaida in Orange County, FL...oh...I think she would do pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 PM

288 posts, read 168,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yes, a jury trial for Zenaida in Orange County, FL...oh...I think she would do pretty well.
I can't imagine a fair trial could be conducted in Orlando.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:45 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Zenaida will have to PROVE actual damages, $$$ amount. Do you think Zenaida would have been able to earn $100 million over her lifetime? I don't. I will be interested to see what actual $$ damages she claims.
She can go for mental anguish, etc...she will get a lot a of money. People threatened her with her life, her kids, etc..lost her job.

But then again...with Casey you never know perhaps she will be lucky again...hopefully not and in a civil case less evidence is needed.

Btw she owes $ 68 K in back taxes...and Aqua search (if I have the name right) is also looking into suing the family.
George called the owner of Aqua search a "clown"...omg.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Btw will Orange County police department sue her as well for time wasted for searching for Caylee while they could have spent time helping other victims!
According to Baez Casey knew Caylee drowned in the family pool and covered it up together with George...so they both should have known where the body was according to her own lawyer..isn't that a case to sue her for misusing County money? What about other citizens who helped searching for a fake missing girl who all along was 'accidentially drowned in the family pool" if you believe Baez!

Old 07-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
She can go for mental anguish, etc...she will get a lot a of money. People threatened her with her life, her kids, etc..lost her job.

But then again...with Casey you never know perhaps she will be lucky again...hopefully not and in a civil case less evidence is needed.

Btw she owes $ 68 K in back taxes...and Aqua search (if I have the name right) is also looking into suing the family.
George called the owner of Aqua search a "clown"...omg.
You know, she can only get a lot of $$$ IF THE JURY AGREES WITH HER CLAIMS and think she deserves that money. As we have just seen, juries have a way of following the law rather than emotion.

"Mental anguish"???

Yes, I've been watching and hearing the long list of problems this woman has to deal with after she is released. Btw, you cannot be put in prison for not paying taxes, but you can the imprisoned if you attempted to defraud the IRS by not filing. I'm sure that issue has been dealt with already since a tax lien has been filed.

I think all those people who VOLUNTEERED to search will not have a basis for suing her.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:28 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,802,427 times
Quote:
Aren't actual money damages (loss) required as an element to file such a lawsuit?

What I think may be a problem is that Casey Anthony did not even know this woman and made up the name. It will be interesting to watch this unfold.
Damages are alleged - she could have a loss of a single dollar - in fact I dont know if she couldnt even file for injunctive relief. In any event - she lost jobs; lost her apartment etc. She's good to go.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:33 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,802,427 times
Quote:
You all do realize that Casey Anthony has had legal counsel for quite sometime, don't you? You do realize that it's most likely that her legal counsel has explained very carefully to her that she is, indeed, NOT untouchable. My guess would be that Casey Anthony would listen very carefully to what her attorneys who just saved her life would tell her.

Seems to me absurd to project all these "feelings" and "attitudes" onto this woman at this point. Amazing what boundaries might appear for someone who just went through six weeks of a death penalty trial!!! She's not like an old dog. She seems to be very capable of learning from new information.

Don't know if you believe in God or karma or what. However, every spiritual discipline I've ever known basically says it's a bad idea to wish harm on someone else, or that revenge is left to God, or that sending out bad energy (karma) will come back on you with equal force.

Casey does not appear to be able to empathize. Without her ability to see beyond herself - I dont care what anyone tells her. Her parents grief was painful to watch. It was just awful. She could give a rat's ass. After all as she said in her phone call - it was a waste to call them because all they want is Caylee back. Sickening.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Damages are alleged - she could have a loss of a single dollar - in fact I dont know if she couldnt even file for injunctive relief. In any event - she lost jobs; lost her apartment etc. She's good to go.
I believe they have to have a dollar amount. Don't think a suit for the loss of one dollar would go very far. Might be considered a frivolous lawsuit.

I think they would calculated the lost of income from her lost job, calculate the cost to move to a new place to live (did the apartment owner kick her out because it was alleged that she kidnapped Caylee? I'd find that to be very interesting situation in re landlord/tenant laws in Florida). THey have legal ways of calculating $$$ losses. I'd like to see how much money they are alleging this defamation cost her.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Casey does not appear to be able to empathize. Without her ability to see beyond herself - I dont care what anyone tells her. Her parents' grief was painful to watch. It was just awful. She could give a rat's ass. After all as she said in her phone call - it was a waste to call them because all they want is Caylee back. Sickening.
Sorry, I just do not see that she lacks the ability to empathize. Yes, her parents were clearly in pain during the trial. However, the part you don't KNOW about is what kind of relationship these people had over the years. It is VERY POSSIBLE that in fact Casey was sexually abused. Her former boyfriend said that Cindy had had a very troubled or explosive relationship with Casey throughout Casey's entire life. I can't remember the exact wording but the guy indicated that Cindy had verbally abused Casey her entire life.

Is it beyond your ability to accept that parents can and do hurt their children emotionally and otherwise? If Cindy and George had inflicted emotional pain on Casey all her life, why would Casey demonstrate concern for them in this trial?

People are taking specific actions by Casey in specific situations and generalizing FAR, FAR too much from there. You simply do not know that Casey "could give a rat's ass." That's just an assumption by you based on enormously biased information put out about Casey Anthony.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:18 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,053,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I wish Zenaida Gonzalez the best of everything, and hope she gets a huge award settlement. It will be a hollow victory for Caylee, but at least it is something. Casey should not profit a dime from this...

I hope that Zenaida is here legal and has papers

busta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime