Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2011, 04:36 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,097,668 times

Advertisements

First of all, police don't just take parents into custody when their kids go missing. I'm talking about being interviewed by the police so they can gather information to help find your child. You don't need a lawyer for that. You'd want the cops to have all the information in case one tiny little part of that info leads them to finding your child.

Statistics show that 82% of missing children are kidnapped by a family member.

So of course the police are going to investigate the parents and family thoroughly. But the police aren't stupid. As they're investigating the family members, they're also running a parallel investigation into other subjects and tracking down leads. It's only when the parents version doesn't add up that they focus on them but they'll still investigate other leads.

If my child was missing, reading magazines or watching tv to see what the reporters said about me would be the last thing on my mind.

I would welcome a conversation with Patsy and/or John Ramsey, provided they were honest about what happened that night, but that's not gonna happen.

I have one question for you.. Do you have children?

Last edited by Lauriedeee; 10-29-2011 at 04:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 04:46 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
First of all, police don't just take parents into custody when their kids go missing. I'm talking about being interviewed by the police so they can gather information to help find your child. You don't need a lawyer for that. You'd want the cops to have all the information in case one tiny little part of that info leads them to finding your child.
What other information can be gathered? They're looking for a confession.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
What other information can be gathered? They're looking for a confession.
The police would want to know all sorts of information.. like. do the parents have an idea of who would take their child.. did they see any suspicious strangers, where was the mom when the baby was taken.. where was the dad..what did they hear.. did the bio dad take the baby. They'd want to know if mom or dad has a drug habit, or is into illegal activities.. maybe the kidnapping was revenge? or they'd want to know if mom or dad had an affair.. maybe the kidnapping was from a jilted lover. etc, etc.. anything that may be helpful in finding the child will be asked.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:17 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
The police would want to know all sorts of information.. like. do the parents have an idea of who would take their child.. did they see any suspicious strangers, where was the mom when the baby was taken.. where was the dad..what did they hear.. did the bio dad take the baby. They'd want to know if mom or dad has a drug habit, or is into illegal activities.. maybe the kidnapping was revenge? or they'd want to know if mom or dad had an affair.. maybe the kidnapping was from a jilted lover. etc, etc.. anything that may be helpful in finding the child will be asked.
I'm pretty sure these questions have been asked. The reason for asking them a second or third time, to catch deceptions in their story. The attorney representation know this and postpone.

Last edited by virgode; 10-29-2011 at 05:29 PM..

Old 10-29-2011, 05:18 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,516 times
The best thing an innocent person can do is to cooperate fully with law enforcement to help find the missing child. You get yourself cleared so the investigation can move forward. You give any and all information because your baby is missing.

If the parent is not innocent, the best thing to do is probably exactly what Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin are now doing, thanks I am sure, to their attorney (who defends the likes of mob members and Joran van der Sloot).

And while they stonewall law enforcement, the baby remains missing. She is missing right this second, and the parents won't help.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'm pretty sure these questions have been asked. The reason for asking them a second or third time, to catch deceptions in their story. The attorney representation know this and postpone.
true, but if you're innocent, and not being deceptive in an interview, your version of events no matter how many times you retell it, whether you start telling it from the beginning, middle or end will be the same because you're reciting from memory.

Deb and Jer can't seem to keep their stories straight from one interview to the next.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:29 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I remember John Walsh even revealed to police that he was engaged in an extra-marital affair...you answer ANYTHING the police ask if your child is really missing!!

Old 10-29-2011, 06:31 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
true, but if you're innocent, and not being deceptive in an interview, your version of events no matter how many times you retell it, whether you start telling it from the beginning, middle or end will be the same because you're reciting from memory.

Deb and Jer can't seem to keep their stories straight from one interview to the next.
So true liars need good memories!!! The truth is the truth is the truth...

Old 10-29-2011, 06:37 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:

Statistics show that 82% of missing children are kidnapped by a family member.

So of course the police are going to investigate the parents and family thoroughly. But the police aren't stupid. As they're investigating the family members, they're also running a parallel investigation into other subjects and tracking down leads. It's only when the parents version doesn't add up that they focus on them but they'll still investigate other leads.
I'm very aware of how police investigations progress. You're talking to someone who came this close to going into law enforcement.

Quote:
All of that would fall under the pertinent information I mentioned earlier, and there is usually little reason to withhold any of it. It is beyond this that you would want a lawyer present. A lawyer being present keeps the police honest and helps the parent/suspect from getting caught in a fishing expedition.

Quote:
If my child was missing, reading magazines or watching tv to see what the reporters said about me would be the last thing on my mind.
I'd be more worried about what the police and the district attorney...the ones with the power to charge you with a crime...thought.

Quote:
I have one question for you.. Do you have children?
Completely irrelevant, but no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
The best thing an innocent person can do is to cooperate fully with law enforcement to help find the missing child. You get yourself cleared so the investigation can move forward. You give any and all information because your baby is missing.

If the parent is not innocent, the best thing to do is probably exactly what Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin are now doing, thanks I am sure, to their attorney (who defends the likes of mob members and Joran van der Sloot).

And while they stonewall law enforcement, the baby remains missing. She is missing right this second, and the parents won't help.
Tell that to members of the Beatrice Six.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:11 PM

Bosco.. if I were the parent of a missing child.. wouldn't you agree that it would be in my best interest to answer thoroughly any questions that detectives had for me or to clear up any doubts they may have from previous interviews?

If I'm innocent.. I wouldn't need to hide behind legal bs to keep me from talking to them as Deb and Jer have done. I'd want them to eliminate me as a suspect.
If I'm guilty, then sure, I'd want a lawyer to throw up as many roadblocks as he could to keep me from being reinterviewed again.

We're not talking about the Beatrice Six.. we're talking about parents of a missing baby who've done nothing to help with the investigation, and can't seem to get their story straight. Parents who should be besides themselves with worry over whether or not their baby is warm, or fed, but instead, Mom goes and gets her hair colored, and the dad walks out of the police interview because he's tired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime