Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 06:08 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
More irrelevant spin.
Not irrelevant at all. In fact, they made crucial mistakes.

The two most important ones are that they didn't bag Trayvon's hands as is customary and that they stored Trayvon's hoodie away damp and sealed it in a plastic bag, possibly destroying key DNA evidence.

They didn't take Zimmerman's blood for drug or alcohol testing. They didn't secure his truck. They didn't even interview the occupants of all the houses on either side of the alley-way dogwalk that night, or else they would have instantly discovered Trayvon's identity. Their interviews of Zimmerman were hardly exhaustive or comprehensive in my opinion. These are just a few of the mistakes they made that I can think of.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
She is entering the Mayor's office, where TM's father is present along with Crump and a few more people. They get the tape set, hit play and BAM!!!!, her son (who she knows to be dead) is allegedly screaming in terror for his life.

Oh, hey, we failed to warn you ahead of time. My bad.

Okie, Dokie.

You can believe what you wrote until the cows come home. I don't believe that for one second.
Well there were a lot of witnesses to that event, and unless they are all willing to perjure themselves, it will be brought out what she was told before hearing the recorded call.

If anything the police would have told her it was Zimmerman screaming for his life, since that is what they wrote in their police reports.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Now we have GZ's mother's testimony and the uncle (that was a distinguished background + deputy sheriff) testifying that it was GZ's cry for help.

I believe, if I was on the jury; that I would simply cancel out the testimony of both mothers + uncle/brother and use the one credible eye witness. I still think that reasonable doubt will rule the day.
If I were on the jury I would believe that those screams were from someone facing the threat of a firearm, not from being punched, knocked to the ground, and engaging in a scuffle in the grass.

I would also consider the evidence that there was no intermittent muffling of the cries, as would occur if George's mouth and nose were being clamped down on with Trayvon's full body weight, as George testified.

Try an experiment on yourself. Clamp your hands over both your mouth and nose tightly, and yell, and then keep yelling, and release just the mouth part, as George claims happened.

And the fact that the cries escalated until they were stopped by the gunshot. If George had been reaching for his gun, making sure his right hand was out of the way, positioning, and shooting---would he really have been screaming hysterically while doing all that? Doesn't make sense.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:31 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
You are correct. Trayvon can walk as slowly or as quickly as he wishes.

Problem is at one point, Trayvon decided to "walk" back to George and assault him.

Oopsie!

And his age? OMG, what kind of nonsense is that?

Really, to throw that out is just making your theory weaker.
It's not a theory...a 17 yr old boy is not capable of judging risk vs benefit as is a grown man...and how do you know Trayvon walked back to GZ??? My theory is as valid as yours...

Old 07-07-2013, 08:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It's not a theory...a 17 yr old boy is not capable of judging risk vs benefit as is a grown man...and how do you know Trayvon walked back to GZ??? My theory is as valid as yours...
At 17, if Martin would have murdered someone, he would have been tried as an adult.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:10 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
At 17, if Martin would have murdered someone, he would have been tried as an adult.
And if Grandma had b@!!s ...she'd be Grandpa... That's a whole other thread...

Old 07-07-2013, 10:44 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
You are correct. Trayvon can walk as slowly or as quickly as he wishes.

Problem is at one point, Trayvon decided to "walk" back to George and assault him.

Oopsie!

And his age? OMG, what kind of nonsense is that?

Really, to throw that out is just making your theory weaker.
Myth Busters: Did Zimmerman “Chase Down” a Fleeing Martin?

"One of the enduring myths of the falsified public narrative promulgated by the State prosecutors and other anti-Zimmerman zealots has been that George Zimmerman “chased down” a frightened Trayvon Martin who was simply attempting to secure the safety of his destination (his father’s girlfriend’s home in at the Retreat at Twin Lakes neighborhood."

http://lawofselfdefense.com/zimmerma...leeing-martin/

Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Why Zimmerman’s Motion for Acquittal Should Have Been Granted

Here, we take a different approach, delving into the details of O’Mara’s motion. Part of this detail includes the full-length decisions of almost every court case cited by O’Mara in support of his motion.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You had used the term "Duh???". More or less implying 'good ole boy' favors to help GZ out of past problems. All I am saying is that there is no proof of any foul play. If there was; I am sure the prosecution would have picked up on it.

As far as GZ being treated "unfairly" by the media: I blame that on our President and other leaders that tossed in their two cents. Where are these leaders and media with the Kelly Thomas case? I never heard about this until the CD thread on 7/5. It is almost like everybody is paid not to knock the system. People today do not care about the homeless.
I cannot be responsible for what you think I mean when I write a comment. You are putting your own spin on it. I never said "good ole boy" or anything of the sort. I wasn't even thinking about race when I wrote it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
And if Grandma had b@!!s ...she'd be Grandpa... That's a whole other thread...

Old 07-08-2013, 12:06 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If I were on the jury I would believe that those screams were from someone facing the threat of a firearm, not from being punched, knocked to the ground, and engaging in a scuffle in the grass.

I would also consider the evidence that there was no intermittent muffling of the cries, as would occur if George's mouth and nose were being clamped down on with Trayvon's full body weight, as George testified.

Try an experiment on yourself. Clamp your hands over both your mouth and nose tightly, and yell, and then keep yelling, and release just the mouth part, as George claims happened.

And the fact that the cries escalated until they were stopped by the gunshot. If George had been reaching for his gun, making sure his right hand was out of the way, positioning, and shooting---would he really have been screaming hysterically while doing all that? Doesn't make sense.
All of this is speculation - like many of us have made about this case. You cannot render a verdict of guilty on speculation - beyond reasonable doubt. The one credible witness, that was closest to the shooting, stated he believed it was GZ screaming for help. That is hard to get around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime