Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
You're still confused. Have you not seen the video where the ONLY witness told police that he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman beating him and that he WATCHED Zimmerman yell "help help!"

Let me guess, this witness is a liar and did it because he is racist too, huh?

Posted again.
Witness Says Trayvon Martin attacked George Zimmerman - YouTube

The only ones caught lying in this case were the pretend call Martin made to some girl while Zimmerman approached him and shoved him. Now why would she need to lie? Use your brain (if you have one).
No need for that. Zimmerman gave his statement to the police, including video interviews. It was the police that questioned Zimmerman as to how it was possible for him to keep screaming if his nose and mouth were covered.

Perhaps if the actual evidence presented was discussed, there would be no need to constantly attack other posters?

Here is Zimmerman's signed narrative of events.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/im...ement_0226.pdf

Old 06-25-2013, 07:11 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Martin's parents are in the courtroom, the issue with this... Yesterday, when the 911 tape was played, she started crying when the screams for help were on, she leftthe ccourtroom, she was crying so hard.

Tell me that would not affect a jury? Forget about any experts... That Mother, obviously thinks her child was in fear, screaming for help.

Now, cynic that I am... Did the prosecution ''suggest' ', this? Was that a scripted act? Or a Mother in pain?

Either way, that reaction spoke volumes to that jury. Without a word.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
FYI, recanted his testimony? That is why the defense is planning on using him (under oath) as a key witness, according to the opening statements yesterday?

Hmm.........................

If anything he probably got scared from all of the publicity, remember, he told police the night of the actual incident, so there was no "oh he made things up over a course of the year". Besides, where is the proof he recanted, I tried to find it, I couldn't.

It was never said Trayvon Martin held his hands on or over Zimmerman, he was sitting on top of him, straddling him (again, according to Zimmerman and the witness). Clearly Zimmerman was hit MULTIPLE times to look the way he did and Martin's autopsy report included no abrasions to his face that would go along with the idea that Zimmerman ever hit Martin in the face as well.

Clearly when you take all of these actual FACTS into consideration, it is easy to see that Zimmerman was attacked and had no choice but to shoot the little thug.

Again (man it is annoying to continually repeat myself) the only person who recanted WAS TRAYVON'S "GIRLFRIEND" that said she heard the confrontation begin with Zimmerman cussing Martin out and shoving him. So why did she lie? Somebody tell me why she needed to lie.
There was a witness that stated a man in a white shirt was on top beating someone. Neither had a white shirt. That witness lost both eyesight and memory once they found out nobody had a white shirt on . (one neighbor did)

True, Trayvon doesn't appear to have been hit at all during the altercation. Only one small cut on one finger. However, he had no bruising on his hands or knuckles, head, and not a spec of DNA on his hands or sleeves either.

More things to think about.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:57 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,721 times
Quote:
I wonder how long it will all take. A week? Two weeks?

I will say, Im watching the opening statements right now. My god, this must be hard for Zimmerman to take. If it were me, I'd find that prosecuting attorney out of the courtroom and whoop his ass.

Our justice system is a joke. It isnt about the victims or the accused, its about one attorney trying to get over another and seeing which one can lie more while doing it. Pathetic.

Why is it allowed for either side to create a narrative? Why cant they just present the facts. "Here, this is for a FACT that can be proven, as to what happened".

Why is it "oh, innocent child, killed by a grown man...the smell of the smoke". What is this, lifetime?
Your knee-jerk reaction reads as vigilante justice, a la George Zimmerman. How's that working out for him?

Old 06-25-2013, 07:58 AM

872 posts, read 2,029,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Martin's parents are in the courtroom, the issue with this... Yesterday, when the 911 tape was played, she started crying when the screams for help were on, she leftthe ccourtroom, she was crying so hard.

Tell me that would not affect a jury? Forget about any experts... That Mother, obviously thinks her child was in fear, screaming for help.

Now, cynic that I am... Did the prosecution ''suggest' ', this? Was that a scripted act? Or a Mother in pain?

Either way, that reaction spoke volumes to that jury. Without a word.
Interestingly enough, that wasn't even Trayvon Martin yelling for help, it was Zimmerman. So...she was crying because her son was beating Zimmerman to hell? Strange.

If she is going to cry like that in a courtroom, she shouldnt be allowed in, because there is NO WAY that doesnt mess with the minds of a jury full of women.

Very difficult to read that handwriting.

To me, there is no question of who was on the ground getting their head pounded, it was Zimmerman. The question is, did Zimmerman continue to follow Martin and attack him or threaten him first or did Martin sucker punch Zimmerman?

To me that is the only pivotal point in the discuission.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
To me, there is no question of who was on the ground getting their head pounded, it was Zimmerman. The question is, did Zimmerman continue to follow Martin and attack him or threaten him first or did Martin sucker punch Zimmerman?

To me that is the only pivotal point in the discuission.
It is definitely the point. We'll never know how it started. The pivotal point will be the location of the confrontation. It's hard for anyone to believe, given the statements made in evidence, that Trayvon came out of the darkness to get in Zimmerman's face. But if he did do that, we'll never know how it went down. But given the locations stated so far, it's hard to believe that the body ended up where it was.

Zimmerman stated he was on his way back to his truck when Trayvon came out of the darkness. That places the confrontation at the Tee, the meeting of the sidewalks. Given the altercation location, Zimmerman would have to have gone down the sidewalk, which is Not on the way to his truck. Or, perhaps Trayvon did punch him, then ran. But during this trial, that will be extensively gone over and over.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:23 AM

872 posts, read 2,029,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
It is definitely the point. We'll never know how it started. The pivotal point will be the location of the confrontation. It's hard for anyone to believe, given the statements made in evidence, that Trayvon came out of the darkness to get in Zimmerman's face. But if he did do that, we'll never know how it went down. But given the locations stated so far, it's hard to believe that the body ended up where it was.

Zimmerman stated he was on his way back to his truck when Trayvon came out of the darkness. That places the confrontation at the Tee, the meeting of the sidewalks. Given the altercation location, Zimmerman would have to have gone down the sidewalk, which is Not on the way to his truck. Or, perhaps Trayvon did punch him, then ran. But during this trial, that will be extensively gone over and over.
Yeah. I'm watching so we will certainly see what happens. Zimmerman's laywer (Don West) sure is a doofus, though. Stupid knock knock joke and has candy in his mouth he has to spit out before talking. Id be pissed.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:08 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,915,325 times
Quote:
Y Zimmerman's laywer (Don West) sure is a doofus, though. Stupid knock knock joke and has candy in his mouth he has to spit out before talking. Id be pissed.
When I saw the tape of the knock-knock joke, I was thinking WTF? That was downright bizarre. West does seem so far like a total dufus. The knock-knock joke almost made me wonder (tongue in cheek) whether the defense strategy was to take a chance that Zimmerman would be convicted, then appeal on the grounds of incompetent representation.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:09 PM

137 posts, read 151,432 times
Arrow Prosecution in Zimmerman case to reveal star witness

Prosecution in Zimmerman case to reveal star witness - the girl Trayvon was talking to in final moments

Prosecutors in the Florida murder trial of neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman will reveal a star witness for the first time on Tuesday, the girl Trayvon Martin was talking with in the last minutes of his life.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:46 PM

I still think the star witness is the crime scene evidence, going on now. George appeared a bit concerned as he saw where they were going, and where else they may take it. Proximity of the evidence at the crime scene in relation to the Tee, the sidewalk, the shell casing, handling of the body, the condition and state of the body when found by the prior witness, the officer on the scene.

The crime scene, and the body, sure don;t seem to match the statements given. I'm sure there's a story behind this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime